Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Let us add our own custom models/music/environments, fbx files

let us add our own model/music/environments, fbx files

I can't change the music, I want to make it the space that I created. It needs to have model options like VRchat, mirrors, etc. I know you guys at oculus have dones "tons of research" on avatars, but I honestly feel like VRchat is way ahead in many regards. Bring what they are doing into Oculus Home.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration of being able to see the boundaries of each sensor in VR space (basically DeskScene application)

It would be great during set up of the sensors if you could view the boundaries your sensors can see, all integrated within the Oculus Home app if possible.
    For those of you familiar with the DeskScene application, it would be a very handy tool if something like this were to be integrated.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save system for Home

I move stuff around by accident so often, and there is several solutions to this, but one I would very much like to see, is being able to save your home and making it so that changes are not saved continuously / automatically. The "undo/redo" system is very nice to have... but its really not a solution to this problem.

Would of course also be nice to be able to lock / freeze objects so they cannot be moved around individually, or maybe lock all... old objects? So that you can only move around the new things you are adding…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VR friend-friend calling (phone call)

-First set VR guest armchair in your home environment
    -If friend calls you -they materialize into your Home chair
    -If you call your friend, you appear in their guest chair in their Home
    -locomotion-wise, this will be static but you can look around at your friend's "Home"
    -(the guest chair could be a designated seat on a sofa or an armchair)

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add prize box rewards for spending time in Oculus Home, not just in other Apps/Games.

Currently time spent in Oculus Home does not earn you prize box rewards... increasingly, Home is becoming a social hub where I meet people, meet up with friends, share ideas and home designs, even watch videos and play little Home-created mini games. However no prize rewards are giving for the time we spend hanging out in Home, we only get prizes boxes for launching into other apps. Give Home the credit it deserves, and offer rewards for it just like other apps.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Oculus home to show screen mirror on computer monitor like games do

Often when I log on to oculus it will be to play a game with a friend that is in the room with me. Inevitably I fiddle with my house for a few minutes beforehand and it would be great to be able to show them around while I do it. Just have it show on the monitor the same way any VR game I was playing would.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A Cartridge Holder

I really like the cartridges in Home, but it seems they are the number one thing to get turned into a mess. Can we get a "Cartridge Holder" like a CD holder back in the day, a rack/ display of some point that i can reach in to grab the cartridge, but if i accidentally select the table/rack/display case the cartridges all stay exactly where they are and not tip over and do not move when i set it down? Thanks

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Micro-stuttering introduced by trying 2.0

Oculus Customer Support requested I post this comment in the forums:
    Dell Alienware R3 OLED 16/512/gtx1060/ 2 sensor Rift setup+touch controllers.
    I've rarely had time to use this amazing Rift since I decided on a CyberMonday deal, but until I tried 2.0 all was buttery smooth. Excellent. However, that was on the original Nvidia 385.14 that shipped on the Dell and the 'Classic' Oculus client as of Dec 1st... As said, the experience was always buttery smooth, never myself or friends ever noticed any stutter. A beautiful experience. When I attempted your new Rift 2.0 core two days ago, you…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate Cartridges and Boxes from Library Objects

It is cluttered having 2 objects for each game in one category.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adjust player height in dash

Please allow an option to adjust the vertical height of the player in Dash. There are many instances where I start some software only to be only inches from the ground. Other times I would much rather sit down than stand and want to adjust my height so I still appear to be standing in VR. This is a feature that is already available in Steam VR, and is a basic functionality that should have really already been present. Please make this one of your priorities.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Musical Instruments

A cool drumkit would be nice )

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Home not require Internet access to use locally.

Home should not require being connected to the Internet if you are simply trying to use it locally offline. Steam VR Home doesn't require Internet to access it, neither should Oculus.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Glaring Multiple Homes FLAW

Having more than one home is great! But there is one serious flaw when creating a new room you cannot re-use the items in the other room, which is counter-intuitive. If we are allowed multiple homes, we should be allowed to reuse the items. So for example at the moment I have 2 Large Gargoyles, 1 is used in room 1 .. I want to be able to use them both in room number 2. Please remove this silly limitation.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cyberpunk Neo-Toyko Background

Add a cyberpunk Neo-tokyo style night background environment, I know you have the futuristic one that's one of the defaults but that's more art-deco future.

Add one with a similar vibe to the store skybox, want to feel like I'm in Akira or Blade Runner.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. give user objects (.glb) some physics

i want to be able to throw the ball i imported via GLTF(GLB) into my home.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AI Butler and companions

It'd be awesome to have a AI butler (look could depend on home location) nothing too crazy and when not in use he could be seen around doing things or disappear and be summoned.

Alternatively, AI companions (characters unique to home and pets) that could hang out in your home would be cool

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an Echo Arena disk & goal to Oculus Home

An Echo Arena disk and goal should be added as an unlockable to Oculus Home. It'd be great to practise with, play with the mechanics, and just have fun.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Home to be made up of separate rooms to increase performance

I much prefer smaller rooms with dedicated purpose (small game room, large target practice hall, etc) than one big space.

Would be great if we could set up smaller spaces to limit the impact on performance and to have more options of using different rooms in different ways,

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cable extension options

As of right now me and my roommate both really want to use the a rift s, but our rigs are close together so to make this even viable for either of us we would need more then four metres of cable so that he and I can both use the rift s in a confortable play erea

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base