Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Separate edit mode

Have a separate mode for when you want to edit your home. That way you're less likely to accidentally change something while you're interacting with objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pencil+paper

it would be cool to have a pencil and a paper so we can be able to make drawings, write a book maybe?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix multiplayer issues and also make the multiplayer more interactive

Finally we get multiplayer, but other than talking there's nothing you can do.

-Items picked up by one individual can't been seen by anyone else. i.e if someone picks up a bow no one else can see it in their hands and the bow will still appear to be in its original location, so you can't do target shooting, basketball etc as each person only sees their own object interactions.

-Watching the TV seems to have issues also. All players can see it, but so far ( and we've tried in multiple homes) only the host seems able to hear…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Home performance recently just tanked

Is it just me? I used to have no problems with Home. But with one of the recent updates the performance just went waaaay down. I used to have 3 green dots and no dropouts. Now it's between yellow and red and sometimes the flickering is every other second. I have a generally beefy computer with a nvidia 1080 , more ram than I need for heavy 4K video editing and other stuff. I regularly max out settings in games. But rececently Home is almost unuseable.

Amd it just came from one playing session to the next it feels like,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to share files or photos in home

With the addition of guests in your home, it would be good to be able to share files/photo with quests you have in your home, and they have the ability to save the file locally to their PC.

I have some old photos of me and my friend that I would like to be able to "pass to him" in VR and he should have the ability to save them locally on his PC.

This would be a very useful Social interaction ability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Widescreen Arcade Special Item

Widescreen Arcade Special Item
    I am loving the 4:3 arcade machines that you have added, but I think it would be great to also have 16:9/widescreen machines for more recent games (Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, DBFZ, etc). Even if they used the same skins and height as that ones that are currently available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. be able to make it like you are in real life but with a AR headset

It would be cool to be able to get in the gifts actual gadgets such as the Microsoft hololens and various smart gadgets like Alexa, also a prominent voice recognition software would be good too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Confirmation before resetting Oculus tracking

I often go into the option to turn on / off the guardian walls. I have found that I often mistakenly click the button to reset tracking - which is a real pain. A confirmation prompt for this would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to reset view to default entry point

Like reset view, but takes you back to your default entry point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fine Adjustment Option for Item Placement

Right now you have to rely solely on your hand coordination and angle of controller for placement of objects. While this makes things feel more organic in some ways, it doesn't allow for fine adjustment like 1 increment movements in rotation of objects for hanging pictures, artistic placement, etc. Having a manual adjustment option for setting objects for those of us who are looking to have really fine placement would be awesome and easy to implement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ambient sound effects in the Mountain View dont play when you first appear.

You have to go inside, then come back out again to make the ambient wind, birds, etc. start playing. They should start playing if you appear outside.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The weapons in oculus home aren't calibrated properly

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/884w82/the_weapons_in_oculus_home_arent_calibrated/

It seems like the bow is tilted at an angle in game when compared to the touch controllers. The sword also doesn't line up with the controller. It makes it awkward when trying to shoot or slice targets because your weapon isn't where it should be. It really breaks the immersion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency

Receiving duplicate Home items/decoration should move them to the top when sorting by recency
    Currently if I have an item and get another one, it stays in the old location in All items, sorted by Newest. It should be based on the most recent version of that item, not the original. That way I could easily see/place all the new items I get, regardless of if I had some of them before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the bug with games vanishing from Home, and add a way to re-add games.

Please enable/add the basic functionality of being able to re-add non-Oculus purchased games/apps to Home if they are removed, especially since Home is bugged and sometimes removes games/apps without the user requesting this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Minimal/Developer Mode

The Home area is pretty cool until you are trying to do some work or frequently exiting a game/app.

When trying to work with Unreal for testing quick things every time I exit I get the home loading up sounds and animations. This gets real annoying when you are frequently testing and closing the test window.

Also in games like Assetto Corsa where you have to go back to desktop to select another car loading up home every time is a real pain. Not to mention it probably can use up memory for the track the game is using to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The "Sanctum of the Cats" painting is the wrong aspect ratio.

There are black borders at the top and bottom where it doesnt fit inside the frame.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. release objecst in our base were objects are selected from if we loose them

give us a way to release an achievement or object if it gets stuck behind a wall or the floor. I had assets that were on top of another it was a cartridge on a rug. I picked the rug up by mistake and I tilted the larger asset (rug) half way into the floor, once I regraded the rug later to move it, the cartridge that was on the furthest corner under the floor is now stuck under the floor and I have no way to get to it? I only had one and it will not respawn in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add optional teleport release button

I find it difficult to release the joystick without bumping the desired location and orientation. If we could just squeeze the trigger instead, I think it will be easier to relocate accurately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base