Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Show the desktop when there is no monitor connected.

I know this is mostly a windows issue, but Virtual Desktop can still show a desktop with no monitor connected.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat

I would like a way to sit in chairs just in VRchat. A sit mode.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adjust the alignment of the laser gun

Right now the toy laser gun is angled slightly inwards instead of perfectly in line with your touch controller. I love blasting the little pixilated targets when i'm board but the gun is a little awkward compared to what i'm used to in games.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Desktop window hides Dash window - make the "center stage" dash window jut upward

The desktop window hides whatever dash window/app has been set in the "center stage" area that's marked with a diamond. It could be useful to have that dash app jut upward, like a card emerging from a pack of cards, in order to be able to interact with it without having to constantly close and open the desktop window.

This seems especially useful because whatever has taken that "center stage" is probably more important than the stuff dashed to the sides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Differentiating contrast between Desktop mode and Dash mode

It can be difficult to differentiate the difference between windows/apps pulled out of the Desktop mode window, and onto the Dash, and difficult to tell when the desktop mode is open. The Desktop mode window also sits on top of the dash.

It would make things clearer if the Desktop mode window had a color configurable border around it. Wouldn't have to be too thick or pronounced.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rotation snapping for objects

Ability to rotate objects in 90 degree increments to keep everything aligned parallel or perpendicular relative to the walls and ground.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add 'Quick Launch' tab for Desktop Apps

Right now, if I wanted to open say, Spotify, as a "pulled out" app, I have to, go to the Oculus Desktop tab, navigate my desktop, go to my windows start menu, open Spotify, then 'grab it out', then close Oculus Desktop.

Lots of manual effort, very clunky.

What I'd like is a tab to the left of Oculus Desktop called 'Quick Launch', where I can add my favorite apps (eg. Chrome, Spotify, Discord, Netflix) as a sort of "speed dial".

Kind of like the Windows Start Menu, except it's within VR, and when I launch any of these apps…

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please render environment background of games we're browsing in VR

On the GearVR when you browse certain games it renders the environment of that game you're looking at in VR and gives you a better sense of how it would look in VR.

I would love it if this was implemented on the Oculus Rift as well. As we all know too well by now seeing a game in 2D doesn't do it justice. Extra bonus if trailers were all in VR as well.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add own background music

love the new look !! please let us add our own background music from out library/pc would feel so much better with my choice of music

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When holding an object allow deletion by throwing the object

When picking up and editing objects, allow deletion of objects by throwing throw them. The way the objects stop in space after letting go is jarring.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Virtual Midi

Integrate virtual midi into the desktop app & then we could use vr instruments with our music apps within home.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Bug] Combo boxes don't show up for dragged apps (like Oculus Debug Tool visible hud options)

The combo box is shown in the desktop view but not if I pulled the oculus debug tool out as a separate app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. option to hide apps you don't like

I for one am not a big fan of zombie type games, and have never really wanted Killing Floor or Arizona Sunshine, but they're constantly on the front page of the Store, where I have to see it every time I log on, even though I'm not interested. An option to select an app you want to hide in the store and click "not interested" to clear it from your queue would be nice.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pointer accuracy issues

Where I'm pointing and where it's actually clicking are different. Maybe it's just me but it's a frustrating issue

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the green cross calibration easier to reach

Whenever i put my rift back on, i always hit the menu button and quickly check to make sure its on perfectly for clarity. Now that button is hidden behind a couple of menus. It'd be great to see a button on the dash where the touch battery and headphone volume is. Somewhere easy to reach.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add quick Text / Macros

It would be awesome to have some "quick access" buttons that you can define on your Dash.
    For example - Add a second slide-out row below the DASH menu.

Click on a window that is popped out and click on an action that you defined.

Example:
    Telegram / Skype / Whatsapp etc.
    - Add quick action to send message in current window:
    - "I'm in VR right now - calling you back in a few."
    - "Hey, I'm in Teamspeak / Discord if you want to talk - Enjoying VR right now!"

To keep it simple:
    One row of items…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prevent window movement

When Windows are pinned and Dash is opened up, the Dash AND pinned windows are "centered" around your current view.
    This messes up aligned windows in games.

For example I have a window pinned in Elite Dangerous - right below my right side panel.
    I hit Dash while not looking dead straight and it recenters Dash AND the windows to match my orientation. This will cause the windows to be moved to an unwanted location.

Please add a toggle-option to prevent recentering of DASH when opened up.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integration of being able to see the boundaries of each sensor in VR space (basically DeskScene application)

It would be great during set up of the sensors if you could view the boundaries your sensors can see, all integrated within the Oculus Home app if possible.
    For those of you familiar with the DeskScene application, it would be a very handy tool if something like this were to be integrated.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow horizontal shifting for taskbar and keyboard, expand taskbar horizontally with additional tabs

Taskbar and keyboard should not be pinned horizontally and should be allowed to be rotated around you as a center axis at the minimum to push it out of the way. Additional icons on taskbar are currently hidden in a non-obvious way; there is plenty of horizontal room for more icons and there's no reason the task bar's length should be fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Speed up home transitions between store, home, and friend home

Right now it's ~7-10 seconds and there's simply no need for it to be that long.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base