Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Always show nickname instead of real name

It's difficult to remain anonymous while streaming VR using Oculus software because your real name is shown in multiple places with no way to hide it. A simple toggle should replace your real name everywhere with the nickname you've set.

470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate smartphones into dash.

I hate having to remove my HMD to check for calls or texts. A virtual big phone with a mirror screen of my phones actual screen would be awesome.

385 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add two-hand gestures to resize windows

Grabbing a screen with the second hand should allow you to resize the window horizontally or vertically.

367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pin window to Touch controller

currently, desktop windows seem to be pinned to the real playspace area.
    when playing shooters, this gets in the way :/

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add 'Quick Launch' tab for Desktop Apps

Right now, if I wanted to open say, Spotify, as a "pulled out" app, I have to, go to the Oculus Desktop tab, navigate my desktop, go to my windows start menu, open Spotify, then 'grab it out', then close Oculus Desktop.

Lots of manual effort, very clunky.

What I'd like is a tab to the left of Oculus Desktop called 'Quick Launch', where I can add my favorite apps (eg. Chrome, Spotify, Discord, Netflix) as a sort of "speed dial".

Kind of like the Windows Start Menu, except it's within VR, and when I launch any of these apps…

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to disable/limit CPU hungry Dash features for users with low spec machines

A number of users with under performing computers are having issues with Dash 2.0 taking away performance from VR games.

If the CPU/GPU hungry features had an option to disable or limit Dash 2.0 impact it might help.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Windows Notifications as notifications in Dash

Would love to see the ability to get Windows app notifications in the same way we get friend invite notifications within Dash. Would be even cooler if we could select one and have it open the notifying app while we’re in VR

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent window movement

When Windows are pinned and Dash is opened up, the Dash AND pinned windows are "centered" around your current view.
    This messes up aligned windows in games.

For example I have a window pinned in Elite Dangerous - right below my right side panel.
    I hit Dash while not looking dead straight and it recenters Dash AND the windows to match my orientation. This will cause the windows to be moved to an unwanted location.

Please add a toggle-option to prevent recentering of DASH when opened up.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wristwatch Button Customization + Keyboard key macro on the wrist

--Wristwatch Customization

The wristwatch is still an experimental thing, it is good, but to be really useful it should have a way to customize the functions, size and position of the buttons.
    Each person has a priority for each type of function they want easy access.

Here is a reddit post I made exemplifying the MIC ON/OFF as the main button because we don't have a simple way to push to talk and/or turn the mic on and off.
    **Notifications are extremly easy to access, making the function useless in the wristwatch

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9m9vsi/heyoculusthewristwatchishandybut_the/

---Keyboard…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Positioned and pinned screens should have three options: User, Room, Wrist.

This just helps in where the screens are expected to be when we bring up Oculus Dash or when pinned.

User: Same as it is now. If user turns, the screens will be in same relative position.

Room: Relative to the Oculus Sensors. If user turns, screens appear in the same "real world" positions. Useful if I want to pin a movie to a position relative to my chair, but allow me to move around.

Wrist: Relative to the Oculus Controller(s). If user move his controller, the screen is moving with it.

(fourth option) Relative to virtual room (Home only):…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow us to pick the colourful avatar skins from the old Home.

The new avatar system obviously still supports the old avatar materials, we should be able to pick them.

I miss my old avatar :(

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow users to manually set height.

If I want to sit when I'm interacting with Home, or with any of the demo programs, my POV is far too low. I'd like to be able to tell Oculus that I'm sitting and that I want my POV to be set for someone my height. Some games allow this, but I'd like it baked-in.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Night mode / dark environment in Oculus menu.

Opening the Oculus menu in the night will burn my eyes. A night mode, which turns the surrounding dark instead of white, would be really helpful to reduce eyestrain.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Button for right mouse click, instead of long press.

Right now using the windows touch interface means you have to long press for right click when we have lots of perfectly good buttons on the controller. Give us a dedicated right click button.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show the desktop when there is no monitor connected.

I know this is mostly a windows issue, but Virtual Desktop can still show a desktop with no monitor connected.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Touch shortcut for keyboard show/hide

Finding the show keyboard button is a pain. A method for showing/hiding the keyboard - say pressing B or Y - would be useful for quickly pulling it up.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dash should have pinned window arrangements.

If I already have discord open on desktop then when I load into vr home it should already be pinned where it last was pinned. Going further you should be able to switch between arrangements. Where windows are pinned in one vr experience might not be good for another. So I should be able to pull up dash and hit a button on the carousel just like the monitor button, which would then show my bookmarked arrangements. Selecting this button should automatically pull up all the windows of that bookmark. If it's not possible to auto launch and programs for…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dash swipe keyboard would be better

I enjoyed the "hunt and peck" style keyboard for a minute but I can't help but wonder how much more effective a swipe keyboard would be while we wait for keyboard vr tech to make is way too oculus. Bonus points for talk to text universal button - meaning it should work ANYWHERE!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base