Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Can i get a full refund. as i don't have a facebook account and i don't want a facebook account to play my oculus.

Give us all a full refund. No one wants a facebook account to play their rifts

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full finger tracking?

After the release of the valve index, and more importantly the knuckles controllers, what are your plans to meet this new bar?

I don't have anything in mind, just I would like something similar to the knuckles just not as large and cumbersome. More oculus. I think this would greatly increase support for your headsets as well as the already successful oculus quest as if you were to design the controller's, I would be compatible with the quest and rift s.

Actually, I have one idea... a tracking ring around the wrist, visible at almost all angles!

A complicated idea…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Let us turn off the vibration

I recently had a mishap with my Right Controller and it now causes the vibration to sound violent and makes it impossible to play games when the controller is constantly losing tracking. We should have an option to turn off the vibration as it doesn’t ruin our experience to lose tracking.

My controller works perfectly fine without the vibration so why should I have to pay $70 for a new controller when it’s such a tiny and fixable issue.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add hand tracking to Rift S

quest and rift s use the same tracking there'sno reason to not lol

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to adjust the vertical rotation (or allow for an offset) to allow players to lay down when gaming

It drives me nuts that I'll launch games that I'd love to lay down while I play. However currently if I lay down on my back, this causes me to look at the ceiling in most games without craning my neck. It'd be great to finally have an option to allow me to treat looking up as looking straight.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add possibility to pull straight lines from point to point while creating the guardian

kinda like the " line tool " in paint, if you know what I mean

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Focus more on the Rift platform

I purchased my Rift S a few weeks ago and I love it. I took me a long time to decide which of the 2 headsets to get (Rift S or Quest). I ended up on the Rift S because it was supposed to be the best headset for PC gaming and that was what I was going to use it for.

Ever since I bought it I've noticed that the Quest is the only headset that is getting good updates. In not too long, the Quest will have hand tracking. Not that this is essential, but it would be…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to change brightness/contrast/saturation of the Oculus Rift S

Some games on the Rift S are too bright and it would be great to be able to lower the brightness of the Rift S to increase comfortable playtime.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mac

Mac version please

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. extender

please make a USB and DisplayPort extender with an amplifier this way the signal won't be lost with extension and those who need to go further away from their pc can.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support VirtualLink

Newer graphics cards are supporting a standardized USB-C style Virtual Link port for power and video together. Would like Oculus to offer a new Rift S cable or adapter that supports this port, as a new standard.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offline Installer

Create an offline installer/driver of your oculus. Repairing it means redownloading everything and it takes long for people who doesn't have fast internet

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full body tracking!

I would love to see a good, pure oculus way to track the waist and legs. There are a lot more games that can utilize this feature, and maybe having some tracking modules would be the way to go.

You might already have this in the works, but I could find its, or you might not want to take it in that direction at all. But there is a large group, myself included, that would love this feature.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please do "Oculus Direct" to showcase up and coming exclusives and third-party titles

OC6 was amazing, but you need something for the consumers as well. Copy what Nintendo and Sony are doing with their pre-recorded videos that highlights coming exclusives and third-party titles. Get people talking, and get people who don't have a VR headset thinking about getting one.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Foam of the Rift S

It would be a good thing to be able to replace the Foam for some PU leather because the Foam is absorbing sweat and that's not really fun to pass between friends.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make an option for Guardian wall when close, floor line always on.

Like title says. Why are wall and line exclusive options? I'd love to have the line always on to know where I'm at, and the wall to come up when close. Right now we can only chose one or the other when neither is ideal

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Facebook account requirement - Selling my Oculus the second I can find an Index available.

Your lost, guys, requiring a FB account to operate my Rift is the tipping point. Not in a million years I'll sign for a FB account.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ASk for a Colaborating with Microsoft or Sony so the PS5 OR XBOX can Support oculus headsets

i know it wont ever happen but if it did it could bring more people to the ecosystem since not everyone likes pc

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option for Haptic Feedback

Please give an option to disable haptic feedback outright on the Oculus Rift S. I have an issue where any haptic feedback causes my to loose tracking until the vibration ends (not battery related) so if I could turn it off that would make my Rift S usable again. Until then it is not

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow toggle key for Guardian (Sim Racing)

When sim racing, the guardian grid is right in front of my face. I have to go into dash and disable it, but need to re-enable it if I'm playing a standing VR game. This requireIs me to go into settings. It's an annoyance.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base