Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Centre virtual keyboard in Home/Dash under the Window that activates it

When the virtual keyboard is activated, make the keyboard appear under the active window, not under the dash console.

As an example, I was turned away from the dash console, facing my desktop window(s). I clicked on the keyboard icon at the bottom of the desktop window to activate the keyboard, and I couldn't see the keyboard.

It was only when I turned around that I saw the keyboard was under the dash console.

There's also no way to grab and move the keyboard to place it under the window either.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to create multiple homes and switch between them.

Not sure if this is a plan for when it is actually fully released, but it would be better than having to rearrange everything if you want a change in scenery.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make dash a little less sensitive or slightly furthur away

Not a huge issue but is annoying when it happens. I open dash and as soon as it appears my hands have accidentally clicked on something due to it appearing close to where i keep my hands when i sit.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Offline home

Keep getting thrown out of home because i don't have a stable internet connection. Please make it local or fix a possible "wait for connection" kind of thing that doesn't boot you off within 10 seconds.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow toggle key for Guardian (Sim Racing)

When sim racing, the guardian grid is right in front of my face. I have to go into dash and disable it, but need to re-enable it if I'm playing a standing VR game. This requireIs me to go into settings. It's an annoyance.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let us add our own custom models/music/environments, fbx files

let us add our own model/music/environments, fbx files

I can't change the music, I want to make it the space that I created. It needs to have model options like VRchat, mirrors, etc. I know you guys at oculus have dones "tons of research" on avatars, but I honestly feel like VRchat is way ahead in many regards. Bring what they are doing into Oculus Home.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show the desktop when there is no monitor connected.

I know this is mostly a windows issue, but Virtual Desktop can still show a desktop with no monitor connected.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat

I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat. A sit mode.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adjust the alignment of the laser gun

Right now the toy laser gun is angled slightly inwards instead of perfectly in line with your touch controller. I love blasting the little pixilated targets when i'm board but the gun is a little awkward compared to what i'm used to in games.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desktop window hides Dash window - make the "center stage" dash window jut upward

The desktop window hides whatever dash window/app has been set in the "center stage" area that's marked with a diamond. It could be useful to have that dash app jut upward, like a card emerging from a pack of cards, in order to be able to interact with it without having to constantly close and open the desktop window.

This seems especially useful because whatever has taken that "center stage" is probably more important than the stuff dashed to the sides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Differentiating contrast between Desktop mode and Dash mode

It can be difficult to differentiate the difference between windows/apps pulled out of the Desktop mode window, and onto the Dash, and difficult to tell when the desktop mode is open. The Desktop mode window also sits on top of the dash.

It would make things clearer if the Desktop mode window had a color configurable border around it. Wouldn't have to be too thick or pronounced.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rotation snapping for objects

Ability to rotate objects in 90 degree increments to keep everything aligned parallel or perpendicular relative to the walls and ground.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add 'Quick Launch' tab for Desktop Apps

Right now, if I wanted to open say, Spotify, as a "pulled out" app, I have to, go to the Oculus Desktop tab, navigate my desktop, go to my windows start menu, open Spotify, then 'grab it out', then close Oculus Desktop.

Lots of manual effort, very clunky.

What I'd like is a tab to the left of Oculus Desktop called 'Quick Launch', where I can add my favorite apps (eg. Chrome, Spotify, Discord, Netflix) as a sort of "speed dial".

Kind of like the Windows Start Menu, except it's within VR, and when I launch any of these apps…

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please render environment background of games we're browsing in VR

On the GearVR when you browse certain games it renders the environment of that game you're looking at in VR and gives you a better sense of how it would look in VR.

I would love it if this was implemented on the Oculus Rift as well. As we all know too well by now seeing a game in 2D doesn't do it justice. Extra bonus if trailers were all in VR as well.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add own background music

love the new look !! please let us add our own background music from out library/pc would feel so much better with my choice of music

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When holding an object allow deletion by throwing the object

When picking up and editing objects, allow deletion of objects by throwing throw them. The way the objects stop in space after letting go is jarring.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Virtual Midi

Integrate virtual midi into the desktop app & then we could use vr instruments with our music apps within home.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Bug] Combo boxes don't show up for dragged apps (like Oculus Debug Tool visible hud options)

The combo box is shown in the desktop view but not if I pulled the oculus debug tool out as a separate app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base