Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Windows 10 Change Drive Letter with Occulus Install on it

When installing new dives Windows re-labels existing ones. This means Oculus doesnt run (noticed by missing shortcut icon on taskbar - I put the shortcut there). Goto run from client.exe (not from shortcut), and error message appears, asks user to re-install, fails. Go to uninstall manually - fails - oculus is no longer on the drive it was originally installed on. Need to fix this by looking at the drive letter Windows uninstaller can't find the install on, then moving the drive letter with Oculus on it back to this letter. Then reinstall. What a nightmare, have you any idea…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add option to turn off haptics

Please add option to disable the haptics.. there are oculus only games that cannot be played because the option to turn off haptics is not there. On all steam games once the haptics are turned off the games run smooth with no issues.. so we need this option in order to further purchase oculus games.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a fogot password

MAKE A FORGOT PASSWORD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please give the Rift S some love!

Hi Oculus,
    I have been fighting issues with my Rift S for a while now and am waiting for my RMA to return in the mail. I have had problems that include robot mic, speakers popping, random loss of tracking, and, most annoyingly, constant headset crashing remedied only be restarting my PC.

Just so that you know: All of these issues spawned from and Oculus Software update that mainly had changes only for Oculus Quest Link. Please pass this on to your developers and let them know that they need to get these issues resolved, even if it is just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can youplease make an update that detects the oculus rift s usb3.0 connections in shadow?

Matthijs Nihot

31 May 2020, 20:53:04 WEST

Can youplease make an update that detects the oculus rift s connections
    in shadow?
    This way i can use my shadow to boost my vr experience.
    It would be very helpfull to a lot of folks who bought the oculus s,
    like i did.
    I hope in the future i will be able to use shadow for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. the microphone and gross since the last update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello I contact you because there is a big problem with the oculus rift s helmet, your last update has destroyed the experience of the rift s the microphone and all just since your last bug update of its horrible griment we didn ' would almost become mute thank you for finding the fault as soon as possible the microphone and thaws I have never seen that, it is a software problem the oculus software and made for the quest but it and incompatible with the rift s does what thing it's just horrible you are destroying the experience of

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. le micro et dégeulass depuis la dernière mise a jour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonjour je vous contact car il Ya de gros problème avec le casque oculus rift s , votre dernière mis e ajour a détruit l’expérience du rift s le micro et tous simplement à chiez depuis votre dernière mise jour bug de son griment horrible on n’en viendrait presque à devenir muet merci de trouver la panne au plus vite le micro et dégelasse j’ai jamais vue ca , c’est un problème logiciel le logiciel oculus et fait pour la quest mais il et incompatible avec le rift s faite quelle chose c’est juste horrible vous êtes en train de…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix the Problems that matter.

I am speaking for a majority of the users, who are experiencing issues on a daily basis, and we need updates that aren't disappointing, we feel like The rift s is an abandoned child of the Oculus Line up, FIX THE PROBLEMS THAT MATTER!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PROVIDE A SERVICE WORTHY OF THIS NAME

My Rift S, since brand new, locks at every PC restart. I opened a ticket (#1212325) with your customer service on March the 28th and till today, May 30th they have not provided a solution yet!
    Every time I contact them, I get the same answer "The issue is well known as it involves many customers and is currently under investigation".
    This is a shame, especially for a company aiming to be a market leader.
    Mario de Lucia, Italy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. phone no

how about an actual phone no that customers can call and tell you how ****** your headsets are?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dlss 2 & 3

DLSS 2 & 3 support for SSAA with no foveated.
    Ready for 4K HMDs

Ampere gpu's prize will drop the Turing's prize.

It will be a chance for buy a 2.060 super and that gpu will be the new standard instead of 1.060.

With Link could increse bitrate x pixel using lower resolution if Quest could do DLSS 2 clone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Additional screaming of the Oculus Rift CV1 Cable

I know I'm beating a dead horse as it's been said already but I want to say it again. I purchased an Oculus Rift in November 2018 only to find out it was discontinued immediately. Started having cable issues in 2019 but thought it was just some usage issues so we took it out, straightened it up and put it back and it worked only to eventually get worse and die. Then I find out I can't get a replacement on a product just over a year old. What kind of business model is this. I work in manufacturing and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Passthrough keyboard binding asked in many forums

I use the Rift S for flight simulators such as IL2 and DCS and do not use the hand controllers since I have switch panels to fly with.
    It would be fantastic to be able to use a keyboard binding for the passthrough button, then i could bind my joystick to that key command to see my control panels.
    This question keeps popping up in forums and would be used by every flight simmer using VR.

Hopefully one day this will be available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mac version for oculus app

PLEASE add a mac version for the oculus app I cant afford a nice gaming computer but new macs have all the specs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. X-plane not working since last Oculus update.

X-Plane is no longer working on VR since the last Oculus update (17.0). Please, fix it. Or let us roll back the update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please change the logic that determines what houses show up under “Popular”

Please change the logic for showing homes under “Popular”. Currently the same 8 or so boring homes have shown up for like a year now. Other people have worked on their homes and deserve their homes to be shown also. The current algorithm is flawed or only shows the first few people to have built homes and so have gotten a bunch of “likes” by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Play Area Not Found

When the headset gets confused and thinks it can't find the guardian boundary, how about a message that says "Play area not found. Please check for changes in your play area or lighting and then click "TRY AGAIN".

As apposed to the current message which is basically "Play area not found. You are now screwed from this point on until you completely redo the entire setup from scratch. Have fun!"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Belt sensor

Make sensors or cameras on a belt so that you can get better tracking on Rift S or something. You wear the sensors instead of having the sensors around your room. Eliminating blind spots of the headset's sensors. Make it wireless

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Next Oculus Rift Idea

Oculus Rift

Make the next oculus rift as a VR that eliminates all the problems and imperfections on other VR. Combine every preferred features by users.

Most people prefer the old Rift CV1 design than the Rift S design. The major design flaw on the Rift S is a dealbreaker for some people. So i think, using the old design will be better. Just change some of the things for camera and etc. The Halo Strap design is an inconvenience and most people prefer the old Strap design like the one on the Rift CV1. Not the one on the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base