Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. push to talk

my rift s recently has this thing where when i double tap the a button my mic mutes and unmutes. cool thing right but there is no duration between the double press. i would like it of you have to tap it fast for it to work, as trying to playspace around and talk at the same time gets annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharing information about the production

Hello from Finland.

I am shareholder and an impatient person waiting for my setup to be delivered. It would be nice to know about the production rate, backlog and deliveries globally. I've been trying to contact local sellers but no one seem to be more knowledged about the situation. This is basic customer and investor relations. If the information is given somewhere it has drowned to all the other information online. I wish you the very best and hopefully the situation will be more clear to everybody in the future.

best regards
    Joni

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unity Integration Tools need an updated Audio Spatializer example

The example that comes included is very old and doesn't even use any of the (much nicer) new Propagation Geometry features that have been added long ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Optional High- End Oculus Rift

I sold my rift S...

And want:

• manuell IDP!!!!

• 120 Hz refresh rate

• wireless at least optional, wlan modul or something like that

• fov at least 120 degrees like index or more

I would pay a lot of money and not only me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reserve option for the website

Add a reserve option on the website for people who haven't bought a headset yet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allowing Rift/Rift S to play with Quest users, either directly or with emululation

With the advent of the Quest Link, which allows to (at some extent) play Rift games on the Quest, it's high time we got a Rift version of cross-compatibility.

The Rift is a powerful VR headset, capable of playing many things the Quest can't alone, but the one thing that is bugged is the lack of cross-playability, especially Rift to Quest. A number of Quest users love to play multiplayer games, but, even when there is a Rift version, Rift users most likely can't play with Quest users.

The Rift users paid a high premium to have a VR headset,…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rift headset counter weight

Could you produce some sort of counter weight with a strap or Velcro to attach to the rear of the Rift. I am only able to play for one or two days before the neck strain (caused by all the weight at the front), making me abstain from play for three to five days before I can play again for another day or two. This is something I would happily pay for

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have it also include Minecraft and have it not need windows 10

Have it include youtube and not need windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the RX 5600 XT to the supported hardware list.

Add the RX 5600 XT to the hardware whitelist. The card does not appear on the current whitelist and is more than capable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can’t add friend in oculus medium in China

My software oculus medium version number is 2.3.3. I want to know why it is not possible to add friends to the software. Some customers from China have not reported this problem before. I hope to get a meaningful answer to help me work as a team in your software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update der Firmware

Ein Firmware und App update Oculus rift S ist unbrauchbar da Displayport nicht erkannt wird

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about fun stock accessorues?!?

It's about time you guys started making a hand gun and rifle accessory! I just purchased one from Protube online and it's somewhat of a joke. SONY has the custom rifle setup which was awesome! It's about time oculus started pushing the envelope and allowing us to dive deeper with better accessories and games! Half life alyx is the new standard!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include support for Arab countries like Qatar

I've tried to buy the Rift S from the official website but it says the country I'm in is not supported which is really frustrating but I bought the Headset from Amazon and when I had an issue I tried to return the damaged one to Oculus and what they said to me is that my country isn't supported so they could not send a replacement to me

Why is none of the Arab countries supported? (Qatar,UAE,Saudi,Bahrain)?
    Why is it only the west and Europe? please do something about this issue it is very annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stocking dates

Be more transparent about stocking dates with your customers and third- parties retailers. It is disgraceful to keep customers in total darkness. Even some generic info would be helpful, but at the moment you are giving none.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide Easy Access to the USB Blacklist for the Oculus Rift S Ahead of Time

When looking up details on the Oculus Rift S online, the only thing you're told about its USB requirements is that it needs a USB 3.0 port. Had I known my motherboard's specific ASMedia USB controller was blacklisted and incompatible I would've been able to work around that ahead of time or consider a different Oculus product like the Go. A link to blacklisted USB 3.0 controller chipsets and recommended alternatives should be made easily available straight from the list of system requirements for the Rift S on the Oculus website so that new users spending hundreds on their first…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make a tool to adjust thumstick deadzone

It is unplayable when analog thumstick inputs unintentional direction. It makes to move to unintentional direction even when the thumstick is not touched. It can be solved by thumstick deadzone adjustment tool (either in option menu or separate program). Steam home has this option but oculus doesn't. I've searched online and found many oculus users faced the same problem but no option or program to solve it yet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A button!

A button to turn the Oculus Rift S off and on so you don't need to unplug and plug in the cable every time! I find it very annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Basic text search in VR Oculus store

Basic text search in Oculus store while in the VR store app.

Albiet ignore this post if the store has been updated to do this.
    (I am using an older version of the software (1.40.0.293696))

But with the headset on looking at browse all in the VR store app there is no option to text search, Only Categories.

If this still has not been added yet that is adding unnecessary friction to the user/install base looking for a specific game/app.

Instead of opening virtual desktop then searching the desktop app for a game then browsing or downloading on the virtual…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)