Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Customize Home Avatar Hands (Skin / WHITE GLOVE / Cyber options maybe)

Hello!
    I recently bought a Rift S and have been using it for a few days now. However, I haven't been connected to the internet until today. When I connected and used the Oculus Home, I noticed that my hands changed from white (like gloves / hologram) to a fleshy pinkish that persist even when back offline. How do I revert / edit my hand appearance? I'm probably missing something but I didn't see it in the avatar mirror.
    I included a screenshot of the fleshy hands as comparison with the white hands I want back.

This is my screenshot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A local home

It would be possible to have a home that is completely independent of the internet. A home that is private and nothing in it is uploaded to the Internet. For now, each item is uploaded to the internet for the sake of sharing the place with others, but it would be better if it were 100% independent. It is also good to repair because there are no stable surfaces in the present. If you place an object, it may be on the floor, not on it. It is so difficult to arrange the items correctly. It wasn't like that before.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

732 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

4. Panel pullout exclamation mark

The headline says it. at first the panels were only pullable from 1st monitor and 2nd one gave instant exclamation mark. Now the panel pullout isn't working from the 1st monitor either? The virtual desktop works itself though and can be pinned normally, only the windows' can't be pulled out with the instant exclamation mark. So, please fix this, it didn't work on 1.38 version either, while 1.39 worked like a charm.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple broadcasts on Home movie/tv-screens and fix for the multiple monitor window pinning

If i put broadcast to my widescreen movie screen in Home, i can't add another broadcast to other screens i.e. wall screen. We need more sources at a same time than just one.

Also, the pinning of the windows's doesn't work from the virtual desktop. When tried i.e. from the 2nd monitor, it only produces yellow oval with exclamation mark every time while pinning the whole display works.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a way to test external 3D objects BEFORE importing them. Or gine an option to REMOVE definitely unwanted/unworking objects.

I imported some objects into my home.
    Unfortunately some imported objects didn't work well, so I decided to remove them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory, but I still can see them into the home imported objects list.
    The issue is -- not all the external objects seem to work.
    Some of them didn't work at all: in this case, you will see them in the Imported Objects List shown as a Red Sign. Then you can simply delete them from the [...]\Oculus Home_Import\ExampleUGC directory and they are gone. Ok.
    Some other objects have a difefrent behaviour: they ARE listed into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add prize box rewards for spending time in Oculus Home, not just in other Apps/Games.

Currently time spent in Oculus Home does not earn you prize box rewards... increasingly, Home is becoming a social hub where I meet people, meet up with friends, share ideas and home designs, even watch videos and play little Home-created mini games. However no prize rewards are giving for the time we spend hanging out in Home, we only get prizes boxes for launching into other apps. Give Home the credit it deserves, and offer rewards for it just like other apps.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom imported objects was an awesome update! Now let us share them with others.

Finally allowing us to create and import custom made objects into home was a great step into making our VR homes truly unique. Now you should add some sort of community section for sharing those objects. Some people aren't that technically inclined/artistic or simply don't have time for the hours of work it takes, but allowing them to easily download awesome content from other users who are and do is a must. Personally I'd love to share some of the objects I've made already with other users. Like Longclaw (jon snows sword from GOT) and I'd love to see what…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow games from Unknown Sources (Steam) as Cartridges and Boxes

Adding to that, allow us to add game images (StoreAssets) to said Steam games from the desktop app.

508 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase upload limit, and a external importer for objects and scenes

Increase the upload limit to alot higher.

add and external object importer to add scripts, lights, animations, logic, object type(static, physics, etc.), etc.

i mostly care about the file size, i made a not super detailed but more then im allowed world, inspired from a game, which i would love to use

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dim the lights in Rift Home

The lights in Home 2.0 are too bright to comfortably watch TV with the broadcast feature. Would like to be able to dim the lights.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't force software updates, especially if the person lacks disc space for an update,

I don't have enough disc space to update my Oculus software and am locked out of my content with a "Critical Message- an Oculus update could not be installed "Is there a workaround?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rainy weather

Home - current weather is pleasant. It would be good to see/choose varying weather conditions:
    -rain dripping down the windows
    -snowing..
    -stormy
    -seasonal effects
    -sun/moon cycle..depending on your local time

457 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pets with AI

Would be great to have pets to play with, like dogs, cats, monkeys, parrots, etc.

427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The Oculus Neighborhood

While my friend and I were messing around in Oculus Home, he had the idea that it would be cool to have an “oculus neighborhood”, where you can step outside onto a street or something and see your friends’ (and other public) homes.
    Even if it would require downloading an external oculus app for this to be an attachment to Oculus home, that would be a fun and exciting feature that would make Oculus feel even more connected than it currently is

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Options, options, options!

We should have native option to disable/enable Oculus Desktop app from loading when using i.e. SteamVR. Also we should have option to disable Home 2 environment from loading while the Dash also should have option to be on in that empty environment and in games if needed.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Rec-room strafing style free locomotion to Home

I know lots of people have asked for strafing in the locomotion options, and honestly it's appalling to me that this feature (such a simple feature, if you ask me) hasn't been added yet, so I'm here to give some advice for the Home devs on what game specifically to look at for a solid example of what to do. Rec room. Now I know, Home is UE4 and Rec Room is Unity, but I myself took Rec Room's snap turning, strafe-enabled locomotion style and ported it over to a Robo Recall mod which lets you run around the city…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search Bar in Home Menus

I frequently have items I reuse when making new Home environments, but the long lists due to excessive amounts of items in the menus (along with no scroll bars) mean that I have to wait for the slow scroll of the joystick being down to happenstance over the item I need. since the Oculus keyboard works so well now, I'd love to see more search bars integrated in more places in Oculus Home, but especially in the in-VR Home menus for items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add the option to play SEATED!!!!

I really cannot play Rift S standing for more than 10-20 minutes (I have an health problem to my right leg) and I can play only few games while having the feeling to be standing. If I seat, many games show myself in the VR tall like a midget because I am seated to my chair. The problem is the guardian set up, I have to touch the ground with my controller. Why there is no option to set um my height manually? I don't like to be tall as my table in my Oculus home. The only game I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base