Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Options, options, options!

We should have native option to disable/enable Oculus Desktop app from loading when using i.e. SteamVR. Also we should have option to disable Home 2 environment from loading while the Dash also should have option to be on in that empty environment and in games if needed.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access to source 3D assets of existing environments/cosmetics?

Having access to the source materials and textures used in the stock environments would allow easier creation of custom imported objects that blend seamlessly with the existing floors, walls, etc of the scene. For example: False walls, doorways, broken pillars, protruding deformations on existing walls, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please revert the Social/Item Placement window to the previous separate Windows

What used to happen: Tap wrist to open the "Social" window which you can throw around, place anywhere in 3D space. Tap left Menu button to open the "Item placement" screen which can be adjusted to place anywhere on 3D Space.

What happens now: Both of these windows are merged into an UNMOVABLE one window, it is always huge, and slightly to your left with 0 ways to adjust the height, size, or placement. It is fairly annoying when trying to place items. Please revert it back to smaller, adjustable windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4:3 CRT Monitor

Is there any chance of getting a more traditional 4:3 crt monitor? Like, a generic one from the 90's. I think it could make playing old PC games in the home a lot more immersive. There is the "retro monitor" now, but that one feels closer to maybe a c64 and not what I would want to play say...Doom, Deus Ex, Quake, etc on. Something about the shape of the current one feels a bit off, and the Retro TV is a different aspect ratio =\

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dynamic objects held by one avatar, should be visible for all other visiting avatars

Interactive objects held by one avatar, should be visible for all other visiting avatars. Currently I noticed that when someone is visiting my home, and I grab a dynamic object like a ball, or a book, the other avatar cannot see that I have that object in my hands. Same when the other avatar picks up an item, I cannot see it. I am NOT talking about editing the room, but playing with the dynamic objects, like bow/arrows, balls, books etc.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. import interactive

Allow import / creation of custom objects that can be interacted with. Right now, any imported object is static (expect it can have animation in it). I would like to be able to import an object that starts to animate whenever I grab it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Home Item generation more intelligent

Right now it seems that the item generation for Home artifacts is completely random, and does not take into account what is already in your possession.

This is fine when a user's collection of items is low, but as the user's library grows it creates a situation where they are more likely to get items that they already have from the random pull.

I suggest keeping the completely random pull for some subset of the draw (90%?), but for a smaller subset ensure that the pool from which the Home item is pulled is made up of only items that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Go Users to Visit my Room

I have a few friends who have Oculus Go. I also have a brother who I bought a Go for for his birthday. I have a Rift.

We can do party calls. But I can not visit their Oculus Rooms Home and they can not visit my Rift Core Beta 2.0 Home either. If anything It would be amazing to have the ability to visit each other using our native platforms (or at least one or the other, where they can visit me or I could visit their spaces).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make achievements smaller, or scalable

the achievement plaques are now way to display multiple achievements or make any kind of trophy case for them. it would be nice of they would be the size of a postcard or make them scalable so we can decide our selves how and where to display them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix multiplayer issues and also make the multiplayer more interactive

Finally we get multiplayer, but other than talking there's nothing you can do.

-Items picked up by one individual can't been seen by anyone else. i.e if someone picks up a bow no one else can see it in their hands and the bow will still appear to be in its original location, so you can't do target shooting, basketball etc as each person only sees their own object interactions.

-Watching the TV seems to have issues also. All players can see it, but so far ( and we've tried in multiple homes) only the host seems able to hear…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. display problem in Home

Oculus tech support is working on this, but they suggested I also post it here.About as month ago when in Home (beta), the left Touch controller permanently displayed the hovering "press the menu button to open tray" message. This did not go away and was very distracting. I contacted tech support, who had me reboot, then log out of Oculus and log back in, then switch Touch batteries, and finally do a reinstall/repair of the Oculus drivers. This last suggestion fixed the issue. But a few days ago, the issue returned, and the repair thing does not fix it. A…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Home performance recently just tanked

Is it just me? I used to have no problems with Home. But with one of the recent updates the performance just went waaaay down. I used to have 3 green dots and no dropouts. Now it's between yellow and red and sometimes the flickering is every other second. I have a generally beefy computer with a nvidia 1080 , more ram than I need for heavy 4K video editing and other stuff. I regularly max out settings in games. But rececently Home is almost unuseable.

Amd it just came from one playing session to the next it feels like,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Oh also if you could grab Arrows after they stick in things that would be neat

I keep shooting arrows around in my house and although they disappear eventually, it would be cool if I could grab them and dislodge them from what they are stuck in

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A Few Add Ons

1.) Ability to broadcast from desktop to all display screens in your Oculus home simultaneously
    2.) A small scoreboard for the basketball hoop.
    3.) A small bowling lane option with score board
    4.) Dart boards and the ability to play cards and other like games with friends.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Walk in the enviroments!

I'm not saying a whole planet or any thing like that, but it would be nice depending on the environment you choose for your home that you are currently in, there would be an elevator/ door that would take you to a common area themed to your Background.

A Space Station with a huge observatory for the space environment,

A high tech mall for the for the futuristic city environment,

A valley of flowers with a small town with the mountain environment

Access to the docks and ships for the Docks environment.

You could add a few activities people could…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. reset button to get all the objects back into the inventory

When messing around in the oculus home, resetting and even deleting homes some objects don't go back into the inventory and seem to be permantently lost. (Quantity of some objects stays zero.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Crafting/Engineering for Extra Special Rewards..

The current system for loot is great and beats the ever lovin' bejuzus out of waiting a week for a raid to unlock for another ***** at that item you just can't get, but how about some cool animated gadgets like WoW's engineering stuff for our homes, BUT, you need to gather mats to create them?. If we could trade items, with other folks that'd be an awesome way of socializing and meeting up with like minded folks, especially if you could break down stock items for the parts you need for that extra special, uuuugh "rocket boots?" - parachute…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slideshow Picture Frame!!

I'd kill for a scalable slideshow picture frame!!, it's honestly all I bother to use my home TV for, but I have to make it full screen and couldn't use it for anything else if I wanted to, but if we had a folder (or 2/3) we could drop images into like the import folder and display pictures to different frames on say an hourly rotation, we could have an awesome art gallery in our homes!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Desperate Need of more Interactive/Social Objects!!

We could definitely use either some more animated objects for our homes or better yet some interactive options, the current ones are Awesome, but they're very much a solo affair, ie: Boomerang, Blimp.. yeah sure a couple people or more could stand around putting golf balls, but the novelty is going to lose it's shine rather quickly, how about some virtual pets even, or random critters in the environments!?..

Just some random game Ideas off the top of my head:
    - Chess
    - Ping Pong Table
    - Pool Table
    - Dart Board
    - Card Games, (poker, gin rummy, bloody Snap…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shelving / Display Cabinets or Cubby Holes..

Thanks to the import option now available in 2.0 my home is overflowing with awesome new goodies but it's kind of a bummer to be importing cabinets to display them, when ever I go to the Oculus Store I see all the cubby holes lining the walls and think if only they'd given us some of those assets =/ would make a big difference for peoples homes in my opinion..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base