Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Add a tool to edit guardian boundary.

Even though you can draw guardian boundary really slowly to make it look better, it still isn't perfect. Having a tool to make adjustmens to it would be really great, our boundaries would look a lot cleaner.
    Yes, we do have an app called Guardian Boundary Editor, but it doesn't work for everyone, especially for Rift S users. Native support for this would be appreciated.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Warn anyone on Windows insider builds or outdated Windows builds that installing a driver update might brick their PC

I would be highly grateful if there was any kind of warning that would have occurred before my computer decided to completely brick with the error code DRIVERIRQLNOTLESSOR_EQUAL. This was because I tried installing the latest driver update on a Windows test build and there was no warning or anything that would tell me the driver would cause my PC to be unusable.

I'm sure many people would be grateful for some kind of warning or message that would pop up about this because I ended up having to completely reset my computer and all the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save download progress in the case of a lost connection

When you experience a loss in internet connection or any kind of interpretation; all download progress is lost. This can be very frustrating when downloading large games, like Asgards Wrath. I suggest that download progress gets saved and can continued when the connection is restored, or the interruption resolved. Steam is a good example of how this idea is implemented.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dark Screen

I have already used on my MSI PC exactly the same helmet (same characteristics) in September 2019 at the Planeur training center in Puivert (Aude)

Monday March 2, 2020, I decided to plug in my new helmet, bought a few days ago.
    The oculus program asked me for an update which I did immediately.
    While everything throughout the configuration seems OK, the screen of the helmet turns on, but turns off definitively after about a minute.

I reinstalled the OCULUS software, changed USB, etc. nothing helps.
    The headphones only turn on for a short time, once the USB is disconnected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. mac version for oculus app

PLEASE add a mac version for the oculus app I cant afford a nice gaming computer but new macs have all the specs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Streaming for Rift/Rift S

The Oculus Quest/Go already has this feature, but I think Oculus should add it to the Rift/Rift S. It would be a great way of showing people what I see while playing VR and if friends try it I could give them hints.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Toggle for Oculus Button

Request a toggle or setting that changes the default behavior of the Oculus "Home" button during gameplay, so that it doesn't pull up the screen when pressed accidentally. Maybe by adding an optional 2 second hold-timer when an app/game is in use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windows 10 Change Drive Letter with Occulus Install on it

When installing new dives Windows re-labels existing ones. This means Oculus doesnt run (noticed by missing shortcut icon on taskbar - I put the shortcut there). Goto run from client.exe (not from shortcut), and error message appears, asks user to re-install, fails. Go to uninstall manually - fails - oculus is no longer on the drive it was originally installed on. Need to fix this by looking at the drive letter Windows uninstaller can't find the install on, then moving the drive letter with Oculus on it back to this letter. Then reinstall. What a nightmare, have you any idea…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make a fogot password

MAKE A FORGOT PASSWORD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Desktop App: Fix the installer.

First and foremost. Allow us to choose where to install this app. In today's market, SSD's are much cheaper and storage more readily available. I think it's safe to say most users have multiple internal drives.

I'm well aware we can "force" this program to install in a different drive using CMD prompt or a Run line. However, I think it's just bad form not to have this built into the installer.

Secondly, make up your mind on how much space it will take. When I try to install with less than 21gb of free space it will tell me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Native BluRay 3d Movie Player

Watching 3d movies from a blu-ray player should be a native offering as part of the Oculus Rift Platform. 3d TVs are no longer being sold, but 3d Movies are everywhere. The 3d Movie experience is going to entice sales for older demographics that aren't interested in video games.

Being able to see the 3d movie "locked" full screen no matter my head position would be incredible, so I wouldn't have to keep positioned any particular way to just kick back and watch the movie.

Many many many people on the web provide details how to rip blurays, convert them…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. RIFT S...I suggested giving the Option to use insideout tracking, or some how use the sensors used with the rift. or both.

...I suggested giving the Option to use insideout tracking, or some how use the sensors used with the rift. or both. Inside out Tracking is to much of a bug. I say do both, to give options . why not cover all the bases. its not enjoyable when your in the middle of a game and you lose controller tracking.

Where this is a way there is a will.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

Option to disable/enable input devices like the xbox controller from the devices menu

When you launch a non-vr game on a pc the Oculus still accepts input from the xbox controller that you want to use on a desktop app.

Add the option to disable the xbox controller inside the oculus app.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GunStock vs. EnergySaving

Need option to disable energy savings for the Rift S Touch Controller. If you don't move your hands in Oculus Home, the hands disappear and the controllers are visible.
    If hands are moved again the controllers disappear and hands in vr are visible again, the hands should always be visible.
    Because of this annoying behavior lot of people in the world can't use basic VR Equipment like a gunstock.
    When the hands in Oculus Home disappear is the same moment when the tracking in first person Shooter within use of a gunstock is lost and it is not possible to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow custom install location of oculus home data.

Every time an oculus update comes out I have to clean up room on my SSD to be able to install. What sucks is that the oculus program itself is taking up the most room on my drive, with the home data package being overwhelmingly the largest chunk of data (and it keeps getting larger with each update).
    It would be great to install the home data (and tutorials) to a custom location, as is done with the games, it would make updates much less of a headache.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On and off switch for Headset

For the wired headsets, there is no physical "off" switch as both receive power via the connected cables. The only way to shut down the headset would be to fully disconnect it when not in use.I have to unplug the headset which is annoying to do constantly. Please help with a way to turn off the headset till I open the oculus program directly. It will turn on my pc randomly as well when it is on sleep mode when it's left plugged in. Find a way for Oculus to install a option on the program to turn on only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. do not show 'disabled audio' as error

I use my headset to play with my rift s. Therefore I disabled the Oculus audio.

However the app is showing it as critical error. I recommend to only show a warning (e.g. yellow) for that, as it's confusing and I need to open the details to see if I have an actual error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Your antivirus software prevented installation...' Makes it challenging to download & install. Exceptions and turned off AV, same issue..

A software update would be in order. Never had problems with software like Steam. Works with smaller apps, larger ones is a hit or miss. Please look into fixing download manager.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option for Less Exaggerated Controller Tracking

Recently Stress Level Zero has released BONEWORKS on the Oculus platform, and since I own an oculus headset and enjoyed the steam version I decided to re-purchase the game. Though there is one thing that is immersion-breaking for me, which is the exaggerated hand tracking in comparison to the SteamVR version (video below, I move my hands with the same amount of force in both clips), which doesn't go through SteamVR. I would like an option to tone down the speed of the controller tracking for it to function more like the SteamVR version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base