Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Test updates or introduce roll back updates.

Just maybe test the updates on multiple systems before releasing an update that bricks everyone's $400 device? That or introduce a feature that'll let you roll back the software update so that we can atleast use the device we just paid, again, $400 for. It's kind of ridiculous when I buy something for that much money and then can't use it because of a software update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you support a public school pilot project for VR Classroom for distance learning? douglasboheman@yahoo.com

I spoke to a representative from Vancouver School District Superintendent’s office regarding developing a “Traditional School, VR” in Sansar as an answer to a better ‘distance learning’ option to Zoom meetings. I have friends inworld from Sansar Studio and Linden Lab that can help development of the classroom, but no funding for computers and VR headsets. Would Oculus be able to donate some equipment for a pilot protect. My motivation comes from desperatation after being AWOL from my profession as a land surveyor. I have a BS in CE, not a masters in education. I need to be out in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow external tracking on the rift s

Allow external tracking on the rift s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't Make Gaming "Social"

I liked how gaming used to be where your game account wasn't tied to your social media account... for the sake of privacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase Resolution and Field of View

Make Oculus headsets that have much higher resolution and field of view for PC gaming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use Oculus HMDs as Virtual Large Screen Monitors

Use Oculus HMDs as Virtual Large Screen Monitors

I liked to use Bigscreen to watch videos but now it has all this bloated community stuff which I do not like, and it does not work well when you have two monitors. I would watch in the void environment (just black - simple) Now I just use oculus Home theater place and pin my main display. I wanted to play PS4 and Switch games on a large virtual monitor but do not want to stream the games from an Elgato as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/u7Q4fdMQlL0. I backed an expensive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate the Quest and Rift HOME programs. Sick and tired of my Rift constatly getting bugged out due to Quest updates.

YOu guys have said it yourselves, Rift is a mature platform and doesn't need much if any more development.

So whey then does the rift keep getting bugged out with ever single #($&*#$ Home update that only is providing Quest features?

I want the Rift Home program and the Quest home program separated. PUsh out Quest updates to their own separate program LEAVE US RIFTers ALONE! Our system works if you guys would stock F'ing around with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please remove the 250mb import limit from home. its a Dealbreaker !!

i have 16G dedicated 49.9G max with HBMC. so what the ****??
    the ability to continue anyway is a must . ASAP! Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. macbook support

me and my friend both always wanted a oculus vr but are unable to have it due to having a macbook pro laptop, we would happily buy any new vr you make if it is macbook supported it is really sad we are unable to have a vr experience due to it being windows only

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New rifle shaped controller

Why not develop a controller in the shape of a rifle with a toggle on the handle above the trigger and action buttons on the grip to allow people to really immerse themselves in games such as Call of Duty

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow option to delay update.

I choose to play other games, before opening Oculus. Which I hate, because I love this whole concept.

The reason, is when I want to play something, I can't. I have to wait for the update to download and install.

It quickly changes from "I'm finally going to beat XYZ" to "you know what, I think I'll go do something else".

I'm more than happy to let the update run after I've had my fun.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sell replacement headband padding (not only the complete headband)

At this moment we can only buy a complete headband for the Rift S. It would be nice to sell the replaceable inserts for the headband separately since they can get really dirty when doing a lot of physical intensive games like Beat Saber. Also when playing with multiple persons on one headset it would be nice have a set of "pillows" for each player. Buying a complete headband for each player is just ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Replacement lenses

As the lenses of the Rift S ( and possibly also the other VR headsets) get scratched easily by someone wearing glasses it would be nice to sell replacement lenses. I know they are "not removable by the user", but i'm sure there are a lot of company's who can specialize in doing this for us. Also there will be a lot of users who have the skills to replace the lenses and don't care if that makes the warranty invalid. Having a scratch free set of lenses is more important than the limited warranty as I see it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please make it possible to disable the automatich Oculus software updates

Updates are not always needed for every single user. They broke my software multiple times while i didn't need the update. Every time i had to do a full reinstall of the oculus software to fix the problem.
    For this we need an option to disable the automatic updates of the Oculus software so we can install them if we need them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Having a tag along person going for a joy ride with you in a 2 seater jet or car.

Having the second person wear the oculus rift while you fly or drive them around sharing the same excitement of VR simulation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a way for Rift users to change their game resolution on the fly

Many titles don't have an option to change the game resolution. In SteamVR, there is an option in the settings to change the per eye resolution. An option like this would be nice for users with lower spec PCs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Oculus double screens

Hi, I would like to give you this suggestion. You could make glasses that have two curved screens, one per eye. The screen would overlap the eyes and end on the nose. Then you didn't see that you had glasses on. A better vr effect would be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maybe the greatest and simple Built-In Walking Solution?

Maybe I just thought of the greatest idea for VR!
    Maybe have a built-in option to virtually walk forward when your head moves up and down (imagine walking while staying in one spot) while a button on the controller is held down? It will kind of simulate you walking in real life while translating it into walking forward and reduce motion sickness while not adding additional hardware to the mix! - Aldrin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base