Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Open source the CV1

The DK1 and DK2 were each opensourced after they were discontinued. This has allowed people to continue repairing, modifying, and experimenting with them. They do things they would never do with their current headset.

As the CV1 is now discontinued and people are switching to the Rift S and Quest as their primary HMD, its time the CV1 is opensourced. This could open up a fresh wave of experimentation and modification to breathe more innovation into the still fledgling VR community. Additionally it will allow the community to find solutions to problems with their out of warranty CV1s to keep…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trackers like Vive

I want Trackers like Vive. Why doesn't Oculus have Trackers? https://www.vive.com/us/vive-tracker/

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sell Rift CV1 ribbon cables for repair.

So, the Rift CV1 has major faults following the ribbon cable that provides audio to the right earpiece, and back IR LEDs.

Considering that this part is so small, and ribbon cables tend to be widely available for other hardware that use them, such as Sony products (Products known for being a pain to repair (And you can actually still buy ribbon cables from them either way,)) I think that Oculus should sell ribbon cables online.

I'd immediately buy at least 4 units of that part.

I am not changing my Rift CV1 for a Rift S, and I don't…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multiple users/accounts for family members.. Family sharing.. If Apple can do it, so can you!

I can't believe it's 2020 and I (as a parent) can't download a game from Oculus and have separate game data/user accounts for my kids.. Completely unsat, and I'd likely not have purchased this headset if I knew about this glaring problem for families. If Apple (The mothership of software control) can figure out family sharing, so can you Oculus!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lower brightness of rift s helmet

I have much to you request add in settings slam Oculus opportunity lower brightness slam RIFT S.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide option to disable battery warnings. Don't take over full screen if battery is dead.

If playing a game that doesn't use a touch controller (racing simulators are the most common), if the touch controller batteries go critical it will take over your screen and ruin whatever game you are in the middle of. If a multiplayer game there is no pause option to just stop what you are doing and find/recharge the touch controller.

It's unnecessary to take over the screen if a battery is dead. If someone is actually using the touch controllers they will know it is dead. And if they aren't using the controllers you just destroyed their ability to play.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MAKE A KNUCKLES CONTROLLER FOR THE RIFT AND FUTURE HEADSETS

I believe that the next step in controllers for VR is the knuckles, since valve is already doing this. Why not Oculus?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix Locomtion Movement as Games use, Re-Centre with 2 Thumbsticks, make a ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY e.g. The Store, and any Room As Default.

You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
    1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME OR (new) ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading.
    2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe and the turning is a same rate of turn to other directions (2 Joysticks doing same things and using 2 Joysticks to turn slightly faster is just rubbish and has no strafe!)
    3. USING BOTH THUMB CLICKS should RECENTRE as that is the usual method everywhere else!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Foveated Rendering

Could we add the option for foveated rendering with the rift-s? This render mechanism is available with Turing based - gpu's and can greatly improve the frame rate within the vr environment by rendering the edge of the scene at a lower resolution than the centre.

This is generally unnoticeable in use, and with my setup, on a now defunct Pimax headset, turning on foveated rendering gave me an immediate 10fps frame increase at zero extra cost. That's got to be a winner!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop the rift s controllers from going to sleep when placed in a gun stock.

The controllers go to sleep almost immediately after being placed in a gunstock and require constant movement to keep them active. This is quite a ridiculous problem to have as a lot of users have gunstocks. Please give the option to users like myself that have rechargable batteries the option to turn of the battery saving features on the controllers so we can play first person shooters the way they were meant to be played.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Promote Rift S as much as you promote Quest.

I think Quest is getting more attention because people think they need a really beefy computer to run Rift S. A whole lot of people own gaming laptops and I think they don't know that Rift S will run fine on their laptops. I think that is also a fairly good point why the Rift S is not selling as good as the Quest. Rift S is a great headset and deserves more attention from you Oculus/Facebook.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Trade in discount

I have been recommended to post this by the support staff, Is there a chance in the future for a trade policy? If we give our old oculus rifts in with sensors controllers, to get a discount for the oculus rift s? maybe 50% off or 25% off?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smooth Curvature of Guardian Outline

I would be nice if Rift would smooth out the outline that we made to made the Guardian Cage a little more aesthetically pleasing. I know that every time I do mine there are some areas where I looked like I sneezed. Unfortunately, I do not have the steadiest of hands.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the RX 5600 XT to the supported hardware list.

Add the RX 5600 XT to the hardware whitelist. The card does not appear on the current whitelist and is more than capable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include support for Arab countries like Qatar

I've tried to buy the Rift S from the official website but it says the country I'm in is not supported which is really frustrating but I bought the Headset from Amazon and when I had an issue I tried to return the damaged one to Oculus and what they said to me is that my country isn't supported so they could not send a replacement to me

Why is none of the Arab countries supported? (Qatar,UAE,Saudi,Bahrain)?
    Why is it only the west and Europe? please do something about this issue it is very annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. They only accept for the quest!

You think you have the power to ask but it's a lie! They don't care about us.

They only accept the quest. we on Rift S are forgotten they do nothing and accept nothing! They don't do anything on the Rift S they don't even listen to their users

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. making features cross compatible for quest and rift s

I think it would be a good idea if we can get all the quest features on rift s aswell it’s my understanding that they was released on the same day and share very similar hardware I don’t see why the quest is given more attention than the rift s considering oculus claim the rift s to be the gold standard so if that’s the case why is quest getting everything and rift s owners are left with nothing just bug fixes seem to me u favour quest owners more than rift s owners pull your finger out oculus get…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

Allow rift S owner to run apps developed for the Quest

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. create a setup mode that is not for first timers setting up the system but for experienced users

Create a setup mode that is not for first timers setting up the system but for experienced users.
    When you move around a lot and have to set up your system often it takes a long time and it is annoying to do it as if it was your first time. An "Experience Setup" mode or option would have the same outcome but it would take a fraction of the time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatically update the oculus software

Do not update the oculus software automatically please.

Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base