Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Fix the Robot mics

Fix the stupid robot mics that oculus has yet to fix

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't install Virtual Audio drivers on Rift systems

The Oculus software now includes a Virtual Audio Driver which is used by the Quest for Oculus Link. This driver serves no purpose for Rift users but it is still installed and in the process stomps all over your existing audio devices and configuration. When the drivers are updated, this virtual device is re-installed and re-enabled even if previously disabled, repeating the offence. This installation behaviour is unwanted and a nuisance. This only became a problem when the Rift & Quest software versions were merged.

Please change the installation logic to prevent this, or provide an advanced installation option which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring us full Linux Support for both Users and Developers...

Windows 10 is not the only Operating System nor is it the best for everyone...

I'm aware this has been requested before but I'm afraid VR might go down the same path that Flat Screen Games went down for a very long time...

Linux has proven to be more optimized then Windows 10 making it a developer friendly system that even every day users have grown to love...

Currently the only HMD's on the market that natively support Linux is the Valve Index and the HTC Line up, the only issue is that most other VR platforms don't support Linux…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix you lock out procedures!

I was recently locked out of my Oculus account because of a period left in the email that was impossible to see on the projector we were using, which resulted in me being locked out due to trying too many passwords. This caused me to be locked out for an hour with no way to resolve, which is not ok! Even more ridiculous is that it's not just my account that was locked, but the entire application so I couldn't even use a new account to set things up if I wanted. This wouldn't have been so bad except I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio

Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design Laptop Compatibility

I got a high-end laptop that in theory should be compatible but is not.
    It would be great if you could open up the minimum requirements to the high-end laptop market for you to sell too, having the oculus rift S run on my laptop will make the whole solution more mobile.
    I have attached a comparison table with your minimum requirements for the Rift S and my laptop.
    Please can you request that this be looked into to help you expand your compatibility with the hardware available in the market.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add more regions to the list of supported countries. to buy the headsets, like brazil and other

adding another regions we can buy the headset by the original price 399 dolars on the oculus website,because on amazon it costs 2000 dolars or more

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a deal for those who own a Rift with a faulty cable, since it is nearly impossible to buy a new one.

The following is an email I sent to oculus support, not knowing that this site even existed.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:03:16 PM PDT

So I'm sure you already know what the issue is. I have sent in an email before about it, but today I propose a different idea.
    Yes. I know I am some random person on the internet and obviously know a lot less about business than probably everyone who works at oculus, but there is one thing I understand that you probably do as well. Public relations and ethics.

Before I continue, I am going to recap…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. vr stadiums

Hi i'm a 13 year old kid in a base ball family and i think that it would be great if there were a few cameras around the stadium and you could pick your faivrout seat in the whole stadium. Im not just saying baseball im saying every sport in the world. This could be for all vr headsets.this was my thought.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give users the option to disable VR turning on from proximity sensor/light sensor

I am aware that this issue has been posted before but I feel the issue has not been addressed.

The Issue:
    Oculus Home and the oculus program will enter into VR at times when users do not wish this to happen.

Reasons:
    while some people setups my not have these issues others do, some people may have their rift set up in areas that they can not control movement or bumping of the HMD such as people with cats or areas with changing lights it for this reason that I believe this issue should be addressed.

The Solution:
    The fix…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give users the option to disable VR turning on from proximity sensor/light sensor

I am aware that this issue has been posted before but I feel the issue has not been addressed.

The Issue:
    Oculus Home and the oculus program will enter into VR at times when users do not wish this to happen.

Reasons:
    while some people setups my not have these issues others do, some people may have their rift set up in areas that they can not control movement or bumping of the HMD such as people with cats or areas with changing lights it for this reason that I believe this issue should be addressed.

The Solution:
    The fix…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. better support and better qa and just in general more support for the device

my experience with support and rma so far has been horrid one of the worst experiences i have had with a company, the support is useless and i believe that is oculus fault with lack of training or whatever may be going on because these people seem like intelligent people but are stuck because of the resources occulus provides for them. From what i have seen there have been numerous accounts of people needing rma which leads to the point that there QA or manufacturing process is flawed and this is unacceptable for a product that you spend your hard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make your software stop launching every time anyone tries to play Ark: Survival Evolved

Make the software stop launching every time a person tries to play Ark: Survival Evolved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gtx 1650

Make it compatible for the laptop gtx 1650 for oculus rift and rift s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poder borrar en la app apple computadoras registradas por formateo

Despues de formatear 2 computadoras en la app de apple quedan registradas las computadoras anteriores y no se pueden borrar ,,, Se deberian poder borrar para tener solo la computadora existente

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Motion compensation

Please implement a motion compensation option in your oculus software for motion simrig users. Pleeeeaaase.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. new better headset

I think that more seasoned VR players with better setups would appreciate a headset that is basically a rift s with the quest style of the head strap, a mechanical ipd, 90hz display, and outside-in tracking for the superior comfort while gaming and the best possible tracking experience. I think that people would even pay a premium for this better experience. It would also be cool to have hand tracking but that would probably have to be a future you pay extra for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. stable oculus app

A more stable and simple oculus app without the need to turn off the firewall and wont have to launch the fixer every time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please include more Blueprints and general support for VR development in Unreal Engine

Compared to Unity, Unreal Engine is getting much less love from Oculus.
    Please create more Blueprints for Oculus Platform services (Avatars, VoIP, DLC, hand tracking, etc) and include better tutorials and learning sources for these features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Toggle for Oculus Button

Request a toggle or setting that changes the default behavior of the Oculus "Home" button during gameplay, so that it doesn't pull up the screen when pressed accidentally. Maybe by adding an optional 2 second hold-timer when an app/game is in use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base