Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Old void looks much better

The old void with 'infinite' grid looked much better.

It was cosy, futuristic and felt comfortable and safe compared to the new gray void.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. This is an overdue update, but the grid style void has been implemented. The previous blank gray void should not be visible at this time. Thanks!

2. Provide a Guardian sensitivity setting

In its current implementation, the Guardian walls are way too overzealous and pop up every time I move, breaking up my view and destroying immersion. The previous Oculus software was much more lenient with when it would display the boundaries. Users should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the Guardian walls instead of being forced to toggle them on or off.

594 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing and voting for this idea, everyone. As part of a previous software release, we added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity within Rift and Rift S. This includes individual options for both sensitivity to headset and sensitivity to controllers. While in VR, you can access these options by selecting Settings within Dash and choosing Guardian from the settings menu. This idea will now be marked as completed. If you have any new feedback related to these options, please provide them as a separate submission. Thank you!

3. Check for later versions of display drivers

I'm getting the "New Drivers required" error, but it shows I need a driver number lower than my currently installed.

Specifically, for a GTX 970 you say I need to upgrade to v388.31. My currently installed driver is version 388.43, dated Nov. 30, 2017 later than the required version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. This behavior should not be happening. If the suggestion in the comment below did not resolve this behavior, please contact customer support: support.oculus.com/885981024820727. Thanks!

4. Recenter tracking in app button is ... hard to find

WIth a lot seated expriences, I'm sure I'm not the only one who often used the recenter option from Universal Menu to properly position myself in VR. Right now having to go to settings, sensors and figure out that 'Repeat Sensor Setup' what I want (I was seriously worried about having to go thru whole setup again) is a bit complicated. Button in the panel where it shows date, battery and volume would be ideal.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this submission. In the November 2018 Rift software update, we added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view. We hope this helps, and see you in VR!

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base