Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Make home larger

Provide different basses for your homes main layout, alow users to add new rooms with different options for size and shape. As well as provide rooms for different functions (ex. Rift Games, movie, store, toy room, ect

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove 'Controller' icon from devices when Touch is set up and no gamepad is connected

A gamepad hasn't been included with the Rift for many months now, so it shouldn't be considered an essential component anymore.

When you have Touch installed, but a gamepad off, the Gamepad is still listed in devices, annoyingly. Just as 'Off' though.

This behaviour doesn't exist for the Remote.

It's annoying because with 3 sensors it means that the Gamepad spills onto a new line.

(Just a minor visual thing, but still annoying)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Map the Undo feature to a controller button?

Having to press a button inside the UI is frustrating for something so fundamental, and there are even unused buttons on the controller.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Dash-like UI for Home doesnt stay where it's put?

The Dash UI elements that appear when you press the Oculus button remember where you left them, and reappear there when you open Dash.

The UI elements that appear when pressing the left menu button always appear in the same awkward spot, and even though they can be repositioned, they are back in the same annoying spot next time they appear. They should stay put too?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve low LOD (level of detail) models

With graphic settings set to low, several of the 3D models look bizarre. I must assume this is using some sort of automatic LOD reduction, but in some cases the result is off. Two examples are the modern long counter, which has some strange geometry in places as shown in the picture, and the game cartridges, which also look strange in low LOD. Instead of using a dynamic, automatic LOD process, objects should be pre-modeled with low, medium, and high levels of detail to ensure they still look as intended at any graphic setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smashing of orbs is counter-intuitive. Allow us a more peaceful interaction

I dislike the idea of smashing a friend's orb to see his or her home. Putting the orb to my face makes more sense, since that's something more games and services use for that type of interaction.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Oculus Home 1.21 not Working with HDR

I use Windows 10 with HDR enabled. I also have Oculus services disabled unless I'm using the headset.
    If I start Oculus service with HDR enabled then my screen goes black and never comes ack, and I get only black in the headset. If I turn off HDR it starts fine, I can then enable HDR again and it will continue to work providing I don't stop and start the Oculus service.
    I opted out of the public test channel to roll back to Oculus Home 1.20.02 and this doesn't cause any problems at all, so it just seems to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the green cross calibration easier to reach

Whenever i put my rift back on, i always hit the menu button and quickly check to make sure its on perfectly for clarity. Now that button is hidden behind a couple of menus. It'd be great to see a button on the dash where the touch battery and headphone volume is. Somewhere easy to reach.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow you to walk on static objects

I would really like the ability to create our own paths in the game. I've used the rock steps to create a staircase out into the void in front of my Home. I would love to be able to walk out there for an awesome view!

Also, it would help for small changes in floor height, like putting a rock on the ground for you to sit on. Right now, if you put a rock down to sit on, when you sit down you clip through it. If you could teleport on top, it would allow you to sit on…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preset seated location

It would be great to be able to choose one of the virtual chairs/couchs as your preset seated location, so you could start home from there when you are seated in the real life and you want to use Desktop or play seated games.

Once Oculus Home knows what is your seated position in real life, he could detect if you are there when you start home and placed you automatically in the chair/couch that you have chosen in the virtual world.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 2nd row of dash that act as window taskbar for oculus desktop

since searching the app you need within oculus desktop is kinda hard (especially when the taskbar is hidden automaticly), adding window taskbar to the dash directly would allow faster app switching

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: UAC prompt locks up Desktop App

If I try to run anything as administrator, the UAC popup appears as expected for confirmation. However, I cannot click Confirm. In fact, I cannot do anything with the Desktop app at this point - all windows are locked up. I have to go to the computer and click confirm there using the mouse before I can proceed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide hands/touch controllers after a period of time

When in the Oculus Dash, which I use as a virtual desktop sometimes, my hands/touch controllers stay visible forever. After a minute or two of idle time, they should disappear so they don't obstruct your view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Hear non-VR apps in VR" options for both in and out of Dash

Currently there is a new option to enable sounds coming from Windows to output through the Rift headphones, but it only works when Dash is active. Why not have an additional option for mirroring regardless of when Dash is being used? Say you want to hear notifications, music, videos, etc in VR no matter what you're doing. Without such an option, one has to manually go and change their audio device in Windows every time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Will we be forced to use the latest Nvidia drivers when 2.0 goes live?

Will we be forced to use the latest Nvidia drivers when 2.0 comes out of beta? If yes, I'm dreading it. I have had issues will all drivers from 387.92 to 388.59 inclusive (game-related issues and Windows problems, nvidia feedback reports submitted). Currently on 385.69 which gives no problems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Playable Ukulele

Sure would be nice with some playable instruments!
    Like an Ukulele maybe...

But how would you play on it with the Touches, that's the question.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow user to adjust angle of dash

The current implementation is exremely hard to use when lying down. Go on, try it.

Currently the dash panel needs to be below the user with the user looking down on it's upward facing icons.This limits the possible situations it can be used effectively.

If there was an option to tilt the dash panel to 90 degrees perpendicular to horizontal (or further) it would allow for much easier use in a wider range of user scenarios.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base