Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Don't require Facebook for social features

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decidion. I will not allow my children to be exposed thru Facebook so you can make a few pennies in marketing kickbacks. We will never participate in an Oculus social media again and I will actively campaign online against you from this point on.

1,920 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

99 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

731 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

3. Allow games from Unknown Sources (Steam) as Cartridges and Boxes

Adding to that, allow us to add game images (StoreAssets) to said Steam games from the desktop app.

507 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rainy weather

Home - current weather is pleasant. It would be good to see/choose varying weather conditions:
    -rain dripping down the windows
    -snowing..
    -stormy
    -seasonal effects
    -sun/moon cycle..depending on your local time

455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pets with AI

Would be great to have pets to play with, like dogs, cats, monkeys, parrots, etc.

427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add own background music

love the new look !! please let us add our own background music from out library/pc would feel so much better with my choice of music

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let me play Steam VR Games without the performance hungry device known as Oculus app running in the background.

Don't know about you... but whenever I play any steam vr game (which I do much more often than oculus), it takes up about 26% of my cpu, and a decent chunk of my memory. All I really want is a way to play GORN without my cpu ******** itself, due to the oculus app. Make it less performance hungry, or just an option to make it gone in general.

292 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link with Spotify

Not sure if would be possible, but it'd be cool if we could link our account with Spotify and have a virtual stereo in the room which plays our music, or when people visit our room it shows our current listening.

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate rooms for separate profiles

It would be nice if sharing the Rift with the family meant they had their own Avatar in Home, and if not their own house, then maybe their own rooms. By that I mean that if you go into that room, you can launch Rift games from there and you'll have your own settings and save games. Would make sharing the Rift with guests a lot better too... Just go to the guest room.

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a "Clean House" option to reset interactive items to a default position

The 1.21 "Lock" functionality is a good start, but needs to be extended.

Interactive items - guns, swords, books, etc.- should have an initial default position, but still be movable even in "Lock" mode. This lets you (and Home guests) shoot hoops, knock down domino trails made of books, etc., without accidentally moving furniture.

Then, offer a "Clean House" button which resets the interactive objects back to the previously-set default positions with a single click. This allows you to create a weapon rack, or put all the ping-pong and golf balls in a neat spot, have your cartridges ordered how…

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat

I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat. A sit mode.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Virtual Assistant

I feel like it might be really cool to have a custom virtual assistant. Maybe even one we could program ourselves to automate different things we might do.

Me: arrives at home
    AI: "Welcome home, sir."
    Me: "Thank you. Please play my new playlist."
    AI: "Of course." starts playing music

Me: "What's the weather like?"
    AI: Holograms on wall show
    AI: "It is currently 40 degrees outside, don't forget a coat."

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Christmas Tree

Any chance we could get a Christmas tree and some Christmas decorations before Christmas? I know this is not something EVERYBODY would want, but it would be a nice seasonal addition for our homes.

I am loving the new update so much! Thanks for all the hard work!

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A whiteboard you can draw on

And even better if you can pin notes and images (from hard drive, google drive etc, Quill, Tilt Brush etc etc)

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lock Objects Individually

Being able to lock objects individually so they cannot be dragged around or picked up or anything unless you unlock it again.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Marketplace where users can upload and sell furniture and items

I think it would be great to have a store for Oculus Home furniture and items, that users can upload and sell 3D models (or Medium Sculpts) to (Oculus getting 30% cut though, obviously).

This marketplace SHOULD be curated, to only allow items that meet the quality level of the current Oculus-made items to be sold.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display Oculus Home in a desktop window as well

When recording VR it is always a problem to get the best view of everything. Oculus has Oculus Mirror.. which only shows part of what you see in your HMD so that it fits a 16:9 screen. At first I thought some way had been found to show all of the VR view by mixing the two eyes somehow, but then I noticed reviewing the video how much of the view was missing.

So the best option has always been if the game has a separate window for the desktop, so that you can record this window, rendering what you…

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Additional environments!

I know some people have requested specific environments, but I'd be happy with whatever you created. I love the ones you have now, and new ones are what I'd look forward to the most. Underwater, old west, microscopic, Las Vegas, inside a PC, baseball game, movie lot, the possibilities are endless!

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DAY/NIGHT mode and dynamic light objects (LAMPS, SPOTLIGHTS ETC)

Would love to be able to turn the lights down in my room to make it cozy and relaxing. Have light-emitting objects sections such as lights, desk lamps, laser etc Option to make DAY/NIGHT or sync to the local clock. I think it would add to the immersion! Fantastic work so far dev team! Really enjoying making my room!

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base