Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. JukeBox

A jukebox that would allow to access music on your PC. Could have different models; Gramophone, 50s Jukebox, Record player, MP3 player with dock and speakers etc etc.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show the desktop when there is no monitor connected.

I know this is mostly a windows issue, but Virtual Desktop can still show a desktop with no monitor connected.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Touch shortcut for keyboard show/hide

Finding the show keyboard button is a pain. A method for showing/hiding the keyboard - say pressing B or Y - would be useful for quickly pulling it up.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calibrate floor height by putting Touch controller on the floor

I think the current way of calibrating the floor level is a remnant of the pre-Touch days, and I still frequently see discussions about the floor level being wrong. I mean, even if I know how tall I am, all it takes for it to be off is for me to be slouching somewhat during the calibration.

I believe putting a Touch controller front-first on the floor during the calibration would be a better approach, as the distance between the floor and the IR rings on the controllers can be accurately measured and will be the same every time for…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dash should have pinned window arrangements.

If I already have discord open on desktop then when I load into vr home it should already be pinned where it last was pinned. Going further you should be able to switch between arrangements. Where windows are pinned in one vr experience might not be good for another. So I should be able to pull up dash and hit a button on the carousel just like the monitor button, which would then show my bookmarked arrangements. Selecting this button should automatically pull up all the windows of that bookmark. If it's not possible to auto launch and programs for…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give users control over Facebook data collection

Oculus’ VR offerings are very well regarded. You sell good hardware, backed by a great user interface and game library. However, Facebook user data collection is a concern for many.

We can debate how harmful this data collection actually is in practice. However, it undeniable that it is generating intense negativity towards Oculus and scaring away potential customers.

Oculus should improve this situation by giving users control over how their data is collected by Facebook. Oculus should also be transparent about how user data is used.

Some suggestions:
    - Add granular privacy settings that allow users control over what user…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dash swipe keyboard would be better

I enjoyed the "hunt and peck" style keyboard for a minute but I can't help but wonder how much more effective a swipe keyboard would be while we wait for keyboard vr tech to make is way too oculus. Bonus points for talk to text universal button - meaning it should work ANYWHERE!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Localized prices and currencies for different countries.

Localized prices and currencies is what keeps a lot of people from building a Oculus Store library, every single game is much cheaper to buy from Steam because of the localized prices and currencies that they offer. I think everyone would benefit from this, especially people from outside the USA, Europe and Australia. Thanks!

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put 3D panoramas of games in the Store

I'd love orbs with 3D 'screenshots' from games in the store, that you can pick up from the shelf and smash for a small preview.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3D Music player nodel (Amplifier)

Music Amplifier to select and play your own tunes.
    Include Freqency graphic analyser (those dancing bar graph of freqs)
    Add range of devices - choose from 80s, 90s styles
    Select local radio channels as well

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More payment methods and features - gift card, wallet, etc...

Hello,

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, playstation network cards.
    And I know other stores that also offer this type of payment.

I have nor want a credit card or to make a paypal account as they come with unwanted costs.

Payment methods should be plentiful and convenient.
    The oculus store is the only one…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set maximum height for Guardian system

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has slammed into their ceiling fan a few times. It would be excellent if the guardian system could be set with a maximum height so that the grid appears if you raise your hands too high. Simply add a step to the guardian setup where the user holds the controller at the max height and presses the trigger.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Games purchased on Oculus Home should come with a poster to put in your home.

It would be a great way to represent your favorite games a little better since the boxes are kind of small.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatically enter WebVR when site requests it.

I use Sketchfab to look at 3d models in VR. I wish there was a way to just open them from a web browser in Home/Store/etc. instead of having to take off the headset, find the model, open in VR, and hope it works.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Home Whiteboard similar to HL:Alyx

Add interactive whiteboards to Oculus Home.
    Great for Recording / Interactive Games with guests etc

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to create multiple homes and switch between them.

Not sure if this is a plan for when it is actually fully released, but it would be better than having to rearrange everything if you want a change in scenery.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Radio or other audio device

I would love to have an interactive functioning radio or record-player in the room, were you could upload say 3-5 songs which you could then select to play when in the room.
    Visiting friends should also be able to interact with it and check out your music...you learn a lot about a person from the music they listen to :-)

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better use of Objects, such as Baketball, Bow, etc. Basketball is hard to dribble, grab, shoot, without accidentally moving objects around

Better use of Objects, such as Baketball, Bow, etc. Basketball is hard to dribble, grab, shoot, without accidentally moving objects around

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let pass through camera on Rift S to see my physical keyboard.

I can't do any of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, and won't be able to fully have any productivity on virtual desktop. The only thing I"m missing is the keyboard. HTC vive has a program called "FragmentVR" that allows a window. Even better would be to identify the keyboard, and show a photogrammetry version of the keyboard with clearer keys, and shadow of the hand overlapping it.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow a trade in from Rift to Rift S

I purchased a rift about 5 months ago and I heard about quest and rift s about right afterwards. After looking into them more, they look amazing, and an ability to be able to trade in a rift for at least $50 off of the rift s or quest would be amazing. Thank you oculus team, this would help out!

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base