Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Trade in Rift S for Quest

I feel that after the announcement that Quest will have the option of using PCVR, this has made the Rift S a much worst value.

I and many other Rift S users would instantly exchange our Rift S for a quest and gladly pay for the Link since it gives you more versatility and the option of PCVR and wireless. The improvement that the Rift S has over the quests are not worth the price of admission. Four months after launch and I deeply regret buying a Rift S.

The Rift s is simply not worth 400 usd on the…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please sell oculus rift/s touch controller spare parts or 3d print files

Hi there. Unfortunately i have lost my Oculus Rift touch battery cover, when i was changing batteries, and i couldnt find it since. That was months ago. I tried to find a replacement, but the only advice was to buy a new controller....this is a bit overkill for loosing a half dollar cover. If you could sell these parts, or make them available as 3D print ready files, that would be lovely. Thank you, regards, Peter.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open the Oculus Store for other headsets

In my opinion you should open the Store to support other headsets like the Valve Index or Windows Mixed Reality. I do not believe your headset sales would drop, because you make the best headsets for a affordable price. But I also want to use my Index with Finger Tracking for my Oculus games. Currently it is only possible by using Revive.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Motion compensation

Please implement a motion compensation option in your oculus software for motion simrig users. Pleeeeaaase.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make NBA VR available for all of the Oculus Platorms

I have the Rift S and I’m trying to use Next VR or Oculus Venues for it. I bought it a month ago so I can’t return it at this point. Why would you guys not make these applications available for all of your headsets? Oculus Venues is only available for the original quest. And Next VR is available for the Oculus Go. I have seen multiple people complain about this issue and other issues related. Please release an update making these softwares available, and when you release an application for any Oculus device why make it available to only…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. mac

Mac version please

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow upgraders the ability to receive a credit towards repurchases

Like many people I’ve upgraded by oculus from a rift to a couple of quests. Unlike every other platform oculus is download only content and offers no upgrade on purchased content moving to a new device and offers no ability to transfer content to a new user when you pass on older devices. How about offering a credit for content deleted on older devices so they can be repurchased on the new device at either a discount or free.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove "controller not found" error overlay

Not everyone uses controllers. A loit of people use the Rift in seated mode with a HOTAS, for example. Please get rid of the "Controller not found" overlay error message that will come up if the controllers batteries are flat/have had the batteries removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please get the rotting corpses off my store page.

Seriously. There are like 3 zombie and horror games being recommended to be on my store page. Every single time I load up my Oculus Rift S, I have to see the thumbnails of a bunch of rotting corpses with flesh falling off their face staring at me. There is no way to hide the game, there is no way to block the thumbnail, and the default page when pressing the Oculus Home Button always loads up the store page which I get greeted with rotting corpses.

It's been like this for 4 months. Every. Single. Day. Please for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Well I don't know if you still have membership with xbox if we can use oculus on xbox will be great

Like xbox series x as you know isn't only console is pc too so is going to be super awesome if we can use our oculus rift s on xbox series x with 4k I'm sure everyone will love that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import Ban of Oculus Products!

We are currently working on an import ban for electronic devices, without regulated supply of spare parts. This will all be done at the government level. Millions of users are left in the lurch with broken VR headsets. To stop this disaster, we want to enforce an import ban for all Oculus Products for Europe. Millions of users with broken Oculus Quest batteries and displays will no longer accept this scam. Even the availability of replacement cables is criticized for the Oculus Rift 1. This is an untenable situation and our environment and raw materials are destroyed. dawid@heftman.de

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Venues onf Rift S

Why doesn't Oculus Rift S support Venues? I don't understand how this app cant be supported on Rift S. I would even consider purchasing the app or specific events.. just saying. You're missing out on some opportunities for the PC community. PC VR users would love to participate in the events held in Venues, but won't be willing to sacrifice performance by buying a Quest or Go. Please add venues support to the Rift S. Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How about you fix it WHERE I CAN INSTAILL GAMES

PLEASE STOP SENDING ME TO SUPPORT FIX YOUR INSTAILLING GAMES, I GOT AN OCULUS FOR CHRISTMAS AND I WANT TO USE IT

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Может ли обычный парень из России, осуществив свою идею в реальность ,верить в то ,что такая огромная фирма как Oculus сможет сотрудничать в

Здравствуйте,я обычный молодой человек из России.И с чем я столкнулся, я очень сильно люблю VR технологии ,я это понял после игры в одном из торговых центров своего города, после нескольких посещений , я понял ,что VR это начало чего то глобального ,того что изменит мир от ПК и смартфонов.Я начал изучать рынок и обучаться разработке игр и программ.Чтобы в будущем купить шлем и программировать для VR.Мне пришла гениальная идея которая в течении 5-7 лет появится и без меня ,но я хочу быть первым.единственное что я прошу не большой мотивации.Я задумался , что для реализации моей идеи VR шлем должен быть…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to add applications to dash bar which launch as panels

I would like to be able to add persistant options to the dash bar which would launch an application as a panel.
    Kind of like the way panels already works, but instead of having to choose an application which is already open, I could configure a path to an executable/shortcut.
    Also unlike existing panels (which disapear from the bar once they are closed / headset is shut down), these should be persistant shortcuts which I could access with one click

So in summary, we should be able to add a program shortcut to the bar, which persists after restart, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have an idea that merits more than just a comment on this page. I am working on developing a location to enhance vr into reality.

As I am still working on the patents and R&D for this. I would like to leave my email address, and assure you that this idea will connect the gaming world seamlessly into live sports. I should be ready to share within two weeks, once I’ve tested the pilot version. Please reach out because the direction of your technology has the most to gain from this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 84 85
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base