Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Rift S real earphones accessory.

As a long time VR enthusiast coming from the DK1 and DK2. Rift S should have come with real earphones. Sell some bolt-on option asap. I understand you can get away with the piped solution for the GO and even partly the Quest. Wired PCVR, headphones are the minimum.

At the very least for your next rift, do not forget the IPD slider and the earphones. Lessons learned.

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow more customization of Guardian

Allowing more customization of the guardian wall would have a positive impact on user experience. Many of us already know the bounds of our playspace, and don't need the thick, bright guardian wall popping up all the time, but also want more notice than the floor square. This is especially true now that the sensitivity of when the wall appears has increased with the Core 2.0 beta. Some welcome customization options would be the following:

1) Guardian wall sensitivity slider
    2) Guardian wall opacity slider
    3) Guardian wall line thickness slider
    4) Guardian wall color options
    5) Guardian wall texture…

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

We recently added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity, which you can find in the settings menu while in VR.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

3. Pin window to Touch controller

currently, desktop windows seem to be pinned to the real playspace area.
    when playing shooters, this gets in the way :/

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link with Spotify

Not sure if would be possible, but it'd be cool if we could link our account with Spotify and have a virtual stereo in the room which plays our music, or when people visit our room it shows our current listening.

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate rooms for separate profiles

It would be nice if sharing the Rift with the family meant they had their own Avatar in Home, and if not their own house, then maybe their own rooms. By that I mean that if you go into that room, you can launch Rift games from there and you'll have your own settings and save games. Would make sharing the Rift with guests a lot better too... Just go to the guest room.

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add 'Quick Launch' tab for Desktop Apps

Right now, if I wanted to open say, Spotify, as a "pulled out" app, I have to, go to the Oculus Desktop tab, navigate my desktop, go to my windows start menu, open Spotify, then 'grab it out', then close Oculus Desktop.

Lots of manual effort, very clunky.

What I'd like is a tab to the left of Oculus Desktop called 'Quick Launch', where I can add my favorite apps (eg. Chrome, Spotify, Discord, Netflix) as a sort of "speed dial".

Kind of like the Windows Start Menu, except it's within VR, and when I launch any of these apps…

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to disable/limit CPU hungry Dash features for users with low spec machines

A number of users with under performing computers are having issues with Dash 2.0 taking away performance from VR games.

If the CPU/GPU hungry features had an option to disable or limit Dash 2.0 impact it might help.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a "Clean House" option to reset interactive items to a default position

The 1.21 "Lock" functionality is a good start, but needs to be extended.

Interactive items - guns, swords, books, etc.- should have an initial default position, but still be movable even in "Lock" mode. This lets you (and Home guests) shoot hoops, knock down domino trails made of books, etc., without accidentally moving furniture.

Then, offer a "Clean House" button which resets the interactive objects back to the previously-set default positions with a single click. This allows you to create a weapon rack, or put all the ping-pong and golf balls in a neat spot, have your cartridges ordered how…

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full Body Tracking for the Rift S and Quest

Develop a full body tracking solution for the Rift S and Quest.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It seems like you've forgotten about the Rift S, can we have more interesting features and ideas?

At OC6 nothing new was announced for the Oculus Rift S but many things were announced for the quest. Can we get some more cool features?

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat

I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat. A sit mode.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Virtual Assistant

I feel like it might be really cool to have a custom virtual assistant. Maybe even one we could program ourselves to automate different things we might do.

Me: arrives at home
    AI: "Welcome home, sir."
    Me: "Thank you. Please play my new playlist."
    AI: "Of course." starts playing music

Me: "What's the weather like?"
    AI: Holograms on wall show
    AI: "It is currently 40 degrees outside, don't forget a coat."

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't hide prices for applications that you already own

It would be nice, if when you view the store page for an item, if it would still show you the price/discount for things that you already own. This makes it easier to recommend good games to friends (hey, my favorite game is only $10!), and it will help out when game gifting is inevitably added. I understand why it is currently replaced with the 'Start' option, but then it should just put the price somewhere else on the store page.

Also, woo, the first feedback!

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A Polite and Honest request to REMOVE Bloat from the Install process

I have watched Home become larger and larger over time to the point that it is now ~7.5GB DOWNLOAD.
    This is completely unacceptable.

It's pretty clear that the vast majority of this is Home and the Touch Tutorial, both now officially considered Unnecessary (You have an option to disable Home in the Oculus App)

Please have a look at the Attached Image and see just how much of the overall package is what I would consider "Bloatware".

As you can see, the Touch Tutorial takes a massive 1.59GB,
    while Home (the Oculus Worlds folder) takes a wopping * 10GB!…

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Christmas Tree

Any chance we could get a Christmas tree and some Christmas decorations before Christmas? I know this is not something EVERYBODY would want, but it would be a nice seasonal addition for our homes.

I am loving the new update so much! Thanks for all the hard work!

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a setting so that the microphone automatically mutes itself when the headset is taken off.

I like playing social games, but I live in a household where I might, at any time, have to immediately take my HMD off and talk to family members, without the time to go into the menu and disable my microphone.

So, is there a setting somewhere that my open mic is disabled when I take off the headset? I can't think of any reason why I would want it left on open mic after I take my HMD off in the headset, so a setting like that would be excellent.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A whiteboard you can draw on

And even better if you can pin notes and images (from hard drive, google drive etc, Quill, Tilt Brush etc etc)

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show Windows Notifications as notifications in Dash

Would love to see the ability to get Windows app notifications in the same way we get friend invite notifications within Dash. Would be even cooler if we could select one and have it open the notifying app while we’re in VR

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Virtual Store/Mall to walk around

Could have a virtual store or mall to walk around so we can pick up games, throw them into our cart and checkout like that. Also if it were a mall each shop could be split into categories, so there would be an action game shop, or a puzzle game shop, space game shop etc.

Also allows companies to have virtual advertisements or their own shops just for their game

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Turn off controllers

There NEEDS to be a sleep mode or an option to turn off the controllers. I have just gotten my Oculus Rift S (3 days ago) and the controllers had gone through the included batteries in under 24 hours. I have swapped them out and been taking them out when I'm not using the Rift.

It seems like a major design flaw to have the controllers constantly running and to turn them off, having to take out the batteries. Not trying to repeat myself but there needs to be a way to turn them off or else you'll be constantly…

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base