Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Show us our suggestions are actually considered and the Rift s isn't abandoned

It would be really nice for Oculus to start showing any kind of sign they're actually listening to us here. It's all good and well if you have a Quest, you get plenty of updates and improvements, but Rift s users are left dead in the water with virtually no updates, issues that have been around for over a year now, and no new major features added. The Quest is treated like the perfect baby, nurtured and improved, while the Rift S is treated like the problem child, ignored and left to fester with its issues. Buying the Rift S…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Establish an incentivized Beta software testing program to increase large-scale testing of new software on a significant number of PC rigs

I was prompted to submit this idea following the recent controller tracking debacle & this comment from an Oculus software engineer: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/hobaop/foroculusriftsuserswhoare_experiencing/fxgw1sh/

I wrote a reply to that which I'll quote here:

The immense diversity of setups - different CPUs combined with different GPUs in different motherboards with different chipsets, power deliveries, USB ports, etc etc, with different RAM kits using different clock speeds & memory timings, interfacing differently with that exact motherboard at that motherboard's BIOS settings & that CPUs memory controller, with that version of Windows with those settings & those registry…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add hand tracking to the rift s

It's pretty cool and why not add it. Rift s has the sensors needed for hand tracking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Using The Oculus Rift S in bed.

I have medical conditions that do not allow me to sit or stand for long periods of time, Therefore I usually use The Rift Laying on my back. As you can imagine, this limits my use to basically watching TV and movies.

My suggestion is the option to rotate the Y axis while setting up the floor settings. This would allow people with disabilities or anyone just relaxing in bed to prop against some pillows and enjoy the Rift as if they were standing. The settings should not be too difficult, as it would just rotate the Y axis and…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make oculus medium and other creation tools multi platform so artists can choose what HMD they find most comfortable/affordable.

Hi I’m a digital artist and you guys just happened to make the best 3D sculpting program out there(oculus medium). It is literally the only thing I use VR for. BUT I am a HtC user and I am constantly being stopped from doing my work after “revive” gets the boot from updates. And I don’t make enough money to buy another VR setup to just use 1 art program. So I beg of you to open your platform just a bit more. I understand having exclusives, but I don’t understand making art tools an exclusive. Let the people create…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include support for Arab countries like Qatar

I've tried to buy the Rift S from the official website but it says the country I'm in is not supported which is really frustrating but I bought the Headset from Amazon and when I had an issue I tried to return the damaged one to Oculus and what they said to me is that my country isn't supported so they could not send a replacement to me

Why is none of the Arab countries supported? (Qatar,UAE,Saudi,Bahrain)?
    Why is it only the west and Europe? please do something about this issue it is very annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not drop the Rift S and PC VR

It is with great disappointment that after purchasing a Rift S only a few weeks ago that Facebook / Oculus have decided to stop supporting the platform.

How hard can it be to continue supporting the Rift S platform? The product is barely one year old and should not be discontinued.

KEEP THE RIFT S GOING !!

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller

2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip is being…

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make an option to rollback the oculus software to an older version. Currently stuck on the latest and cant get past setup

I have had the oculus rift s for almost a year now, it has no issues until the latest update which has now bricked the headset. I can no longer get past the setup as the senor check always goes to "Sensors Can't Track Headset". I tried it on an old pc with old software and worked great, but once I updated the software, it couldn't track anymore. Please make an option for us users to be able to go to an older version of the oculus software, that way when a update comes out that breaks the headset, we…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please DROP the Facebook Account requirement for Oculus VR.

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decision. I am very pleased with the performance and quality of my Oculus Rift VR headset and controls. However, if a Facebook account becomes mandatory, I will be forced to discontinue use of my Oculus products now and forever. Please drop the facebook account requirement. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Mandatory Facebook Link for all Oculus Logins

Many of us are not interested in using a personal Facebook Social Media account for Oculus for a variety of reasons.
    These include, but are not limited to personal privacy concerns linking my real name, address, photos, and countless other personal information.
    While we understand that Facebook own Oculus, and the data on both accounts, we do not wish these to be linked in any way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Touch controllers to be turned completely off WITHOUT REMOVING THE BATTERIES

So, I don't know about others, but I play a lot of VR sim racing, etc. where I never need to touch the controllers. Beyond that, the controllers drain battery EVEN WHEN THE RIFT S IS NOT IN USE. Give us a friggin' controller on/off toggle. Please. It's simple.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Motion compensation

Please implement a motion compensation option in your oculus software for motion simrig users. Pleeeeaaase.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Itis easy to improve Oculus platform, do not get involve with Facebook

It is easy to improve Oculus platform, do not get involved with Facebook

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ASk for a Colaborating with Microsoft or Sony so the PS5 OR XBOX can Support oculus headsets

i know it wont ever happen but if it did it could bring more people to the ecosystem since not everyone likes pc

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sell Rift CV1 ribbon cables for repair.

So, the Rift CV1 has major faults following the ribbon cable that provides audio to the right earpiece, and back IR LEDs.

Considering that this part is so small, and ribbon cables tend to be widely available for other hardware that use them, such as Sony products (Products known for being a pain to repair (And you can actually still buy ribbon cables from them either way,)) I think that Oculus should sell ribbon cables online.

I'd immediately buy at least 4 units of that part.

I am not changing my Rift CV1 for a Rift S, and I don't…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

I can no longer interact with my friends and family now that my headset cable kinked up due to normal use. During this pandemic Ive relied On my Oculus to chat with friends and family with VRChat. Keep Phyisically active playing Beat Saber but now I just for fortnite Thats an OOF I would upgrade to a RIftS but all sold out I would get a quest but sold out or Pay $200 - $300 Dollars extra to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add option to turn off haptics

Please add option to disable the haptics.. there are oculus only games that cannot be played because the option to turn off haptics is not there. On all steam games once the haptics are turned off the games run smooth with no issues.. so we need this option in order to further purchase oculus games.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offer device refunds.

Offer full refunds for everyone who doesn’t EVER want have a Facebook account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base