Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Limit the number of Oculus Rift S one person can purchase to improve distribution until the stock shortages are resolved

In light of the limited stocks and the current global situation where many people are stuck in quarantine, it would be a big gesture of Oculus to assist in helping to get VR into the hands of as many people as possible. This includes individuals stuck in quarantine, educators, researchers, etc.

There are major issues of distribution with a significant number of units being snapped up by resellers and scalpers, resulting in many units stuck in the warehouses of these non-users. As of this writing, there are 5169 listings for "Oculus Quest" + Condition = "New" and 2471 listings for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One Eye Support, FOV Slider

Hello,

I'm writing to provide feedback on the Oculus platform as a whole.
    I am a legally blind man who only has use of his right eye. It would help myself and others like me greatly if your platform had a mode supporting the use of only one lens, be it right or left. I also have family who have full use of their eyes as well. If you included a toggle for such a mode to be a quick action on the wrist when hitting the home button or by some other method to make it so it can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sell Oculus porducts to Turkey as well

There's a lot of vr freaks like me here in Turkey but we cant get ourselves a Vr Headset with ''Oculus warranty'' and personally i dont trust second hand sellers here in our country. Even tho i want to get a vr headset, i cant because its out of stock and because of that second hand sellers are raising their prices. When it restocks i cant even buy one for that 400 Dollar price mark. Please help your customers here in Turkey.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide Virtual Desktop windows from Mirror for us who want to Stream Oculus Games!

VR Is getting more mainstream and the Streams are flying off the shelves, but most of us need to read the chat and be able to interact with our viewers without the pinned window showing up in the Oculus mirror.

I use the Mirror because of its 1:1 setting which is the best format for streaming to mobile devices as most of our viewers are on a Mobile phone watching though Facebook Level up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A setting to turn off controller vibration

I have a problem with my right touch controller, when it vibrates on max the controller buzzes loudly and annoyingly to the point I had to uninstall a game "Gorn" because everytime I hit an opponent the controller starts buzzing very loudly and annoyingly, there are lots of people that have this problem aswell, vibrations also drain a big amount of battery and some people even experience lagging when the controllers vibrate, adding an option to turn off all controller vibration to the Oculus settings would be great, just google "Rift S how to turn off controller vibration" and youll…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Verlängerungskabel

In Internetforen tauschen sich ziemlich viele frustrierte Nutzer über das richtige Verlängerungs-Kabel aus. Mangels technischem Verständnis das nur der Hersteller selbst von seinem Produkt haben kann kommt es dabei häufig zu Enttäuschungen und hohe Kosten in der Anschaffung. Es wäre deshalb wirklich wichtig und überfällig, dass Oculus selbst Empfehlungen erarbeitet und herausgibt. Noch besser wäre geeignete Kabel in verschiedenen Längen im Lieferumfang oder als Zubehör anzubieten und eine Wireless-Option zu entwickeln.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deal with the scalpers.

Example: Report eBay sellers for price gouging. As well as do the same on other platforms, And other such things.

Doing all you can to deal with the scalpers will not only help with customer relations, but will also help get the product you produce into the hands of those who will use them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support original Rift users by letting them buy replacement controllers and accessories

Facebook did a great job providing accessories for the original Rift until recently. Now I can't buy a replacement controller or headset wire from the store. Wires are going for $150 on amazon. Is this because of manufacturing problems, or because Facebook decided to stop supporting Rift just three and a half years after launching oculus touch? Facebook: support your hardware for at least 10 years if possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hand & Face Skin Types (Galaxy Skin!)

Please bring these skins back for your hands! This is a current photo I took today! (3/30/20) So I know they are in your system. That's my friend's hands. My hands used to be just like this but red. Then I pulled out that stupid Avatar Editor and it forever changed my options to normal human skin types. I want the UNREAL in VR. I dont want normal. Common! Its not hard. I loved looking down and seeing a galaxy in my hands. THAT IS WHAT VR IS ABOUT! Not some pasty skin flesh. Upvote this friends!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Permanent prize of -100$

-Covid economical crisis.

-Quest is an hybrid.

-Cheaper to build, and by Lenovo.

Also in a bundle without controllers, compatibility with quest controllers, -149$

249$ like Lenovo Explorer if we also have Quest (controllers) is a possible buy for better pc gameplay.
    Is usable for sim racing (wheel controller) withouth touch controllers, hand tracking helping with interface.

When you sell future HMDs, will be more hardware in the market for buy games when we sell our Rift S.

Rift S with controllers at 299$ is enough for fight with psvr at 299$

Both at 199$ in Christmas

Compatible with xbox…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Latex

Hi,
    My brother has an latex allergy and i would like to let him try out the Oculus rift S but im not certain whether its safe to wear it or not. I can't find any information about people with latex allergy that can't wear the vr headset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create profiles that allow to save "floor height" for different people.

I am sharing my Oculus with my 8 year old son. I am 6'6" and he is not as tall yet. each time we need to change height settings.
    We need some kind of profiles for the same account that can be easily switched between

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. oculus home broadcast screen interaction

would be great if you open a screen broadcast and actually be able to click on the screen and do stuff rather than just having it there to look at

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please communicate with is when the rift s may be back in stock

Please communicate with is when the rift s may be back in stock

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. oculus is a **** company

make good systrem you company i hope you all *** die ou wated my money you retzrds i hop youall perish in you guys fuklcing suck you havew a flwed system and your defice makes me sdo angry whenever i even think about nit because if the mone i wasted and how it ruins my whole day whenever i even think about this it stopped working when i wzsnt even around and ou guys gave me fix and didnt even work then you guys didnt even send me a newone i hope you guys die a slow painful death

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Full body suit

So, this is a full body suit made out of a micro fiber so that you don’t get to hot. Inside the suit there are tiny foam padded pistons that shoot out at you when you get his in the specific area. I thought It was pretty cool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix dirt rally 2.0 so you do not have to constantly swap the headset to hit a keyboard key and then put the headset back on

I am a long-time user of dirt rally from steam. Yesterday I purchased dirt rally 2.0 from the oculus store. It was a great mistake. I had hoped (presuming that oculus had done the reprogramming) that the necessity for having to take the headset off to press a keyboard key to change a menu, setting etc. and that hopefully the oculus hand controllers would now be available for that function. Sadly, that is not the case. I constantly have to swap the headset off to press a key on the keyboard (obviously it is very difficult to fumble around with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Home Whiteboard similar to HL:Alyx

Add interactive whiteboards to Oculus Home.
    Great for Recording / Interactive Games with guests etc

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I was watching the local news

The control my local weather man has on the radar via green screen is unreal. He just touches a blank wall behind him. He also has a clicker gadget in his off hand. I genuinely think this could change gaming. He even has pop-up menu control

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Start shipping in israel

Start shipping in israel please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)