Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Rift S controllers battery life.

The batteries in the controllers run out quickly. About 2-3 days. It doesn't seem to depend on whether I use them or not. But when I stop the Oculus service between gaming sessions batteries last much longer. It seems like it would be nice to better tune the idle mode of the helmet and controllers.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wireless adapter for Rift S

Would a wireless adapter for Rift S be a possibility?

I would be willing to even install a PCI e card for 60ghz wifi.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prevent window movement

When Windows are pinned and Dash is opened up, the Dash AND pinned windows are "centered" around your current view.
    This messes up aligned windows in games.

For example I have a window pinned in Elite Dangerous - right below my right side panel.
    I hit Dash while not looking dead straight and it recenters Dash AND the windows to match my orientation. This will cause the windows to be moved to an unwanted location.

Please add a toggle-option to prevent recentering of DASH when opened up.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wristwatch Button Customization + Keyboard key macro on the wrist

--Wristwatch Customization

The wristwatch is still an experimental thing, it is good, but to be really useful it should have a way to customize the functions, size and position of the buttons.
    Each person has a priority for each type of function they want easy access.

Here is a reddit post I made exemplifying the MIC ON/OFF as the main button because we don't have a simple way to push to talk and/or turn the mic on and off.
    **Notifications are extremly easy to access, making the function useless in the wristwatch

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9m9vsi/heyoculusthewristwatchishandybut_the/

---Keyboard…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock Objects Individually

Being able to lock objects individually so they cannot be dragged around or picked up or anything unless you unlock it again.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chinese users need new download line support

Although oculus products have not been officially sold in mainland China, tens of thousands of users have chosen oculus. Because of GFW, tens of thousands of users are unable to activate or update the device, and many new users are forced to give up using oculus excellent VR devices for this reason. Therefore, we hope to get oculus' help.

There are two ways to alleviate the problem:
    1、 Set up CDN nodes or servers in Asia or China
    Facebook server IP has been completely blocked by GFW; Amazon's servers in the U.S. are not ideal in China. (slow download speed)…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Marketplace where users can upload and sell furniture and items

I think it would be great to have a store for Oculus Home furniture and items, that users can upload and sell 3D models (or Medium Sculpts) to (Oculus getting 30% cut though, obviously).

This marketplace SHOULD be curated, to only allow items that meet the quality level of the current Oculus-made items to be sold.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display Oculus Home in a desktop window as well

When recording VR it is always a problem to get the best view of everything. Oculus has Oculus Mirror.. which only shows part of what you see in your HMD so that it fits a 16:9 screen. At first I thought some way had been found to show all of the VR view by mixing the two eyes somehow, but then I noticed reviewing the video how much of the view was missing.

So the best option has always been if the game has a separate window for the desktop, so that you can record this window, rendering what you…

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Additional environments!

I know some people have requested specific environments, but I'd be happy with whatever you created. I love the ones you have now, and new ones are what I'd look forward to the most. Underwater, old west, microscopic, Las Vegas, inside a PC, baseball game, movie lot, the possibilities are endless!

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Guardian Disable by app/game

Make it so you can set a default by game so when you play a seated game you dont have to go manually turn it off every time.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DAY/NIGHT mode and dynamic light objects (LAMPS, SPOTLIGHTS ETC)

Would love to be able to turn the lights down in my room to make it cozy and relaxing. Have light-emitting objects sections such as lights, desk lamps, laser etc Option to make DAY/NIGHT or sync to the local clock. I think it would add to the immersion! Fantastic work so far dev team! Really enjoying making my room!

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Seated Play for Rift S

On the original Rift, you could calibrate your height during setup. It allowed seated play by sitting down and adjusting your height as such so you'd be sitting and be for example 6'0 and be sitting down instead of crouching. I don't have the strongest legs and it's not comfortable for me to stand up, I'm sure people have the same issue and I've also met a few people who couldn't even move their legs and were either in a wheelchair or they just sat in bed/a chair all day exploring a new world when they couldn't with our own…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow multiple user log in

Allow multiple user log in on same computer while sharing the game library in order to be able to share/demo with family and friends.

Similar system as Xbox where all users can play games installed.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller

2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip is being…

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show on store page when friends own an app

Quite simple- show on a store page which of your friends already own the app.

Would incentivise you to buy it more.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let us mark where real objects are in guardian

For example I always keep my keyboard in the same place in my room. It would be nice to be able to mark where certain objects are in guardian for easy access. A rectangular prism for my keyboard that exists in a fixed place just outside my boundary for example, or a cylinder for my beverage that I could quickly add in or reposition on the fly from the dash menu. These would only be visible when your guardian walls are.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. gift

Allow gifting of store items to people in friends list

Sure would be nice if this was available before XMas. Also putting a delivery date on the gift would be cool.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an option to rollback the Oculus software as a last resort.

A recent update for the Oculus software has left my device effectively bricked due to AMD not releasing Windows 8.1 drivers that are new enough for the Oculus app to consider updated. I'm presently being told by Oculus support that my only option is to buy Windows 10 or a new graphics card, and that Oculus doesn't have the ability or intention to make my headset functional again. There should be an option to roll back software as a last resort in these kinds of cases that can allow Rift owners to use their device as they did before an…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base