Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Resizing und placement of store windows

Until we can walk around in the store please make it possible to position and resize the store windows like the windows in Dash to make them easier to read and use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put 3D panoramas of games in the Store

I'd love orbs with 3D 'screenshots' from games in the store, that you can pick up from the shelf and smash for a small preview.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Demo Scene that was mentioned in past interview

A while back there was the idea for each game to have a demo scene that a person could try out before buying a game. It was a cool idea and think this should still be something you do.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The store in its current form is either redundant or slightly feature poor.

The store space is now a separate one from our home spaces but still accessible there in a menu. Why not keep them more closely linked and at most make the store space a dynamic doorway/portal instead of a fully separate (yet non-interactive) instance. I would prefer everything to be quickly accessible instead of having to go through a loading screen that leads to a redundant and slightly barebones storefront. I would also prefer the behavior in both to be consistent.

So either let us walk/teleport around and interact more in the store, or beef up the store menu in…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please render environment background of games we're browsing in VR

On the GearVR when you browse certain games it renders the environment of that game you're looking at in VR and gives you a better sense of how it would look in VR.

I would love it if this was implemented on the Oculus Rift as well. As we all know too well by now seeing a game in 2D doesn't do it justice. Extra bonus if trailers were all in VR as well.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. option to hide apps you don't like

I for one am not a big fan of zombie type games, and have never really wanted Killing Floor or Arizona Sunshine, but they're constantly on the front page of the Store, where I have to see it every time I log on, even though I'm not interested. An option to select an app you want to hide in the store and click "not interested" to clear it from your queue would be nice.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow sorting / filtering of the Wishlist

Just like the sort and filter options when a user browses "All" titles in the Store, allows users viewing their Wishlist to sort their wishlist e.g. A-Z, Date Added, Price etc

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to hide installed apps from the Store listings

When browsing the store, it is handy to know that you already have an app / game, but when you have a large number of installed games, it can detract from browsing new content.

Please give the user an option in the Store to hide installed applications from the Store listings, so that the user can concentrate on browsing new content.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow launching of installed apps from the Store

When browsing store listings, it would be useful, for installed apps, to be able to launch them there and then, instead of having to go to the library.

There have been a number of times when I've been browsing the store that I decided to stop browsing, and have wanted to launch an installed game there and then.

Currently the user has to go to the library, and find the game they want to launch. This takes longer, as the user was already on the app / game they wanted to launch when browsing the store.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show on store listings a flag or icon to indicate that it is in your wishlist

When browsing the store, it would be useful to know that particular items are in your wish list already, so that you don't go into them again when you've already added them to the wishlist.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show on store page when friends own an app

Quite simple- show on a store page which of your friends already own the app.

Would incentivise you to buy it more.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Virtual Store/Mall to walk around

Could have a virtual store or mall to walk around so we can pick up games, throw them into our cart and checkout like that. Also if it were a mall each shop could be split into categories, so there would be an action game shop, or a puzzle game shop, space game shop etc.

Also allows companies to have virtual advertisements or their own shops just for their game

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't hide prices for applications that you already own

It would be nice, if when you view the store page for an item, if it would still show you the price/discount for things that you already own. This makes it easier to recommend good games to friends (hey, my favorite game is only $10!), and it will help out when game gifting is inevitably added. I understand why it is currently replaced with the 'Start' option, but then it should just put the price somewhere else on the store page.

Also, woo, the first feedback!

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories