Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow native streaming to Twitch.TV via Dash

Rift can already stream to Facebook via Dash, so it should be possible to add a button to allow us to stream to Twitch.TV (of course we would need to connect our Twitch account to Oculus).

Additionally, with the recent Facebook Portal and Amazon Alexa collaboration, I don't see why Oculus can't collaborate with Amazon Twitch.TV (since Amazon owns them).

This would be a very useful feature that would instantly increase the brand awareness of the Oculus platform !

Thanks !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the 3.0 flaw on multible mother boards.

This has been a major issues of top end and low end machines and many manufacturers and brands. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sensored drink coozy.

Make a drink coozy or something attachable that is picked up by the sensors and shows in VR so I can find it on my desk instead of having to take my visor off of my face or accidently knock it over searching for it every time I want to take a sip of my drink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. platform wide switch for left and right handed controls

The touch controllers are perfectly symmetrical. There's absolutely no reason why there couldn't be a setting in oculus home to mirror ANY games control scheme. So if the game says "A" Button, with the oculus home switch toggled it is now "X" button. There should never be a situation where a left handed person has to endure because of a right handed controller mapping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. guardian

When in game, 3d obstacles that are inside your forcefield should be layered on top of the forcefield. Lets say I'm playing CREED, the guy I'm fighting should be inside the forcefield with me. this helps for both safety and better gameplay experience as I will have a more realistic understanding of my placement inside my room. Right now the wall behind my opponent appears in front of my opponent giving the illusion that he's further away and bigger than he is while he's right in my face. see what I'm saying? I have no IT understanding but I hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Help with unblocking your PIN

When you type your PIN in to fast to many times it blocks you. Instead of saying go visit the help center for support and not having jacksh*t on there. Maybe actually giving the person help or a number to call instead of them having to wait A WHOLE DAY to receive an email back. How bout that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DisplayPort to type c adapter in box most entry level gaming laptops do not even come with Mini DisplayPort plug ins anymore.

DisplayPort to type c adapter in box most entry level gaming laptops do not even come with Mini DisplayPort plug ins anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustment for IPD position.

My eyes don't line up close enough to get a clear picture. I had the rift s pulled away from my face and I still couldn't see clearly but through one eye. iI spent two days trying to make it work better. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it adjusted close enough to be acceptable. I am returning mine in hopes the next one will be better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Rift S] Can we have a longer replacement cable which using Virtualink, rather than the USB 3.0 and Displayport?

[Rift S] Can we have a longer replacement cable which using Virtualink, rather than the USB 3.0 and Displayport? With the Virtualink adaptor from Valve canned, can we have a replacement cable which allows RTX users to utilize the Virtualink standard, hopefully sidestepping any USB conflicts too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option for purchase of physical installation media

Provide an option to purchase physical installation media.

This will help those with slow or unreliable internet connections as well as those with restrictive monthly data caps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Laisser apparaître le prix que nous avons payé le jeu à côté du jeu une fois acheté, pour mémoire.

Quand on achète un jeu, le mot "acheté" est affiché à côté du jeu à la place du prix. Pour mémoire, il serait bien que le prix payé reste indiqué entre parenthèses. Cela permet plusieurs choses : savoir si je dois demander un remboursement quand le jeu ne fonctionne pas (je ne me souviens pas forcément si c'était un jeu gratuit ou pas), indiquer le prix approximatif (vu qu'ils évoluent) à un ami intéressé. Car une fois le jeu acheté, impossible de savoir combien on l'a acheté à moins d'aller dans nos archives de mails et de factures, c'est pénible. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom settings for streaming

Hello, please add an option to set custom settings such as resolution, bandwith for Facebook streaming.

With a poor DSL connection it's not possible to share without using OBS

Regards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Refunds

Make requesting a refund simple and clear. The steps described in the help page are not accurate, and contacting customer support only referred me back to the same documentation. This feels like a bad faith attempt to inundate users and limit the number of refund requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enhance download performance

Is very difficult to download update and games if you don't have a perfect internet connection. Downloads don't restart automatically. When you try to restart manually it take 20 minutes for "download optimization" . This make downloads frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More first party games and apps

robo recall and oculus medium are amazing! oculus medium is so good and as for suggestion a longer game like robo recall would be great stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make an offline installer and allow it to use it offline

Here where i live internet is really slow and expensive sometimes even you cant access it, so oculus becomes a useless piece of hardware collecting dust if you dont have internet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Click on An App's Version Number to see the most recent Patch Notes

Some other people here have had similar ideas, but on the store page there is a clearly visible Version Number, but no way to access the Patch Notes from the store pages, unlike other app stores like iOS or Android. A simple solution would be to have a link to the Patch Notes attached to the Version Number on each App page, so when a user wants to see the Notes they just have to click on the Version number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Facing direction guardian setup is now gone (last update)

Before the last update, the Guardian set up let you set the facing direction for your start position. Since last update it has disappeared. It is crucial for aligning virtual worlds with real ones, and you can no longer do it.
    Why take a functionality that was already there?
    Give it back, please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Rec-room strafing style free locomotion to Home

I know lots of people have asked for strafing in the locomotion options, and honestly it's appalling to me that this feature (such a simple feature, if you ask me) hasn't been added yet, so I'm here to give some advice for the Home devs on what game specifically to look at for a solid example of what to do. Rec room. Now I know, Home is UE4 and Rec Room is Unity, but I myself took Rec Room's snap turning, strafe-enabled locomotion style and ported it over to a Robo Recall mod which lets you run around the city…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base