Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Optical handtracking for Rift S

Please make sure that - alongside Quest - Rift S will also get optical hand tracking. Parity between the headsets should be a high priority. Currently there's no clear commitment either way and Rift S users shouldn't be left out if there's not a serious, technical reason.

990 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please continue selling Rift CV1 spares for a reasonable time after sale of last CV1 (March 2019)

Rift CV1 owners are concerned at the recent decision to stop selling the Rift CV1 accessories only 6 months after the sale of the last headset. Of particular concern is the lack headset cable which is probably the most fragile component. The expectation that we should buy a whole new headset if this $50 part fails is a major concern.

Many circumstances can occur outside of warranty conditions like

* pets can chew this cable
    * accidental twisting over time fatigues the cable
    * accidental falls can pull the cable from the PC

All these circumstances are not Oculus' fault…

870 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

689 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

4. Allow naming of sensor devices.

I would like to name my sensors so that when an issue is reported I don't have to play the randomly unplug sensors game to find out which one is having an issue.

459 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow games from Unknown Sources (Steam) as Cartridges and Boxes

Adding to that, allow us to add game images (StoreAssets) to said Steam games from the desktop app.

447 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Always show nickname instead of real name

It's difficult to remain anonymous while streaming VR using Oculus software because your real name is shown in multiple places with no way to hide it. A simple toggle should replace your real name everywhere with the nickname you've set.

426 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rainy weather

Home - current weather is pleasant. It would be good to see/choose varying weather conditions:
    -rain dripping down the windows
    -snowing..
    -stormy
    -seasonal effects
    -sun/moon cycle..depending on your local time

399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pets with AI

Would be great to have pets to play with, like dogs, cats, monkeys, parrots, etc.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add two-hand gestures to resize windows

Grabbing a screen with the second hand should allow you to resize the window horizontally or vertically.

335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate smartphones into dash.

I hate having to remove my HMD to check for calls or texts. A virtual big phone with a mirror screen of my phones actual screen would be awesome.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow objects to be resized

You can rotate objects but you can't make them bigger or smaller!

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add own background music

love the new look !! please let us add our own background music from out library/pc would feel so much better with my choice of music

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. To start selling replacement cord for Oculus Rift S

The Oculus Rift S cable can get kinked or knotted badly. I believe it would be helpful if Oculus starts selling replacement cables.

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to show the center of the play-area in-game.

Some games offer this option, but it would be very useful to be able to permanently display the center of the play-area using the Guardian settings.

Allow us to set the size, color and transparency for bonus points.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Separate rooms for separate profiles

It would be nice if sharing the Rift with the family meant they had their own Avatar in Home, and if not their own house, then maybe their own rooms. By that I mean that if you go into that room, you can launch Rift games from there and you'll have your own settings and save games. Would make sharing the Rift with guests a lot better too... Just go to the guest room.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow more customization of Guardian

Allowing more customization of the guardian wall would have a positive impact on user experience. Many of us already know the bounds of our playspace, and don't need the thick, bright guardian wall popping up all the time, but also want more notice than the floor square. This is especially true now that the sensitivity of when the wall appears has increased with the Core 2.0 beta. Some welcome customization options would be the following:

1) Guardian wall sensitivity slider
    2) Guardian wall opacity slider
    3) Guardian wall line thickness slider
    4) Guardian wall color options
    5) Guardian wall texture…

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

We recently added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity, which you can find in the settings menu while in VR.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

17. Link with Spotify

Not sure if would be possible, but it'd be cool if we could link our account with Spotify and have a virtual stereo in the room which plays our music, or when people visit our room it shows our current listening.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Rift S to use external cameras from the original Rift

Everyone who has upgraded to the Rift S from the CV1 has encountered a downgrade in tracking in various games. A great example would be shooter games where you have to aim down sights, which causes you to lose tracking since the controller is too close to the headset. Supporting the external cameras would allow more people to upgrade from the original rift without sacrificing their tracking. Also people with the Rift S would have the option to purchase more cameras to “enhance the experience”. The only issues that can possibly be encountered would be USB bandwidth errors from having…

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add 'Quick Launch' tab for Desktop Apps

Right now, if I wanted to open say, Spotify, as a "pulled out" app, I have to, go to the Oculus Desktop tab, navigate my desktop, go to my windows start menu, open Spotify, then 'grab it out', then close Oculus Desktop.

Lots of manual effort, very clunky.

What I'd like is a tab to the left of Oculus Desktop called 'Quick Launch', where I can add my favorite apps (eg. Chrome, Spotify, Discord, Netflix) as a sort of "speed dial".

Kind of like the Windows Start Menu, except it's within VR, and when I launch any of these apps…

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give us a standing/sitting mode for the Rift S

I like to sit down at my desk and watch bigscreen which is seperate from my Place Space, but when I do that on some games it positions me as super far from center in Bigscreen occasionally and also it always trips my boundary visuals, so I have had to turn them off, which is a bit dangerous. Please allow us to change to 3DOF mode from the dash quick settings menu :)

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base