Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Может ли обычный парень из России, осуществив свою идею в реальность ,верить в то ,что такая огромная фирма как Oculus сможет сотрудничать в

Здравствуйте,я обычный молодой человек из России.И с чем я столкнулся, я очень сильно люблю VR технологии ,я это понял после игры в одном из торговых центров своего города, после нескольких посещений , я понял ,что VR это начало чего то глобального ,того что изменит мир от ПК и смартфонов.Я начал изучать рынок и обучаться разработке игр и программ.Чтобы в будущем купить шлем и программировать для VR.Мне пришла гениальная идея которая в течении 5-7 лет появится и без меня ,но я хочу быть первым.единственное что я прошу не большой мотивации.Я задумался , что для реализации моей идеи VR шлем должен быть…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be able to add applications to dash bar which launch as panels

I would like to be able to add persistant options to the dash bar which would launch an application as a panel.
    Kind of like the way panels already works, but instead of having to choose an application which is already open, I could configure a path to an executable/shortcut.
    Also unlike existing panels (which disapear from the bar once they are closed / headset is shut down), these should be persistant shortcuts which I could access with one click

So in summary, we should be able to add a program shortcut to the bar, which persists after restart, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove "PC does not meet requirements" Notification in vr home

Please allow us to remove or hide the annoying "Your PC does not meet minimum requirements" notification from the vr view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A program to help people in nursing homes who do not have the ability to communicate with their care giver.

Having used the oculus for the last 2 years he came to me that this technology could be used to help elderly people who are incapacitated on able to speak or communicate with their care givers. A simple platform that would allow the person to wear a Headset and through the program and the use of just their eyes be able to answer simple questions yes or no things or things that they may want or need. My mom is in a nursing home in her late eighties and is totally in capacitated unable to speak or use her hands…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Left handed info apps/games

All games and apps in the store need to have information if the game/app support left handed dominance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shipment fot more countries

Hello I live in Israel and I wanted to buy the Oculus Rift S but I saw that there is no shipment to Israel, actually there are nearly any countries to ship to

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More audio control for both Dashboard and Home

Please, please , please! Add audio controls for the music from the Dashboard! I cannot be on the desktop and listen to this music while watching a video from the desktop feed. Either I couldn't find it, which is bad, or its not there, which is ver very bad.

And from the Home, I can turn off the music but the ambiant sound his still there, so I turn off sfx but now I loose the interactions sound, these are not the same! Who is in charge of the audio over at Oculus!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ok, lets try this again...

I have already left a message once, now that I am reading into the ant+ standard and figuring out the components of the touch controller , I am hoping to start disecting the firmware depending on what programmer I need and when I get the parts to do it. The same chip exists in al three devices and the controllers could be used independantly with a firmware update. If you have no interest fine, but people have a right to repair, and considering that they can be purchased seperately, I think your business model is unfair. If I want to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Defective unit? Honor system.

Amazon.com has an "honor" system in place so in the event that you receive a defective item, they will automatically resend a new unit. The user is then obligated to return the defective unit within 30 days or be charged the cost of an additional unit. This ensures less downtime and more fun for all! Oculus has a great thing going for it, and I want to see this company continue to grow and flourish

I think that idea would be pretty neat since a lot of users will actually put off replacing defective parts because it means days or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TRy actually replying to your ticket ...

Actually answer users back to their support tickets the minute you realise it needs a replacement unit under warranty .. YOUR ANSWER ISB IGNORE ALL COMMUNICATION... terrible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make a Displayport to HDMI or to USB C, or Update Firmware to Support 3rd Party Adaptors

Make a DisplayPort to HDMI or USB C adapter as many third party ones dont work and may people have "VR Ready" gaming laptops but dont have display ports/MiniDP which dont allow them to use their Rift S. dont know why the company havnt made a fix for this issue over the years, but now with new technological advancements many laptops are able to witstand large amounts of power (core i7 and up and even RTX 2080+ but cant use the rift S simply because of ONE CABLE, and many laptop comanys making the switch over to USB C outputs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. by releasing the independant drivers for the sensors/cameras and the touch drivers to use seperately of the headset.

the nRF51822 chips should work independently of the headset(if you must know mine broke) and your set up would be a lot handier if it could be integrated into setups and reach a larger market. it would save me a lot of headaches and determine what level i continue to use your hardware. I am a just a guy with a will,soldering iron and a fair amount of tech knowledge, i will admit i am on a learning curve here but i will give it a go, it would be preferable to have help or a company with a kind…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. carte graphique NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 pas compatible

Bonjour. Ma carte graphique NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 n'est pas compatible alors que la super l'est... Ce serait cool de généraliser la compatibilité avec toutes les cartes de bonne qualité et pas seulement certaines ... Merci

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let Rift S player stay on the v.17 oculus version.

Hey Oculus, so we have a massive problem with the recent update you did. So a lot of player from Echo VR a well known game in the community have now a crash when they join the PTS of the game(so the last update) cause we are on v17. Why you just don’t let us play on the version we want, we all use v17 because there is a particular way of shooting and we just can’t use the v23. Please let us play.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. To get more tracking options

So i have an oculus rift dk2 but i can't afford the touch controllers. I happen to have a few smartphones, a kinect and wiimotes laying around the house. What i have tried for now is driver4vr but it requires steamvr and it doesn't work with roblox vr. Smartphones have a lot of potential, there is games like just dance that have enabled phone controller support and it works really really well. If you could do something like this, i would be super thankful. It would be also a nice replacement if somebody accidentally breaks their controller and can't get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop asking to set up my Rift CV1

Can you please stop the banner appearing that asks me to set up my Rift CV1--it's set up already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base