Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Make the Rubber Ducky Squeezable

I know this is a rather strange request, but upon first picking up the rubber ducky within Home, I was expecting a trigger pull to result in a squeeze animation and the rubber duck sounds that already are used in throwing the duck to come out, but nothing happened. I'd really appreciate a squishy rubber ducky. Thank you.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place desktop windows in Home, and make it stay there when you close the menu

As it is now, when you close the menu where you open the desktop the desktop disappears as well. It would be nice to be able to place/pin the desktop window in the room and be able to interact with other things or move while keeping the window up.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-level or multi-floor type of homes

Existing homes is all on the same flat level. It would be nice to have multi-layer or even non flat homes, where I can put a stairs to the second floor or balcony and look at my home from above. Similar like the original very first oculus home had s side stairs, I just want to have an ability to climb onto the second floor.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the 3D printer from "First Contact"

For fun, offer parts of the 3D printer to unlock. When complete, we can place it and even add a few of our unlocked items (anything visitors can manipulate) to its "memory" that get randomly selected for printing. Include the other "disks" as well (gun, butterflies, noise makers).

Add the "monitor" with "keyboard" that allow users to scroll through selections for more predictable fun.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add "recenter" option

There is no option to recenter orientation in Oculus Home.
    It's fixed to a specific position according to the sensors.

Should allow recentering via push&hold of one of the touch's joystick like in most games

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Real Use of Furniture/Ability to set a Television with Hulu/Netflix and Adjust Lighting/Have custom controllable lighting objects.

So there are a few things that contribute to the whole that I would like. Netflix and Hulu obviously have their own apps. But to have an app like experience in the home on a screen where we can set up a couch and place a screen would be awesome. This would be better than the experience you get in the Netflix or Plex VR apps.

Also would be nice to have some lighting objects and have advanced lighting that could be able to adjust to playing of video much like the oculus video app.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rename you rooms?

Can we rename our rooms?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Portals from the Oculus Home to Your Games

I love the idea of a virtual retro console and you place a VR headset on your head to play VR in VR (so meta), but what if those game cartridges could be placed in a console about waist height and then there's some kind of Star Trek-esque device where a portal/ Rift (see what I did there) shows up? I feel like this would enhance immersion in the game space, unify the barriers between games, and make it feel like a cohesive, shared universe.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to be able to put a pool table in our home, or perhaps even old school game cabinets.

The ability to hang pictures from our PC saved files, maybe wall frames and table frames

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like a way to save my home state so that I can reset to it if I make changes that I'm not happy with.

Currently, as far as I'm aware, you can reset to factory default, but I had my apartment the way I liked it and I showed it to a friend without thinking to lock everything in place and now everything is all over the place. I'll have to start from scratch.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save Home customization throughout the Beta > Public process

The last thing I think any user wants is to lose any items or customizations to their Home space throughout the Beta update process. Please make sure that when updates get released to the Beta track (and then finally to Public track) that we don't lose any of what we created in our Home space!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Walk in the enviroments!

I'm not saying a whole planet or any thing like that, but it would be nice depending on the environment you choose for your home that you are currently in, there would be an elevator/ door that would take you to a common area themed to your Background.

A Space Station with a huge observatory for the space environment,

A high tech mall for the for the futuristic city environment,

A valley of flowers with a small town with the mountain environment

Access to the docks and ships for the Docks environment.

You could add a few activities people could…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add mods system for loading custom scripted content. What if I want to code a pet cat!! (I do)

Add MODS!
    I want to be able to add anything that I want to my home!
    Be it a virtual arcade cabinet that emulates games, a cat I modeled and coded the AI for myself.
    ****, portal guns, why not!!
    If I can make it, I want to be able to add it.
    I want to be the god of my world!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Darker environments.

The default environments are nice, but I just often find them too bright for my liking. All spots are bathed in bright sunlight, even in space and in the Gotham like city nightscape, there's that bright white ambient light that illuminates 90% of the home.

My preferrance would be to have interactive light emitters, bulbs, spotlights, neon tubing, that we can place in strategic spots, but if that's too taxing on hardware limits then maybe just an option to dim the default illumination? It is kind of hard to get in the mood to watch videos in there for example,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Earn rewards any time you use the Rift.

As long as it continues to be unpaid, I actually enjoy the idea of unlocking home upgrades...especially once there is a multiplayer component I think it will add to the diversity of home layouts.

I do, however, wish that the items could be unlocked while using non-Oculus store VR apps. Right now it seems like they only unlock when using a game or app from the Oculus store. Because the Oculus store doesn't get every new release, I spend some of my time outside of the Oculus environment and it would be nice if I still earned unlocks while using…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Positional audio for desktop windows and app windows

Audio is not positional for pinned windows. (I.e., it sounds like I'm in a small home theater, but it won't change when I'm moving my head or moving the windows).

It'd be great if desktop windows and desktop apps could have positional audio, such that if I have a video playing to my right I can hear it in my right ear. But if I turn around I can hear it move over to my left ear etc

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rotation snapping for objects

Ability to rotate objects in 90 degree increments to keep everything aligned parallel or perpendicular relative to the walls and ground.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a spotlight or movable light source

This might not be possible, but it would be nice to have a light source to illuminate areas.

For example in the space environment, the table with games on it (outside, left) is too dark to read cartridges easily. Being able to add a lamp that actually cast light would solve this.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base