Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see some afterpay options on your website, to provide the option for users to pay in installments

I myself have the issue of not having enough money upfront for an Oculus headset. However, I would 100% organise an Afterpay or Zip Pay account so I could afford to start my VR gaming experience. I imagine there would be many more people considering purchasing a headset if they had some alternate payment options. Even Paypal's Buy Now, Pay Later option would be good to have available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a way to test external 3D objects BEFORE importing them. Or gine an option to REMOVE definitely unwanted/unworking objects.

I imported some objects into my home.
    Unfortunately some imported objects didn't work well, so I decided to remove them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory, but I still can see them into the home imported objects list.
    The issue is -- not all the external objects seem to work.
    Some of them didn't work at all: in this case, you will see them in the Imported Objects List shown as a Red Sign. Then you can simply delete them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory and they are gone. Ok.
    Some other objects have a difefrent behaviour: they ARE listed into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a way to test external 3D objects BEFORE importing them. Or gine an option to REMOVE definitely unwanted/unworking objects.

I imported some objects into my home.
    Unfortunately some imported objects didn't work well, so I decided to remove them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory, but I still can see them into the home imported objects list.
    The issue is -- not all the external objects seem to work.
    Some of them didn't work at all: in this case, you will see them in the Imported Objects List shown as a Red Sign. Then you can simply delete them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory and they are gone. Ok.
    Some other objects have a difefrent behaviour: they ARE listed into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Faire des capture d'écran en rafale pendant une partie de jeux vidéo..............to take screenshots in succession during a game of video g

Faire des capture d'écran en rafale pendant une partie de jeux vidéo.

To take screenshots in succession during a game of video g

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow higher (custom) sensitivity settings for the rotational(?) axis during seated play

Coming from trackir where you can add deadzones and adjust sensitivity (I know I know my immersion! but still) I still find myself going back to trackir so I don't have to crank my neck up or all the way behind me, if for instance I am playing a flight sim.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give the Rift S more features from the Quest

To put it simply. Make the Rift S (which is tethered to a PC) actually worth it. The Quest although a marvel in its self has ultimately destroyed the Rift S in terms of features, which isnt really that fair seeing as they were months apart from release meaning the Rift S could have easily had some of the same features as the Quest. What feature you may be asking? Simple.

-Manual IPD adjustment
    -The 1440 x 1600 OLED display
    -The up and coming hand tracking

And another feature which could easily be implimented

-90hz (or above) refresh rate (We…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Oculus news tab in dash

Creating a tab / panel in dash for news about Oculus or VR in general would be a great way of informing consumers about latest news and featurettes.

For example say OC7 is ongoing show highlights or even full streamed keynotes from the Convention through the Dash for people to get informed while in VR itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I not wont Facebook

No I don't not wont to create and add Facebook to my Oculus Account. And we as a paying customer we should have a choice, and I am not happy that you are telling as how we should run are account. and on research I am not the only customer unhappy about this. So give us a choice please
    regards
    sean

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Téléportation and more game coop

Bonjour,

Je voulais vous informer que nous étions 4 à souhaiter prendre le jeu " the walking dead onslaught " avant de voir qu'il n'y avait très probablement pas de téléportation comme déplacement.
    Pouvez vous contacter les développeurs et leur faire part que beaucoup de joueurs souhaiterais ce mode de déplacement ?
    Ne pas l'obliger mais au moins le proposer en réglages..

Nous avons refuser d'acheter plusieurs jeux à cause de l'absence de ce mode de déplacement.

Autre point, nous jouons uniquement en groupe ou à 2 minimum ( ma conjointe et moi ) et nous regrettons le faible taux…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. STOP demanding Facebook login

STOP insisting that I login with a Facebook profile in order to use oculus friends or chat services - or wasn’t a requirement before, and we weren’t noticed before buying the newer Rift S - so either stop the blowsy requirement or give us our money back! I would much rather go with another vendor than create and sign in using Facebook

Funny note: when I had Facebook, I noticed that the Facebook corporation were spying on me - this you could theorise wether this is deliberately being done as corporate espionage - and now you FORCE people to login…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Social connection via Oculus platform

Oculus keep aligning functions to Facebook and not allowing these other functionality to work outside of Facebook. This needs to be removed and allow people to connect via the platform without Facebook. this is a function that has been in use for many years and with one update now your ability to connect outside of Facebook is gone. Please let me know if there is a work around for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Student Access

Tom A FentonYesterday at 23:16
    Dear Oculus,

I wish to thank you, and all in the Oculus team and company for what you have developed.

In the last few months I have started university in a separate country to where i live and it has been wonderful, but at some times it has also been lonely. I felt this was until Christmas when i tried using my friends Oculus Rift S headset and had fantastic time filling in space of time where i was at home not doing much. I quickly realised that the adventure and simulation created by your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIX THE USB 3.0 ISSUES

I have tryed all the usb 3.0 slots on my pc and the app says incompatable usb port (rift s)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Vertical guardian boundries and boundary editing feature

Give the ability to have more customizability when it comes to editing your guardian boundary. At the moment it's really frustrating having to redo the entire boundary again after one small mistake which could end up me breaking my knuckles right at the end as I'm about to finish creating my boundary, this could be done by giving the option to invert the boundary placement tool to cut out any areas you may have accidentally created.

Another feature that would be nice to see but not sure if it's possible or not is horizontal boundary placement. The bed next to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. By Adding "Sitting Mode" Button , "Oculus Pro for Public use"

see the visitor center currently has 30 Rift that I can't Upgrade to Rift S until a solution is found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Desktop App: Fix the installer.

First and foremost. Allow us to choose where to install this app. In today's market, SSD's are much cheaper and storage more readily available. I think it's safe to say most users have multiple internal drives.

I'm well aware we can "force" this program to install in a different drive using CMD prompt or a Run line. However, I think it's just bad form not to have this built into the installer.

Secondly, make up your mind on how much space it will take. When I try to install with less than 21gb of free space it will tell me…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Oculus Software failed to install initially with other USB devices Attached

I resolved my issue with not being able to install Oculus app. It was an incompatible USB device attached to the computer. I do not know which one: 3d Connexion Space Navigator 3D mouse; Corsair Void Elite USB headset; Logitech Gamepad F310; Dymo Labelmaker Duo; Pluggable USB Microscope or a disconnected USB cable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ust some ideas for a vr headset not that you need any you make great headsets one small thing could you please add a small bit of code to th

just some ideas for a vr headset not that you need any you make great headsets one small thing could you please add a small bit of code to the setup so it gives u the option to put on a different drive if you want

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to watch another 360 degree camera image on Oculus using RTSP

·Equipment configuration
    360 degree camera <4K, 360 degree>
    → (HDMI cable)
    → encoder
    → Notebook PC <Viewer software (360 degree compatible, Oculas Rift S compatible)> → Oculas Rift S <360 degree viewing>

There are many softwares that watch videos taken with the Oculas Rift S on a notebook PC. Is there a way to send 360-degree camera video to VR goggles with as little delay (RTSP) as possible?
    Please let me know if you have software.
    Is this possible with the virtual {Desktop} software?

Instead of playing a saved video,
    I am expecting live streaming using RTSP.

Currently, it is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories