Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Let me play Steam VR Games without the performance hungry device known as Oculus app running in the background.

Don't know about you... but whenever I play any steam vr game (which I do much more often than oculus), it takes up about 26% of my cpu, and a decent chunk of my memory. All I really want is a way to play GORN without my cpu ******** itself, due to the oculus app. Make it less performance hungry, or just an option to make it gone in general.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give us an option to go back to home 1.0 (classic)

Ever since I updated to rift core 2.0 I have had tracking issues and performance issues in games, I propose that we should get the option to get the 'choose what we use' in the options menu, and for people who have just installed oculus, they can see which one looks better for them when setting up rift.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let Friends Help Decorate Your Home

My brother just bought a rift and we are really enjoying playing together! Here’s the story: he told me he was going to take a break and decorate his home, so I asked him if he could invite me so I could help. I made my home very nice so o wanted to help him choose objects and show him good places to put things...etc. after getting into his home, he couldn’t even move the furniture himself!

I think there needs to be a “home decor” mode or something where you can give permissions to certain friends to help build…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings (with strafing)

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

689 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all – we’re marking this idea as started, as joystick locomotion was implemented in a previous software update. However, from the comments, it is clear that this idea has morphed a bit to include the specific request of strafing being included in the control scheme. I’ve updated the idea title to include the request for strafing controls. Thanks!

7. Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Non-Human Avatar Options

The best part of VR is escaping my boring human existence... so why do I still have to look like a human? I can never even make the human avatar look like ME anyways, and it drives me crazy.

Robots, Monsters, Animal-People, all would be great to have as avatar options.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text Messages

Please give us the possibility to send text messages to our friends. Not always they are online or if they are online may be can't receive a call. Having the possibility to send text messages when they are online or offline would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cable extension options

As of right now me and my roommate both really want to use the a rift s, but our rigs are close together so to make this even viable for either of us we would need more then four metres of cable so that he and I can both use the rift s in a confortable play erea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom imported objects was an awesome update! Now let us share them with others.

Finally allowing us to create and import custom made objects into home was a great step into making our VR homes truly unique. Now you should add some sort of community section for sharing those objects. Some people aren't that technically inclined/artistic or simply don't have time for the hours of work it takes, but allowing them to easily download awesome content from other users who are and do is a must. Personally I'd love to share some of the objects I've made already with other users. Like Longclaw (jon snows sword from GOT) and I'd love to see what…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add prize box rewards for spending time in Oculus Home, not just in other Apps/Games.

Currently time spent in Oculus Home does not earn you prize box rewards... increasingly, Home is becoming a social hub where I meet people, meet up with friends, share ideas and home designs, even watch videos and play little Home-created mini games. However no prize rewards are giving for the time we spend hanging out in Home, we only get prizes boxes for launching into other apps. Give Home the credit it deserves, and offer rewards for it just like other apps.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow games from Unknown Sources (Steam) as Cartridges and Boxes

Adding to that, allow us to add game images (StoreAssets) to said Steam games from the desktop app.

447 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Oculus Neighborhood

While my friend and I were messing around in Oculus Home, he had the idea that it would be cool to have an “oculus neighborhood”, where you can step outside onto a street or something and see your friends’ (and other public) homes.
    Even if it would require downloading an external oculus app for this to be an attachment to Oculus home, that would be a fun and exciting feature that would make Oculus feel even more connected than it currently is

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make "you have received new reward items" popup possible to disable

Popup now shows up no matter what you are doing. I don't care about the items, I don't need the distraction and it also seems to make other apps/games laggy while it's open.

A setting to simply disable it would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. disable oculus home notifications

I find the notifications about having earned items etc. in oculus home to be intrusive (I don't use oculus home at all and am not interested in it, and even if I was, I wouldn't want to know every single time oculus decided I warranted a new item) and I can't find any way to disable them. The notifications completely break immersion on sensory games and distract significantly in action games, so yeah. Please include an option to completely avoid them coming up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dim the lights in Rift Home

The lights in Home 2.0 are too bright to comfortably watch TV with the broadcast feature. Would like to be able to dim the lights.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App in the Home to read text messages from your phone

A simple In-Game App that is compatible with Android and iPhone that lets you hit the Oculus button while in game and read (and hopefully reply) Text messages without having to remove the headset.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rainy weather

Home - current weather is pleasant. It would be good to see/choose varying weather conditions:
    -rain dripping down the windows
    -snowing..
    -stormy
    -seasonal effects
    -sun/moon cycle..depending on your local time

399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make an offline installer and allow it to use it offline

Here where i live internet is really slow and expensive sometimes even you cant access it, so oculus becomes a useless piece of hardware collecting dust if you dont have internet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base