Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. ASk for a Colaborating with Microsoft or Sony so the PS5 OR XBOX can Support oculus headsets

i know it wont ever happen but if it did it could bring more people to the ecosystem since not everyone likes pc

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to change brightness/contrast/saturation of the Oculus Rift S

Some games on the Rift S are too bright and it would be great to be able to lower the brightness of the Rift S to increase comfortable playtime.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring us full Linux Support for both Users and Developers...

Windows 10 is not the only Operating System nor is it the best for everyone...

I'm aware this has been requested before but I'm afraid VR might go down the same path that Flat Screen Games went down for a very long time...

Linux has proven to be more optimized then Windows 10 making it a developer friendly system that even every day users have grown to love...

Currently the only HMD's on the market that natively support Linux is the Valve Index and the HTC Line up, the only issue is that most other VR platforms don't support Linux…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a version of Rift S with hardware IPD slider, for those with IPD issues.

The rift S is clearly a product many are interested in, but for some of us the IPD limit is an issue.
    I am sure many of us with ipd issues would love a version of the rift s, that might be more expensive but would have IPD slider.
    Then the normal Rift S could be left as it is, and the more expensive with ipd slider for those that cannot use the normal rift s.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Motion compensation

Please implement a motion compensation option in your oculus software for motion simrig users. Pleeeeaaase.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voice dictation

Typing in VR takes a long time and is super annoying. Adding a voice dictation button somewhere on the keyboard would make that process a whole lot easier, especially when communicating on chat apps without getting out of the VR headset.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to manually set height.

If I want to sit when I'm interacting with Home, or with any of the demo programs, my POV is far too low. I'd like to be able to tell Oculus that I'm sitting and that I want my POV to be set for someone my height. Some games allow this, but I'd like it baked-in.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Focus more on the Rift platform

I purchased my Rift S a few weeks ago and I love it. I took me a long time to decide which of the 2 headsets to get (Rift S or Quest). I ended up on the Rift S because it was supposed to be the best headset for PC gaming and that was what I was going to use it for.

Ever since I bought it I've noticed that the Quest is the only headset that is getting good updates. In not too long, the Quest will have hand tracking. Not that this is essential, but it would be…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. They only accept for the quest!

You think you have the power to ask but it's a lie! They don't care about us.

They only accept the quest. we on Rift S are forgotten they do nothing and accept nothing! They don't do anything on the Rift S they don't even listen to their users

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve Rift S

You must improve the Rift S.

Performance and graphics and especially settings. You only do the quest and you neglected and forgot the Rift S .. you only improved the quest !

We have too few settings! other brands, they are much more advanced .. we our poor Rift S is a little gadget ...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add hand tracking to Rift S

quest and rift s use the same tracking there'sno reason to not lol

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow users to adjust the vertical rotation (or allow for an offset) to allow players to lay down when gaming

It drives me nuts that I'll launch games that I'd love to lay down while I play. However currently if I lay down on my back, this causes me to look at the ceiling in most games without craning my neck. It'd be great to finally have an option to allow me to treat looking up as looking straight.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. please stop leaving the game because of low controller batteries

As a Elite Dangerous gamer I don’t need the controllers. But every time when the batteries of the controllers becomes low I get a notification which left the game and turn to oculus Home. I’ve lost some high end PvP event cause of this situation.
    My Idea: let the Oculus software tell you once inside the headset without leaving the game that the batteries are low.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the Robot mics

Fix the stupid robot mics that oculus has yet to fix

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phone notifications through headset

When I’m getting really Into a game and I’m playing for hours I tend to not focus on what is going on in the real world. When I come out of the headset I come back to some missed calls and some upset friends and family wondering where I’ve been. I think if there was an app that could connect our phones to a notification system in the headset so that we can see calls and texts when they appear on our phones I feel as though it would be very convenient for a majority of users

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A store environment to walk around in while browsing games (much like Home)

I've noticed the in-VR store has been reduced to a simple Dash menu, which is convenient but not as exciting.

A good VR approach would be to expand on the previous implementation of the store with free locomotion and multiplayer so people can actually wander around the place and browse games and apps with friends. Much like how Home went from a stationary 1.0 environment to a free locomotion 2.0 experience, the Store could have a 2.0 update in the same vein. It would make shopping in VR a lot more fun.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow a deal for those who own a Rift with a faulty cable, since it is nearly impossible to buy a new one.

The following is an email I sent to oculus support, not knowing that this site even existed.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:03:16 PM PDT

So I'm sure you already know what the issue is. I have sent in an email before about it, but today I propose a different idea.
    Yes. I know I am some random person on the internet and obviously know a lot less about business than probably everyone who works at oculus, but there is one thing I understand that you probably do as well. Public relations and ethics.

Before I continue, I am going to recap…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. YouTubeVR for Rift S like the one Quest has with 2880p

VR180 3D content is really cool on Youtube.

SteamVR has a youtube app BUT it's limited to 1080P (blurry). The Quest YoutubeVR app seems to be around 2880P or more. Not only that the SteamVR-YouTubeVR app does not seem to be active anymore or even care about the Oculus Rift S.

Please port the Quest app over to the Rift S!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base