Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add current time to wrist watch

Would be a great in-world addition to allow one to keep track of time.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please remove the welcome sign so we do not have to see it everytime.

Limit the welcome sign. It's a bit much to see it everytime you enter the home

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let Friends Help Decorate Your Home

My brother just bought a rift and we are really enjoying playing together! Here’s the story: he told me he was going to take a break and decorate his home, so I asked him if he could invite me so I could help. I made my home very nice so o wanted to help him choose objects and show him good places to put things...etc. after getting into his home, he couldn’t even move the furniture himself!

I think there needs to be a “home decor” mode or something where you can give permissions to certain friends to help build…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please give us supersampling control in the settings, for individual games.

I've seen this one requested so many times now. Please provide some supersampling control within Oculus Home.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to disable Home

I love Dash, and I noticed that before Home loads, you can just have Dash in a blank environment. I would like this.

Home has awful performance on my PC and I honestly just don't care for it, but I know others love it, so I would like an option in the settings to disable home but keep Dash instead of going back to the classic Oculus home.

I'm running a GTX 1060 3GB, i5-6600K, and 8GB DDR4 and Home is unusable for me.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this idea! Within the 1.42 PTC software update, there is an option to disable the automatic launching of Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app. Please opt into the public test channel to check it out and let us know what you think!

8. Home Whiteboard similar to HL:Alyx

Add interactive whiteboards to Oculus Home.
    Great for Recording / Interactive Games with guests etc

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. JukeBox

A jukebox that would allow to access music on your PC. Could have different models; Gramophone, 50s Jukebox, Record player, MP3 player with dock and speakers etc etc.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3D Music player nodel (Amplifier)

Music Amplifier to select and play your own tunes.
    Include Freqency graphic analyser (those dancing bar graph of freqs)
    Add range of devices - choose from 80s, 90s styles
    Select local radio channels as well

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Games purchased on Oculus Home should come with a poster to put in your home.

It would be a great way to represent your favorite games a little better since the boxes are kind of small.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to create multiple homes and switch between them.

Not sure if this is a plan for when it is actually fully released, but it would be better than having to rearrange everything if you want a change in scenery.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Radio or other audio device

I would love to have an interactive functioning radio or record-player in the room, were you could upload say 3-5 songs which you could then select to play when in the room.
    Visiting friends should also be able to interact with it and check out your music...you learn a lot about a person from the music they listen to :-)

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better use of Objects, such as Baketball, Bow, etc. Basketball is hard to dribble, grab, shoot, without accidentally moving objects around

Better use of Objects, such as Baketball, Bow, etc. Basketball is hard to dribble, grab, shoot, without accidentally moving objects around

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow music to be played in the home from streaming sources like google play music

Allow music to be played from objects such as speakers in the oculus home, with the source of the music coming from music streaming services such as google play music, spotify or youtube

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add retro arcade home environment

I'd love to see an old '84 style arcade home environment complete with black lights and glow-in-the-dark carpet, arcade cabinets, skee-ball, claw crane and other retro type machines.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dim the lights in Rift Home

The lights in Home 2.0 are too bright to comfortably watch TV with the broadcast feature. Would like to be able to dim the lights.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resize any object

There are many objects that I would love in a bigger or a smaller size. This is not possible natively in Home, which is a shame.
    Resizing an object is a basic thing in programming, it shouldn't be hard to do!
    I suggest you do it like Oculus Medium : when holding an object, pressing the grip of the second controller and spreading the arms (or, on the contrary, bringing them closer) change the size of the object.
    This control is basic, natural, and implemented in many other apps.

Thank you!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Achievements should have the option to be actual trophies.

Instead of the plaques, you should also have the option to display an actual trophy for an achievement. If my Oculus Home had a trophy case display full of trophies, maybe my father would finally love me.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Pictures

The ability to use your media library to put your own pictures on your wall and or videos.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base