Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Be able to search people on oculus with -'s in their name on Oculus

I would like other people with usernames that have -'s in them to be able to get searched on oculus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include all the connections and storage needed on computer and include a laptop adapter that actually connects to laptops

Include all the connections and storage needed on computer and include a laptop adapter that actually connects to laptops

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not drop the Rift S and PC VR

It is with great disappointment that after purchasing a Rift S only a few weeks ago that Facebook / Oculus have decided to stop supporting the platform.

How hard can it be to continue supporting the Rift S platform? The product is barely one year old and should not be discontinued.

KEEP THE RIFT S GOING !!

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think it's your idea of a joke, I've ripped me off

Sep 17, 2020, 0:36 PDT

I am rift s owner of which I got my rift s in late July of this year with the plan of devlopeing games and experiences with it, I thought that this device only just year old would serve me for such purpose for the next five years or so, I am deeply unhappy that only two months on and you have discontinued both models I had plan to build for.
    I don't have the money to replace this item as it was the kindness of my family who scrimp and saved to get me the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cross buy should be eliminated now

With quest 2 coming out cross buy should go away. If the platform required plugin then user should plugin to pc to play. But if that same game can run on rift or quest 1 the owner of quest 2 should not have to pay for the same game twice just to be untethered. This makes no sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make an option to rollback the oculus software to an older version. Currently stuck on the latest and cant get past setup

I have had the oculus rift s for almost a year now, it has no issues until the latest update which has now bricked the headset. I can no longer get past the setup as the senor check always goes to "Sensors Can't Track Headset". I tried it on an old pc with old software and worked great, but once I updated the software, it couldn't track anymore. Please make an option for us users to be able to go to an older version of the oculus software, that way when a update comes out that breaks the headset, we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow sharing of games between users

Promote having two or more headsets and multiplayer local gaming. Steam and Xbox do this already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please DROP the Facebook Account requirement for Oculus VR.

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decision. I am very pleased with the performance and quality of my Oculus Rift VR headset and controls. However, if a Facebook account becomes mandatory, I will be forced to discontinue use of my Oculus products now and forever. Please drop the facebook account requirement. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Say no to FaceBook

I will NEVER create a facebook account. Your requirement to link my device to Facebook means I will stop using it. I was thinking of getting one of the non-wired headsets, but that will not happen due to this linkage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove Mandatory Facebook Link for all Oculus Logins

Many of us are not interested in using a personal Facebook Social Media account for Oculus for a variety of reasons.
    These include, but are not limited to personal privacy concerns linking my real name, address, photos, and countless other personal information.
    While we understand that Facebook own Oculus, and the data on both accounts, we do not wish these to be linked in any way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix disconnection from server while downloading Oculus Setup when computer left overnight

It is great now since you can resume downloading Oculus Setup after computer restart. But when I leave my computer running overnight, the process always got disconnect to the server after few hundreds Mb. I have to use my computer during the days to keep the connection going. For people like myself who live in remote area, fast internet is not really a things, It takes us days just to download the setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Itis easy to improve Oculus platform, do not get involve with Facebook

It is easy to improve Oculus platform, do not get involved with Facebook

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix your company it sucks

get a call center and get a live chat like every other company, for such a huge tech company you guys suck. im going to sell my rift s to some poor guy who thinks its a good idea to buy one and go get a headset that actually works like the reverb g2 or htc vive pro at least i know they will back their product. i cant even get this thing to connect and i know tons of people are having problems and nothing is being done about it. no update, no nothing? people are spending alot of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

I can no longer interact with my friends and family now that my headset cable kinked up due to normal use. During this pandemic Ive relied On my Oculus to chat with friends and family with VRChat. Keep Phyisically active playing Beat Saber but now I just for fortnite Thats an OOF I would upgrade to a RIftS but all sold out I would get a quest but sold out or Pay $200 - $300 Dollars extra to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create an online questionnaire to help identify which product is right for the Customer, it is way too confusing

I am trying to figure out which product to choose and it is very complicated, I have no idea what I need and a questionnaire would be great if I could just answer some questions to help me with assessing what will be right for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create an online questionnaire to help identify which product is right for the Customer, it is way too confusing

I am trying to figure out which product to choose and it is very complicated, I have no idea what I need and a questionnaire would be great if I could just answer some questions to help me with assessing what will be right for me.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On the dash virtual desktop, please enable right and middle click and drag functions

Many applications use right and middle clicks and drags. Please add this functionality to the Dash virtual desktop. Having to take off the headset to use the system desktop breaks the flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New form of controllers

I'm sure you guys have thought of this but have you guys ever considered gloves as controllers? You could sell them in different sizes and have them connected by wire or a battery the idea of of the gloves would be a fantastic idea. It would allow for a more realistic and immerse experience. And allow for all fingers to be utilized in a more precision response. Again it was just an idea and would be a great addition to the oculus family and all devices in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offer device refunds.

Offer full refunds for everyone who doesn’t EVER want have a Facebook account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the handsets to be customised for left and right handed use. As at the moment it impedes gaming.

Any games requiring accuracy, like shooting or sports, are impossible to play comfortably with them left handed. Can there be an option to choose left handed or right handed in the oculus setup to make it playable for all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base