Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Shipping to Brazil?

What about add shipment to Brazil? You already have an website in Portuguese, an option for switching the local to a brazilian one, why not ship the devices and its accessories to Brazil too? That would be amazing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Purchase Transfers from SteamVR to Oculus

I was considering buying the Oculus Quest but buying every game on SteamVR and Oculus Home would be way to expensive for me, is there any chance you could partner with your developers to provide Oculus keys from past and future Steam store purchases? or let us send you a picture of the applicable purchases.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. On every app / game page there is a "Version" number, but no patch notes. Please add.

On every app / game page there is a "Version" number, but no patch notes. Please add.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have real life game accessories in the store and the ability to order it straight from the headset to your house

Like in the movie 'ready player one' the Oculus store should implement real-life accessories like haptic items and additional sensors, wires, treadmills and more. It would also be cool to be able to pick up and look at the things that we wanted to buy inside the headset and then order it straight to our house plus it would be useful to have all the accessories and especially haptics and treadmills in one place instead of having to spend hours on the internet trying to find them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allowing third party companies to continue support for CV1 parts

Allow third party companies to create replacement parts for CV1 as parts are discontinued from Oculus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No envios a México?

Que mal que no hagan envíos a México, envían a todas partes del mundo y aun así estando mas cerca no lo hacen, perdiendo ventas seguras.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give Store credit for Rift purchases that reference a current owner's personal referral code

The installed base is already VR's most influential set of advocates, with some hosting VR parties, demoing at offices, or taking their rigs on the road to conferences and events.

Why not encourage and reward this behavior directly with the "Uber model": give us each a personal code, and when someone buys a Rift using that code, we get a store credit? A meaningful but modest figure, like $20-$30, is still significantly less than your current customer acquisition cost.

If you want to sweeten the deal, add in a $5-$10 credit for any Go sold using our referral code.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bigger screen view for watching preview videos

Why do I get this really awesome positional video experience but get the view of a 50" screen from a distance instead of a bigger theatre view to enjoy a preview? We should have the VR equivalent of a full screen option for viewing preview videos and screenshots. You have this whole spheric 3D environment and yet we don't have a ported 3D video preview option or immersion preview for games in VR? Even screenshots should be 3D window shots of the VR games and experiences. Instead we're doing it like we still are on happypuppy.com.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please don't "optimize" the downloads and updates anymore.

When downloading or updating a game, the download is "optimized" in phase 1 of the process. I do not know what the optimization goal is, but if it is time, it blatantly fails.

This "optimization" is so slow that I downloaded and installed a ~20GB game in Steam while Oculus did just start downloading.

Experiment: I have keys for Elite:Dangerous for both Steam and Oculus Store. Started the installation on two PCs, one Steam and one Oculus, on a nominally 120Mbit shared internet connection via local Gbit ethernet. Oculus finished "optimization" when Steam was well over 70% downloading.

When I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offer gift cards or at least a way to purchase store credit.

I need Oculus gift cards (or store credits) to be a thing. I’m a teacher and I’ve applied for grants for an Oculus Rift in my classroom. Now that I have it, I’m applying for more funding to purchase more games to use in science class, but will have to request a Steam gift card, as that’s the only thing available that the school can purchase for VR games. Such a shame. I’d much rather purchase and play games directly from the Oculus store.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Oculus Quest versions of games on pc

Hi, I am a quest user and I think that the Oculus Quest has shown what is truly possible with low end vr headsets. But what about pc? I'm not talking about high end pc's that can run vr, I'm talking about the other ones that have more power than the Oculus Quest but less than the high end's. What if you want to play something similar to the quest but with better graphics and framerate.? Why not play the Quest version of the game on your pc? With customization to the graphics in the games I feel like this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Buying an app for the Go you shouldn't have to pay again for the Rift

I think if an app is available on more then one platform someone only needs to buy it once.
    If someone buys the Oculus Rift S why buy the Oculus Quest or Go if you would have to buy some games twice. Like "Spice and Wolf"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When sorting by user rating, don't put games first than have less then 5 ratings

At the moment sorting by user ratings doesn't return the best experiences first. Games that have had 1 or 2, 5 star ratings shouldn't be put at the top of the list as that is very open to abuse and I've seen very old games constantly at the top of the list with 1 vote. Only rank games that have at least 5 ratings to more accurately reflect the customer's views.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Resizing und placement of store windows

Until we can walk around in the store please make it possible to position and resize the store windows like the windows in Dash to make them easier to read and use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. gift

I tried to buy a game for a friend only to find out it was literally impossible. It's been years since Oculus has been a thing, there is no excuse for this. What the actual ****?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tax Exempt Account Option for non profit education

I am a technology support staff member at the Student Union, Texas Tech University. We have two Oculus Rift systems. We would like to purchase software from your app store. Is there a possibilty to setup a TAX exempt account for our educational organization? As a non profit public school we are not alloud to incure taxes for purchases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. displayport verlängerung

eine Verlängerung für das displayport kabel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see some afterpay options on your website, to provide the option for users to pay in installments

I myself have the issue of not having enough money upfront for an Oculus headset. However, I would 100% organise an Afterpay or Zip Pay account so I could afford to start my VR gaming experience. I imagine there would be many more people considering purchasing a headset if they had some alternate payment options. Even Paypal's Buy Now, Pay Later option would be good to have available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not having to buy game twice (Synchronisation accounts Oculus store & Steam)

It should be made possible to synchronise my oculus account with my steam account, so i don't have to buy a game in both stores.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Suerly there is something you can do about Oculus S Shipping at $514 if its going to the UK. Thats to much.

Suerly there is something you can do about Oculus S Shipping at $514 if its going to the UK. Thats to much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base