Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Universal cinema app that allows us to watch newly released movies in the comfort of our own home.

Team up with movie theatres like event cinemas and hoyts to create an app to allow people to watch movies from home on their oculus rift.
    This would be great for people that wish to watch newly released movies at the cinemas from the comfort of their own home.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please add more Duo Packs

Rift S only has two Duo Packs, not enough!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More payment methods and features - gift card, wallet, etc...

Hello,

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, playstation network cards.
    And I know other stores that also offer this type of payment.

I have nor want a credit card or to make a paypal account as they come with unwanted costs.

Payment methods should be plentiful and convenient.
    The oculus store is the only one…

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show country in delivery address entry form.

When buying an Oculus, the delivery address entry form doesn't show the country anywhere, which is a bit scary.
    It would be nice if it was clearly visible somewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Purchase Transfers from SteamVR to Oculus

I was considering buying the Oculus Quest but buying every game on SteamVR and Oculus Home would be way to expensive for me, is there any chance you could partner with your developers to provide Oculus keys from past and future Steam store purchases? or let us send you a picture of the applicable purchases.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it more obvious on the Site if we're shopping for Rift or Go games

As of right now, you can see what tab you're on and the search bar, but that's kind of it. It isn't the most obvious system. Having a header at the top or background art that shows which system you're looking at would prevent possible mixups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Match Steam Sale prices

Hi, I constantly get alerts from Steam that a game I want is on sale on steam.

If I go to other game retailers like humble bundle, I often find they are also offering the same sale prices. But the Oculus store always seems to be out of sync.

I want to support oculus, but steam keeps beating you to the punch.

Can you please make it someone's job to ensure that Oculus store prices are always competitive?

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. insert samsung compatibility notes 4

insert samsung compatibility notes 4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a Supported Player Mode for Handicap-friendly

I am severely handicapped and can only play "Sitting" mode games. Unfortunately though, some games that are rated as "Sitting" actually require movements that are impossible for me, such as reaching down to the floor or physically swivelling around to face behind me.

I can move my upper body freely, but I cannot bend down or swivel around. There are lots of great games that work very well for someone in my situation, but there are also some that don't -- and unfortunately there's no way to know until after you buy it.

I realise I probably represent only a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need more filters and custom views in the Oculus Store

1. I want to be able to see ALL items in the store, there does not appear to be a "see all" link for this anywhere, only in sub categories.

2. I want to be able to filter by Oculus Touch only.

3. I want to filter not just by user rating but by minimum ratings.

4. There is no filtering till you search for something specific, why?

5. I also want more additional filters on top of filters, so not just user rating but new games as well, or new specific games. The filters need to be more diverse.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. stars

Oculus, please add stars and number of reviews to the website store so I don't have to click each game to see it

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On every app / game page there is a "Version" number, but no patch notes. Please add.

On every app / game page there is a "Version" number, but no patch notes. Please add.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Market by promoting walk-in-store experience

TV ads may not be able to give the exact feel of experiencing virtual reality, where you are like inside a TV show for example in virtual reality.
    Promoting ads to customers to check out the experience in person would attract more people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Separate pages for DLCs

It would be great if we could see, comment and rate DLCs.

Now, we can only see there is a DLC.

We cannot even search for it.

It took me 10 minutes to find Echo Combat DLC and it was in a situation when I knew it exists, it is related to a speciffic game and others are playing it already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A hardware link box with built in super-sampling

I noticed Pimax is developing their HMD with built-in SS. I was thinking if a device like the HTC link-box could be developed that had this ability it would sell like mad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the user library to the Store

The Core 2.0 Store is awesome compared to classic Home (Core 1.0). Bigger pictures make items easier to see and look more attractive. But why not add the user library to the Store?
    Basically all items in the library are coming from Store - and then users didn't have to pull out Dash to access their library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to start directly in Store instead of Home

Normally I use Store and my apps - only. Having to always load a giant ship and scenic view of the Mediterranean Sea feels like overkill and annoying when I just want to go to the Store.

Why not add a switch to Dash allowing users to decide if Home or Store should be loaded as default, when putting on the HMD or when exiting a game or app?

Also the new Store is awesome, and has a simplistic design like classic Home (Core 1.0), thus users missing classic Home may enjoy to have the new Store set as default…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PLEASE stop Store autoloading inside headset

PLEASE stop Store and other dash screens autoloading inside headset.
    Whenever I put the headset on, Home starts loading, but then also the STORE and other Dash screens load. Can you please allow a setting that just loads the Home without the Dash screens.
    I am trying to setup VR demo's at a sales event using Home as starting point. Now I have to constantly click away the Store screens using the touch controller whenever a participant puts on the headset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to share VR library with family/friends

This would be great if you could share your VR library with your families VR accounts. Essentially, one or the other could be using the game, but not at the same time.

If they wanted to play multiplayer with you, the family/friend would have to purchase the game.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have real life game accessories in the store and the ability to order it straight from the headset to your house

Like in the movie 'ready player one' the Oculus store should implement real-life accessories like haptic items and additional sensors, wires, treadmills and more. It would also be cool to be able to pick up and look at the things that we wanted to buy inside the headset and then order it straight to our house plus it would be useful to have all the accessories and especially haptics and treadmills in one place instead of having to spend hours on the internet trying to find them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base