Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Chess game

once Multiplayer is added, have games like chess, checkers, and other board games that you can play with visitors to your Home

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved handles / snapping / no-clip mode

Snapping is very useful, but over-aggressive in some situations and doesn't work in others.

More rotational control at range, for example entering a "rotation mode" where the object stays fixed at the current location and the touch controller input is mapped to object rotation directly. This would make it easier to place objects at locations where it is hard to reach.

Somewhat related, a no-clip mode like when an object is held close would also be useful at range and a no-clip mode with physics disabled during placement would make interactables more flexible to use as props. Kind of hard…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preset move locations

Allow creation of set teleport locations within home

For example, I would love to set a point near cartridge table that is conveniently placed relative to my real room. Just so I wouldn't have to readjust the teleport location when i bump into walls.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Virtual camera/webcam in Oculus Home

If we had a virtual webcam that our PC saw as an actual camera device, we could use that and have skype calls from within our Home environment. I could set the camera on a shelf, or even carry it around and point it at what i want. And we could have a skype meeting running on the PC and be able to view that from the screen mirroring feature that we already have.

aside from that, it would give people another POV they can use, instead of just screen caping what their eyes see.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adjust the alignment of the laser gun

Right now the toy laser gun is angled slightly inwards instead of perfectly in line with your touch controller. I love blasting the little pixilated targets when i'm board but the gun is a little awkward compared to what i'm used to in games.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom imported objects was an awesome update! Now let us share them with others.

Finally allowing us to create and import custom made objects into home was a great step into making our VR homes truly unique. Now you should add some sort of community section for sharing those objects. Some people aren't that technically inclined/artistic or simply don't have time for the hours of work it takes, but allowing them to easily download awesome content from other users who are and do is a must. Personally I'd love to share some of the objects I've made already with other users. Like Longclaw (jon snows sword from GOT) and I'd love to see what…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Non-Human Avatar Options

The best part of VR is escaping my boring human existence... so why do I still have to look like a human? I can never even make the human avatar look like ME anyways, and it drives me crazy.

Robots, Monsters, Animal-People, all would be great to have as avatar options.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Options, options, options!

We should have native option to disable/enable Oculus Desktop app from loading when using i.e. SteamVR. Also we should have option to disable Home 2 environment from loading while the Dash also should have option to be on in that empty environment and in games if needed.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AI like replika

It would be cool to introduce an AI like replika into the Oculus home, but give it some Cortana or Siri abilities. A virtual friend you can see, play games with, teach, and chat with that can also do things you ask it to do like check the time in Australia, open apps on desktop, clean up the mess you made with the bow and arrow, search the web, and so on.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More cartridge display options! Shelves with snap points, vending machines, and more!

Placing a game cartridge back in its "spot" can be a hassle. Adding something as simple as a new shelf type (or cubby system), where games get pulled toward a position in an array or along a line would go a long way towards combating that issue. Additionally, more creative contraptions could add a lot of character to someone's layout. For example, a vending machine style thing, with a scrollable sidebar for dispensing game cartridges. I'd love to see some variety in this regard.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Desperate Need of more Interactive/Social Objects!!

We could definitely use either some more animated objects for our homes or better yet some interactive options, the current ones are Awesome, but they're very much a solo affair, ie: Boomerang, Blimp.. yeah sure a couple people or more could stand around putting golf balls, but the novelty is going to lose it's shine rather quickly, how about some virtual pets even, or random critters in the environments!?..

Just some random game Ideas off the top of my head:
    - Chess
    - Ping Pong Table
    - Pool Table
    - Dart Board
    - Card Games, (poker, gin rummy, bloody Snap…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to 'snap' to seats

It would be terrific if you could snap to pre-programmed spots on seats in Home. That way you can automatically sit at the right hight, facing the right direction. This would be awesome for watching videos in Home, and later for social interactions, where you would sit in seats next or opposite each other in a natural way. See VRTime for a crude example.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optional "Bulliten Board" in Home where friends can leave notes!

Bulletin Board object we can place on the wall where friends visiting can leave notes for each other or post stuff.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can plants grow and can we have Pets

Can we have plants that grow and need pruning, flower. Plants that go into a autumn with glorious colour for that season. Imagine cherry blossom. Plants that turn into Triffids with legs that move around your room that grow seed which you can give away to friends to grow. Imagine Pets from games you played in, lets say Robo Recall and you found a Robot pet with Oculus Rift you collect it and it appears in your room. It would be great looking for rare pets in games.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make books readable

Well you can grab the book! But you can’t open it and turn pages!

Maybe it should be openable and a possibility to turn pages!

Why not make it possible to attach a PDF to it as content or simply add some story pages of any kind on the inside!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Offline home

Keep getting thrown out of home because i don't have a stable internet connection. Please make it local or fix a possible "wait for connection" kind of thing that doesn't boot you off within 10 seconds.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Containers for things such as ping pong balls and golf balls

a container that can hold the balls and let them rest with the built-in physics would be neat.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Netflix Screen

It would be great if there could be a dedicated Netflix App to pin to the wall in Core 2.0

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Auto and Manual Seasons. Based on time-zone, time of the year or weather.

Turn On Weather Conditions (ADVANCED) -
    The forecast can change in HOME based on your physical locations weather conditions.

For instance, a partnership with Dark Sky would send you a notification when rain is coming. When the rain hits, the environment will have rain, and lightning depending if its a thunderstorm. (Just imagine looking out into the sea in the pirate environment with the boats rocking back and forth)

Turn On Seasons (BASIC) -
    It's winter, its snowing.
    It's Summer, its sunny
    It's Spring, sunny, hummingbirds and butterflies are more active
    It's Fall, leaves start falling from trees.
    It's Halloween,…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pool table

A full size pool table to play on with feedback through Touch after striking ball

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base