Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Config settings local file

Allow a local configuration file that stores all Oculus app settings. Will allow for easier change to settings found in menus plus others like turning off guardian without loading the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the controllers by moving the battery spring to the bottom end.

Playing Beat Saber on Expert +, the controller will disappear during large swings. This is caused because the spring holding the battery in place is at the top of the controller battery compartment. Large, fast swings will cause the battery to compress the spring and lose contact at the bottom. The power briefly goes out and the controller drops from the game. If the spring was on the bottom end this would not happen. Other suggestions would be to add in a capacitor to hold charge if the battery was disconnected or as others suggested switch to a large rechargeable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make AR

I need to talk to someone about my many ideas to take you product line to the next level first.
    I have companion product ideas as well as oculus upgrade ideas to make it compatible with augmented reality environments and tasks.
    But I will need to talk someone and make a deal.

Shawn Petty
    480-258-3408

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To use the oculus pass through as AR, like for virtual virtual reality and for virtual desktop

So you can use Oculus Passthrough in like virtual virtual reality or in like Minecraft where you can put your Minecraft game on your wall like with the Microsoft Hollo Lens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Exclusivity

VR is great but there is one big problem with the oculus, VR exclusivity. Think about it, with the amount of people that actually have VR it's pretty ridiculous that the rift has so many exclusive games. It should be equal for everyone regardless of what headset you use. There are very few people who are gonna switch their decision on a headset based on a few games.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. account

It would be nice to be able to make some family or guest subaccounts under my main account and have them able to access my library of games. I sometimes will have friends over or let family members play on my Rift, but it would be nice to let them create their own username instead of using mine to avoid Oculus friends thinking I'm online and ignoring them. I usually have to set my settings to appear offline and let people know it's not me playing to avoid having invites sent.

With my old Nintendo Wii, we'd have one console,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include an option to reset games

Can you add some way to either reset whatever game you're playing back to the start from the Home/Dash, for those times when you've shown a friend your game before playing it yourself but actually want to play the thing from the start now, or basically make it a requirement that developers actually include this in their games by default, which really should be standard feature/option in pretty much every single game on every platform in this day and age.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include an option to reset games

Can you add some way to either reset whatever game you're playing back to the start from the Home/Dash, for those times when you've shown a friend your game before playing it yourself but actually want to play the thing from the start now, or basically make it a requirement that developers actually include this in their games by default, which really should be standard feature/option in pretty much every single game on every platform in this day and age.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. a button for each finger and more

You could never go wrong with more buttons. on the other hand, not having enough buttons is never a good thing. I think the new version of the touch controllers should have 2 buttons on the opposite side of the joysticks, mirroring the two buttons that are already there, and you should also give us 2 small triggers for the pinky and ring finger. Very thin ones that stick out a bit so you can easily rest your fingers between or beside them or put your finger on them and press them to experience full 5 finger support. In addition,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Separate volume for built in and external headphones

So the Rift S has the built in sound device. It's much quieter than using external IEMs, so when I plug or disconnect the IEMs I always have to remember to adjust the volume. If I don't, I may receive an unpleasant sound blast.

I think there should be two volume settings, one for internal and one for external. They can be consolidated into the same slider, too, as long as the Rift can auto detect the currently used device and adjust the volume automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. regolazione gamma

salve :vorrei porvi una questione ,ho notato che lo schermo e troppo luminoso e questo in alcuni giochi e un svantaggio ,vi chiedo e possibile
    fare una app per regolare la gamma o luminosita a mio piacimento.
    io la vr la apprezzato tramite psvr e qui i neri sono migliori

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VR shopping

I think VR shopping can be the next big thing, it would consist of a 360 view of a room and someone would design the color of walls or what furniture would look like in a house before buying it. I am currently a sales person in a car dealership and we are in a renovation. With a big building like that the construction companies could prefab a building to show the consumer what it would look like when finished so rather than just showing floor plans and pictures they would walk the consumer through the new project. Any building…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optionally add a recenter circle when you step outside of it.

I would like a guardian option to display a center point (or circle) when your not in the center of your room. I have 10x10 foot room. I like that I can move around, but often, trying to figure out where the center of the room is, I have to lift my hmd, or walk into a wall. I don't want the full guardian to popup... but just a dot on the floor or a circle on the floor... so when I want to recenter... I can, in game... without having to force the guardian up... or take my hmd…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. platform wide switch for left and right handed controls

The touch controllers are perfectly symmetrical. There's absolutely no reason why there couldn't be a setting in oculus home to mirror ANY games control scheme. So if the game says "A" Button, with the oculus home switch toggled it is now "X" button. There should never be a situation where a left handed person has to endure because of a right handed controller mapping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. guardian

When in game, 3d obstacles that are inside your forcefield should be layered on top of the forcefield. Lets say I'm playing CREED, the guy I'm fighting should be inside the forcefield with me. this helps for both safety and better gameplay experience as I will have a more realistic understanding of my placement inside my room. Right now the wall behind my opponent appears in front of my opponent giving the illusion that he's further away and bigger than he is while he's right in my face. see what I'm saying? I have no IT understanding but I hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Refunds

Make requesting a refund simple and clear. The steps described in the help page are not accurate, and contacting customer support only referred me back to the same documentation. This feels like a bad faith attempt to inundate users and limit the number of refund requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More first party games and apps

robo recall and oculus medium are amazing! oculus medium is so good and as for suggestion a longer game like robo recall would be great stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Freeze the image when headset off

Whenever we need to take off the headset (mostly in non full vr games) would be very convinient to have an option to freeze the screen. So no matter we move headset, the image keeps still in monitor.
    With this feature, the still image can be seen in desktop monitor, so we can write easier, read and copy from other apps, check data etc.. and when its done, return to vr.
    As an example, copy setups from web for driving games, check routes for flying or space games.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. El ecositema de Oculus para otros HMDs, que no sean de Oculus, tiene sentido

Buenos dias Oculus.

Desde el inicio de Oculus en su KickStarter apoye el proyecto y en 2016 adquiri la Oculus Rift cv1. Mi experiencia ha sido muy positiva, las cv 1 me fascinaron y por ahí en 2018 queria un upgrade de hardware y todos esperábamos las CV2... no salieron y con el tiempo salieron las Rift S y me ilusioné, hasta que vi sus carencias, la que mas, la falta de un ajuste de IPD mecanico o el sonido, entre otros. Yo entiendo ese movimiento y entiendo el porque de eso... ahora bien, me vi "obligado" a buscar alternativas…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make oculus a scientific tool

If the company gives some price discounts and tools to get the data from the sensors, scientific research could benefit a lot from it.
    Not only the researchers would have benefits, but the creation of a standard headset would be sold everywhere in the planet because we scientists always try to get the tools the most close possible from other papers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base