Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Virtual Assistant

I feel like it might be really cool to have a custom virtual assistant. Maybe even one we could program ourselves to automate different things we might do.

Me: arrives at home
    AI: "Welcome home, sir."
    Me: "Thank you. Please play my new playlist."
    AI: "Of course." starts playing music

Me: "What's the weather like?"
    AI: Holograms on wall show
    AI: "It is currently 40 degrees outside, don't forget a coat."

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stereo 3D Oculus Go Home

It feels oddly bad for no stereo depth in oculus go home, no matter which ever environment is chosen the flatness of sphere and lack of true stereo depth hurts, oculus must find way to provide proper stereo 3D home, interactive or not may be ok but at least a true stereo space as home environment is good idea for otherwise great device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Christmas Tree

Any chance we could get a Christmas tree and some Christmas decorations before Christmas? I know this is not something EVERYBODY would want, but it would be a nice seasonal addition for our homes.

I am loving the new update so much! Thanks for all the hard work!

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A whiteboard you can draw on

And even better if you can pin notes and images (from hard drive, google drive etc, Quill, Tilt Brush etc etc)

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let us use the quests home UI

Please let us use the light, simple and uncluttered UI of the quest home on the rift platform, let us have this as an option in the software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1.39 to disable brown hands in pass-through mode!!!

It's horrible! How to return the usual through view of the cameras without these disgusting hands?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DAY/NIGHT mode and dynamic light objects (LAMPS, SPOTLIGHTS ETC)

Would love to be able to turn the lights down in my room to make it cozy and relaxing. Have light-emitting objects sections such as lights, desk lamps, laser etc Option to make DAY/NIGHT or sync to the local clock. I think it would add to the immersion! Fantastic work so far dev team! Really enjoying making my room!

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In the Home screen, if you knock the Blaster off the edge of the room, it's gone forever, and you can't get it back. Can you change that?

In the Home screen, if you knock the Blaster off the edge of the room, it's gone forever, and you can't get it back. Can you change that? It is a fun capability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. errore grammaticale grave home

errore grammaticale nella home page oculus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Avatars

get some feedback from fashionable people for hats / clothes and hair/beard styles for the oculus home avatars. Because the pirate hats and all the goofy options REALLY DO NOT CUT IT.... Also from a marketing perspective the avatar is the most important thing to get right. You want your users to "feel good about who they are" when they're in VR. It should be an identity to escape to that's BETTER than your real world identity. There's nothing more flattering or offputting to consumers than that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Online Friends Lobby as your Primary Home

Make Online Friends Lobby as your Primary Home as an obvious method of seeing who is online and chatting with them for various social interactions and invites to games.
    The idea of User Homes is going to get very dull fast. Why have to invite friends or have them suddenly enter your home and nobody is ready to see them. It gets to be a kinda ok let's always meet up at their house as they are the alpha geek!
    PokerStars VR has already set the standard for a Lobby of all players and even added tons of daft objects…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lock Objects Individually

Being able to lock objects individually so they cannot be dragged around or picked up or anything unless you unlock it again.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic objects held by one avatar, should be visible for all other visiting avatars

Interactive objects held by one avatar, should be visible for all other visiting avatars. Currently I noticed that when someone is visiting my home, and I grab a dynamic object like a ball, or a book, the other avatar cannot see that I have that object in my hands. Same when the other avatar picks up an item, I cannot see it. I am NOT talking about editing the room, but playing with the dynamic objects, like bow/arrows, balls, books etc.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple Smooth Locomotion Presets in Home Settings

We all have a different style of locomotion that we like the most.
    Some people like Onward's locomotion style more, some people like quick turn 45 degree strafing-enabled Rec Room walking style movement, some like Lone Echo style movement and some like teleporting (and we all know Robo Recall is the best at that!) As a hub for all VR players, Home should set an example of how games and experiences can support all movement types, and therefore, all players. I'd love to see Oculus support all of these movement types (besides maybe Lone Echo, since there is gravity in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Walk in the enviroments!

I'm not saying a whole planet or any thing like that, but it would be nice depending on the environment you choose for your home that you are currently in, there would be an elevator/ door that would take you to a common area themed to your Background.

A Space Station with a huge observatory for the space environment,

A high tech mall for the for the futuristic city environment,

A valley of flowers with a small town with the mountain environment

Access to the docks and ships for the Docks environment.

You could add a few activities people could…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Additional environments!

I know some people have requested specific environments, but I'd be happy with whatever you created. I love the ones you have now, and new ones are what I'd look forward to the most. Underwater, old west, microscopic, Las Vegas, inside a PC, baseball game, movie lot, the possibilities are endless!

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display Oculus Home in a desktop window as well

When recording VR it is always a problem to get the best view of everything. Oculus has Oculus Mirror.. which only shows part of what you see in your HMD so that it fits a 16:9 screen. At first I thought some way had been found to show all of the VR view by mixing the two eyes somehow, but then I noticed reviewing the video how much of the view was missing.

So the best option has always been if the game has a separate window for the desktop, so that you can record this window, rendering what you…

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Go Users to Visit my Room

I have a few friends who have Oculus Go. I also have a brother who I bought a Go for for his birthday. I have a Rift.

We can do party calls. But I can not visit their Oculus Rooms Home and they can not visit my Rift Core Beta 2.0 Home either. If anything It would be amazing to have the ability to visit each other using our native platforms (or at least one or the other, where they can visit me or I could visit their spaces).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base