Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Ability to share files or photos in home

With the addition of guests in your home, it would be good to be able to share files/photo with quests you have in your home, and they have the ability to save the file locally to their PC.

I have some old photos of me and my friend that I would like to be able to "pass to him" in VR and he should have the ability to save them locally on his PC.

This would be a very useful Social interaction ability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize any object

There are many objects that I would love in a bigger or a smaller size. This is not possible natively in Home, which is a shame.
    Resizing an object is a basic thing in programming, it shouldn't be hard to do!
    I suggest you do it like Oculus Medium : when holding an object, pressing the grip of the second controller and spreading the arms (or, on the contrary, bringing them closer) change the size of the object.
    This control is basic, natural, and implemented in many other apps.

Thank you!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Widescreen Arcade Special Item

Widescreen Arcade Special Item
    I am loving the 4:3 arcade machines that you have added, but I think it would be great to also have 16:9/widescreen machines for more recent games (Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, DBFZ, etc). Even if they used the same skins and height as that ones that are currently available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. guest book shows past visitors as well as current guests.

In the new home social menu on the wrist watch, the guest book feature only shows current guests in the room with you at that moment (at least I think) but it'd be nice to know whose been to the room in the past in case you forget a username or something.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. be able to upgrade your items and have different modals

This would be good so that you can have different types of the same items for example with the headset that you can put on to enter the game, at the moment it is just Oculus but it would be cool if it could also be the ready player one or start off with a wire and you upgrade to wireless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. have in games wearable rewards

be able to unlock wearable gifts such as the spiderman web shooters as well as much more like the robo recall skin for example

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. be able to make it like you are in real life but with a AR headset

It would be cool to be able to get in the gifts actual gadgets such as the Microsoft hololens and various smart gadgets like Alexa, also a prominent voice recognition software would be good too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow windows apps to be pinned to screens

Allow other windows apps (Pandora, plex, etc...) To be pinned to the new screens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Oculus Gallery, a new Oculus Home space to place your sculpts/*paintings

I'm testing exporting my Oculus Medium sculpts to Oculus Home, It's great and easy but there is a big problem, there are no home options for light control.
    The light totally changes the perception and details of the sculpture https://imgur.com/a/TbbSByA, even more the digital sculpts because of the normals and shaders.
    My suggestion is to add a new type of home, specifically to serve as a gallery.
    In this gallery, by default no light (other than the ambient) is set (having option to control the intensity and who knows color day time of the ambient light).
    Additional lights and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. combine with facebook spaces

like in facebook spaces have the ability to call people from the home and have pens and more so that you can facetime people from the home whenever this is especially useful when you are waiting for an update or download.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Real Keyboard & Mouse projection

I would like to have a Live WEB Camera facing down to display my real keyboard and mouse on the real table.

Then I would like to display that image on a virtual table surface in VR and/or below the desktop screen when looking down as an option!

This would simplify finding the keyboard and place your hands correctly on keyboard and mouse when needing to use them typing/playing etc.

Live Image should be possible to be dimmed / transparent.
    (Masking out original table / mousepad from an image)
    It could be low res using slow FPS to not consume…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Monitoring Work place & environment

Would like to have a tech room / environment, where you could have a company NOC, monitoring system and network status!

With on wall screens that can be customized to display VLC/RDP sessions, different WEB pages that are refreshed at an regular interval.

VT terminal emulator sessions would also be nice.

/J

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make the home a home in a whole world like 'ready player one'

take the oasis game in steam inspired by 'ready player one' and combine it with the home and dash technology and you can use gestures and the oculus buttons to make a more immersive experience, like this you can collect coins, meet friends and do more like go to bars or build a workshop, this means that you choose what you do. Eventually, you could make worlds for different games and the more games you get the more worlds you unlock so instead of loading into games you just fly (or teleport) to any planet where your game takes place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Larger TV Screen !

The current tv screens require u to be quite close to see clearly. For movie viewing with multiplayer, we need a TV at least 2X the size of the current ones. Something that can be viewed from a distance. Thank you

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to upload a short clip or moving images (Possibly with sound) and hang it on the wall or something so others can see it.

I think it will be great to make Home more personal. Because currently, all items are common to everyone (except manual model impots but not all can make them). A short clip hanging on the wall could be amazing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Launch Applications with Dev-provided Place-able Objects

As a game developer, I would like to be able to submit a 3D model with my app that owners of my game can place in their homes, which also let them launch my game with their friends. For instance, the object could be a chess board, or a snow globe with a representation of my game world, or a figurine.
    Then players could walk up to the object and be prompted to play my game with coordinated launch/deep linking/etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep new embedded dash panels unlocked

I like the new screens (TV, game console, etc) which allow us to embed windows. However, everytime I start the system, they forget what I had embedded. This is made more painful because I have to go into the configuration and unlock the home setup before I am able to re-embed their respective content. So for a quick fix, allow us to embed content even if Oculus home is locked. Long term, work out a way that it can remember the content between power cycles.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rename you rooms?

Can we rename our rooms?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make cursour visible in the embeded windows in your home.

right now, mouse coursor isn't visible in windows embeded in the home. tested with all of the screens

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Home - Basic pre-sets for starters

I would like to see basic pre-sets, which can then be tweaked in terms of floor and decor.
    (unfortunately not all are creative or are limited by time!)

Basic start points:
    - office room
    - student bedroom
    - luxury loft
    - grand bookshelf lined, with large fireplace (Batman mansion type)
    - trading room -multi screen setup
    - etc

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories