Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Mark front/back on the white teleport space outline

The current teleport outline conviniently shows location of the sensors.

If the sensors are in 180 configuration, it's not possible to tell front of the room from the back (and where the monitors are).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Entering The Home Environment

It feels a bit meh appearing in Home without any sort of entrance/ door. I would love to have a transporter in my Home environment, like the transporter/teleporter from Star Trek, or just a simple door. This would be so much nicer when we get multiplayer since instead of people just popping up in your home they would have to come through something. Fireman's pole anyone? ;)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full screen display for video should be movable not just windows surface

Full screen displayed video should be movable not just windows surface with player video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fling to dismiss windows

VR with hand presence should be a very natural process. Manipulating the environment directly rather than through button presses should be the end goal of any UX design in VR.

With that in mind, I'd suggest allowing windows to be dismissed by grabbing and flinging them away, or at least dropping them in or flinging them toward a trash icon. Pushing a button is fiddly, and while there are other suggestions (e.g. pressing another button while holding the window) I think the more hands-on approach would feel more natural.

Obviously this needs to go alongside other methods for non-Touch configurations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to disable second desktop (dash desktop) for compatibility purposes

I tried playing Doom VFR and it does not work with the second display device created by dash for the virtual desktop. While I was trying to make it work I managed somehow to make desktop not working in dash (the dash bar was still coming up) and doom DID work.

Please make it so that we can disable second monitor device (and desktop with it) for compatibility purposes. I know I can revert back to the old home, and doom works fine with that but I don't want to rely on legacy software.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Bug] Combo boxes don't show up for dragged apps (like Oculus Debug Tool visible hud options)

The combo box is shown in the desktop view but not if I pulled the oculus debug tool out as a separate app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put basic actions at the top level of Dash

In the previous Void menu, most basic actions where immediately there: reset view, turn off Guardian.

Now I have to go down at least one or more levels to get to them.

Could you add a row of basic actions (like before) above or to the side of the Dash?

As someone who switches between room-scale and seated vr, I mostly used the menu to turn Guardion on or off. This has become less convenient in the current system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow simultaneous grid alignment AND object clipping

Allow objects to align to a grid of the Home structure, but also allow objects to clip through one another. This is helpful in creating new structures from existing structures, without having to carefully, painstakingly align them manually if wanting to also make them clip through one another.

For example, a large shelf will snap next to a second large shelf, but being able to clip the ends through one another slightly can make turn it into one large shelf.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard presses wrong key when one of the controlers hasnt released trigger yet.

When typing on the keyboard with two controllers while pressing the trigger to type a letter with let's say right controller and before releasing right trigger you press left trigger it registers another press of the right controller letter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expand on the Achievement Screenshots

So i like the screenshots but some of the titles used for the achievements are hard to even know what there about. Is there a way to make it so if you click the screenshot it gives you more details about the achievement is is? I believe steam VR does this with their trophies already.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bravo

D'abord bravo et merci de nous donner ce magnifique outil. En ce qui concerne les suggestions, je voudrais savoir s il est possible de déplacer l'écran incurvé. Savoir aussi comment enlever facilement un écran qui à été epinglé dans l'appartement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Dash ribbon gets in the way of pressing the button to quit VR apps

When you open Dash to quit a game, it's button ribbon is directly in between your hand and the close button, blocking you from pressing it without awkwardly reaching up over the ribbon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tracked Hands/Head hotbox Options

As someone with a smaller roomscale area, the larger hitbox around the hands and head makes the grid almost always active. This was not an issue in V1.0. Either an option to return to that hitbox size or a slider to adjust would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Easy way to turn guardian sytem on and off

Please give us an easy way to turn the guardian system on and off. For example F1 = on F2 = off or F1 = both on and off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Close & or Pin buttons on Oculus desktop Monitor selection buttons on dash.

Right now pinning monitors can be hard if the virtual display is set far or if their is multiple oculus windows in front of the virtual display.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unlimited copies of home decor objects

I understand that there will be rare drops which will be highly prized and sought after. Keep those items as a quantity of only 1. But for normal, non-rare items, why not let us have unlimited quantity? Like a rubber duck is singular. What if I want to create a small pool of rubber ducks? Or fill my entire space with them. How about ornate shelves? Quantity of two. There's really no reason to limit those. Opening these simple non-rare items up in quantity would encourage home design diversity and improve our experiences.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show hidden icons (idea or its a bug)

Spending quite a bit of time using the desktop view within Dash and one action I can not figure out, on the Windows 10 taskbar as with previous version there is an ^ bottom right that brings up hidden programs running steam, voice attack and other things, I have yet to figure a way to access that in the desktop mode, I can hover over it, use the same trigger I would use to select and run things but it will not raise and show what is hidden. Out of that desktop it is a simple left click (show hidden…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [bug] I get disconnected from Home often

I get the error that Home can't connect to the Oculus server, a countdown and I am thrown out of Home. Sometimes several times in a row,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Now Playing icon in Dash tricky to use

If you have something other than the currently playing app visible in the "center" screen, I would expect pressing the button for the current app to show me the window with Recenter/Quit. Instead, it quits Dash and I have to open it again.

I would think quitting Dash would be unnecessary because it's easy to just use the Oculus button.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base