Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Don't require Facebook for social features

Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decidion. I will not allow my children to be exposed thru Facebook so you can make a few pennies in marketing kickbacks. We will never participate in an Oculus social media again and I will actively campaign online against you from this point on.

2,292 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

133 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Home Whiteboard similar to HL:Alyx

Add interactive whiteboards to Oculus Home.
    Great for Recording / Interactive Games with guests etc

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off computer doesn't meet minimum system requirements.

This has been an issue for years, but can we have a way of turning off the giant warning message in headset that says "Your computer doesn't meet minimum system requirements..." It's distracting from the overall user experience and frankly just rude.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let me play Steam VR Games without the performance hungry device known as Oculus app running in the background.

Don't know about you... but whenever I play any steam vr game (which I do much more often than oculus), it takes up about 26% of my cpu, and a decent chunk of my memory. All I really want is a way to play GORN without my cpu ******** itself, due to the oculus app. Make it less performance hungry, or just an option to make it gone in general.

328 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove "PC does not meet requirements" Notification in vr home

Please allow us to remove or hide the annoying "Your PC does not meet minimum requirements" notification from the vr view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HDMI Support, + Nvidia GTX 1650 Max Q GPU support

i was hoping that we could have an HDMI supported connection aswell as Nvidia GTX 1650 Max Q GPU, i had spoken to aaron enoch over on oculus support and he kindly suggested that i speak out here to hopfully be able to do that as i would really love to have my own oculus Virtual Reality headset that connects to my laptop , sadly my laptop only has an HDMI Output and Nvidia GTX 1650 Max Q , i really hope that your company would be albe to make an HDMI compatable headset or have one of your current…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to opt out of new "lifelike avatars"

I recently accidentally clicked on this mirror that had appeared in my home (entirely unsolicited) which is an interface for setting up a new "life-like" avatar. The issue is that as soon as I clicked on the mirror a new randomized avatar was created and forced on me. I do not want this avatar, I do not want ANY of the new "life-like" customizable avatar; I want the old "ghost hands" default back. There appears to be no option to undo this change, but I absolutely hate the new avatars, they're deeply annoying.

Please allow the option to disable the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ok, lets try this again...

I have already left a message once, now that I am reading into the ant+ standard and figuring out the components of the touch controller , I am hoping to start disecting the firmware depending on what programmer I need and when I get the parts to do it. The same chip exists in al three devices and the controllers could be used independantly with a firmware update. If you have no interest fine, but people have a right to repair, and considering that they can be purchased seperately, I think your business model is unfair. If I want to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to set "pass-through" mode as default home environment, just like in Oculus Quest (1 and 2).

Using the oculus virtual home would be great for productivity work if able to keep a general sense of actual surroundings. In this way, the user can experience an Augmented Reality type of workflow with virtual desktops, browsers, etc. while also able to freely navigate the physical space without the need to remove the headset.

I've used Microsoft HoloLens and loved the potential, but the screens were more difficult for me to see albeit with an unobstructed view of the real world. I would rather have better quality screens at the expense of real-world detail, and I realize this is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. im being involved in your program wnd i dont wany to. tracy blanton 7349057058

whybare they able to put me in something i didnt agree to

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Home Improvements for work and leisure - books, screens and dimming lights

I've use my rift mainly for the Home app rather than any games. Sitting in my VR office while I work is great... I'd love to see this improved:

• Light dimming: When trying to focus or relax and watch a film, the light is way to bright.

• Better Virtual Desktop: In order to work, I have to press the oculus button and use the virtual desktop... meaning I am now unable to walk around the home. If I try the broadcast screen from the inventory, i cannot interact with them and I can only have 1!

A better way to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hand & Face Skin Types (Galaxy Skin!)

Please bring these skins back for your hands! This is a current photo I took today! (3/30/20) So I know they are in your system. That's my friend's hands. My hands used to be just like this but red. Then I pulled out that stupid Avatar Editor and it forever changed my options to normal human skin types. I want the UNREAL in VR. I dont want normal. Common! Its not hard. I loved looking down and seeing a galaxy in my hands. THAT IS WHAT VR IS ABOUT! Not some pasty skin flesh. Upvote this friends!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add dice (including 20 sides for some D&D inside your home

add dice (including 20 sided for some D&D inside your home)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow users to upload custom avatars

I would like for Oculus to implement the option to use a completely custom avatar that the user uploads themselves, similar to how uploading a home or prop works.

There are a few platforms that already allow this: VRChat, High Fidelity, Sansar, Mozilla Hubs, Sinespace, etc. It's also the standard of any 2D social platform(Facebook, Twitter) to let users upload profile pictures, which serve as avatars. It's an essential feature that allows people to express themselves much more than the current avatars allow.

Personally, the Oculus default avatars don't do it for me, and they probably never will. I don't…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Look, if you're not going to keep the Oculus Rift S stocked in stores, then at least let us pre-order them for when they come in stock!

If you're not going to keep the Oculus Rift S stocked in stores, then at least let us pre-order them for when they are back in stock! If not that, give us SOME idea of when they will be re-stocked! I'm going out of my mind here!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create an online questionnaire to help identify which product is right for the Customer, it is way too confusing

I am trying to figure out which product to choose and it is very complicated, I have no idea what I need and a questionnaire would be great if I could just answer some questions to help me with assessing what will be right for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create an online questionnaire to help identify which product is right for the Customer, it is way too confusing

I am trying to figure out which product to choose and it is very complicated, I have no idea what I need and a questionnaire would be great if I could just answer some questions to help me with assessing what will be right for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio

Have a option to disable the Oculus home background audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base