Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Early adopters // Your initial supporters shouldn't have discontinued support.

Having exclusive titles for the Quest 2 is ridiculous, if someone forked up the cost to own a rift S, they shouldn't be having to upgrade their headset every few years for something that would 100% certainly work on the headset they only purchased a short time ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. So the most recent issue with the blank screen is an easy fix

The problem with the current software is something to do with the support files, i rolled the support files back and the software botted up no problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. FIX IT

Hey, how about instead of making me unplug my device from my system. How about you make it so it doesn't automatically try and run the games, or if it does allow me a setting WITHOUT having to put on my headset to turn it off. It's stupid that you make it automatically run without giving us a choice. Even disallowing the unknown apps did nothing. PLEASE FIX THIS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. by releasing the independant drivers for the sensors/cameras and the touch drivers to use seperately of the headset.

the nRF51822 chips should work independently of the headset(if you must know mine broke) and your set up would be a lot handier if it could be integrated into setups and reach a larger market. it would save me a lot of headaches and determine what level i continue to use your hardware. I am a just a guy with a will,soldering iron and a fair amount of tech knowledge, i will admit i am on a learning curve here but i will give it a go, it would be preferable to have help or a company with a kind…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let Rift S player stay on the v.17 oculus version.

Hey Oculus, so we have a massive problem with the recent update you did. So a lot of player from Echo VR a well known game in the community have now a crash when they join the PTS of the game(so the last update) cause we are on v17. Why you just don’t let us play on the version we want, we all use v17 because there is a particular way of shooting and we just can’t use the v23. Please let us play.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop asking to set up my Rift CV1

Can you please stop the banner appearing that asks me to set up my Rift CV1--it's set up already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please make games like Guided Tai Chi available on PC

Please make games like Guided Tai Chi available on PC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Yes I am issues with connectivity with the USB in which I have indeed followed all said procedures in forums, oculus support and FB groups,

Yes I am issues with connectivity with the USB in which I have indeed followed all said procedures in forums, oculus support and FB groups, nothing of which worked until I decided to just pull the plug on the headset side, wait for Oculus desktop app to recognize no device connected and than reconnect the plug to the headset.
    What seems to me about this, is that the Oculus Desktop App loads before the USB connectivity on startup/restart loop. So what I propose is to have Oculus Desktop App be completely uable to self register as an active program in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increment of well-round Intelligent Minds! (MARKETING)

Improvement of Innovation/Demographic/Corp. EQUALITY
    GAMESTOP TO OCULUS is >= Walgreens TO Walmart!!!!
    I am a father of 3 children that has not been able to purchase their Ocullus(any) through Gamestop due to lack of supply. 3 weeks now with the amount in gift cards in total. BUT no where near Hartselle Alabama surrounding 150 miles through Gamestop can receive them. PS.VR is2.5 hours away in BOAZ, that's not what they wanted but they bored after 3 weeks now of my dragging out. Oculus makers need to improve the demographic expansion when it comes to new planned tech for our kids…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please don't update the GB

Me and Dad spent 2 weeks downloading BootCamp on my computer, and we saw the GB get updated from 9.6 GB to 15.3 GB. By then, I couldn't use my rift and me and my dad is really frustrated with your system right now. Please don't update the GB anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. remove the distruptive battery low notification on Oculus rift s

It is useless in competitive gaming, in my case, simracing.

During a multiple hour race, I use my controller maybe 20 seconds. Just to open up virtual desktop or so. Then I just use my headset. In case the battery of the controller goes low, I just get a disruptive notification of battery. Mid-race, that means a crash. So race ruined for me and anyone I crash into. This can mean tens of hours of preparation, ruined by a usability feature that makes no sense.

I have no use for that notification. It is just a mockery of my time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Facebook Account Conversion Prompt Displaying Every Time Headset Removed and Put On

This is specifically an issue with Oculus Desktop. Currently, if you have not yet been able to convert your Oculus account, you are presented with a conversion prompt. The issue is that this is prompt is displayed every time the headset is put on, even if you went through the prompt a moment before. This causes significant disruption for users who have not yet been able to merge the account especially developers who frequently switch back and forth between sessions in and out of VR. An alternative behavior would be to display the prompt when Oculus Desktop is first launched…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deleting devices no longer owned straight from the app

I recently gave my friend my Rift S to a friend because I am getting the Oculus Quest 2. I no longer have the headset and I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM THE APP ON MY PHONE OR COMPUTER. Please give us the option to remove old hardware that is no longer owned from the app. For now, after much time spent with support, it is stuck on my app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option to Lengthen the Timeout when tracking is Lost Due to High CPU load

When I load (NOT PLAY, Just Load) X-plane it uses 100% CPU for a minute or 3
    When this happens Guardian setup pops up
    can you add an option to tell the Oculus software to be Patient while it loads !
    AND/OR
    have the Oculus Software not CLOSE the game which I launched from the desktop not Via the oculus software just because the oculus software is having issues !

Very Frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to search people on oculus with -'s in their name on Oculus

I would like other people with usernames that have -'s in them to be able to get searched on oculus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please make an option to rollback the oculus software to an older version. Currently stuck on the latest and cant get past setup

I have had the oculus rift s for almost a year now, it has no issues until the latest update which has now bricked the headset. I can no longer get past the setup as the senor check always goes to "Sensors Can't Track Headset". I tried it on an old pc with old software and worked great, but once I updated the software, it couldn't track anymore. Please make an option for us users to be able to go to an older version of the oculus software, that way when a update comes out that breaks the headset, we…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base