Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Maybe the greatest and simple Built-In Walking Solution?

Maybe I just thought of the greatest idea for VR!
    Maybe have a built-in option to virtually walk forward when your head moves up and down (imagine walking while staying in one spot) while a button on the controller is held down? It will kind of simulate you walking in real life while translating it into walking forward and reduce motion sickness while not adding additional hardware to the mix! - Aldrin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the Robot mics

Fix the stupid robot mics that oculus has yet to fix

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design Laptop Compatibility

I got a high-end laptop that in theory should be compatible but is not.
    It would be great if you could open up the minimum requirements to the high-end laptop market for you to sell too, having the oculus rift S run on my laptop will make the whole solution more mobile.
    I have attached a comparison table with your minimum requirements for the Rift S and my laptop.
    Please can you request that this be looked into to help you expand your compatibility with the hardware available in the market.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow a deal for those who own a Rift with a faulty cable, since it is nearly impossible to buy a new one.

The following is an email I sent to oculus support, not knowing that this site even existed.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:03:16 PM PDT

So I'm sure you already know what the issue is. I have sent in an email before about it, but today I propose a different idea.
    Yes. I know I am some random person on the internet and obviously know a lot less about business than probably everyone who works at oculus, but there is one thing I understand that you probably do as well. Public relations and ethics.

Before I continue, I am going to recap…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give users the option to disable VR turning on from proximity sensor/light sensor

I am aware that this issue has been posted before but I feel the issue has not been addressed.

The Issue:
    Oculus Home and the oculus program will enter into VR at times when users do not wish this to happen.

Reasons:
    while some people setups my not have these issues others do, some people may have their rift set up in areas that they can not control movement or bumping of the HMD such as people with cats or areas with changing lights it for this reason that I believe this issue should be addressed.

The Solution:
    The fix…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give users the option to disable VR turning on from proximity sensor/light sensor

I am aware that this issue has been posted before but I feel the issue has not been addressed.

The Issue:
    Oculus Home and the oculus program will enter into VR at times when users do not wish this to happen.

Reasons:
    while some people setups my not have these issues others do, some people may have their rift set up in areas that they can not control movement or bumping of the HMD such as people with cats or areas with changing lights it for this reason that I believe this issue should be addressed.

The Solution:
    The fix…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. better support and better qa and just in general more support for the device

my experience with support and rma so far has been horrid one of the worst experiences i have had with a company, the support is useless and i believe that is oculus fault with lack of training or whatever may be going on because these people seem like intelligent people but are stuck because of the resources occulus provides for them. From what i have seen there have been numerous accounts of people needing rma which leads to the point that there QA or manufacturing process is flawed and this is unacceptable for a product that you spend your hard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gtx 1650

Make it compatible for the laptop gtx 1650 for oculus rift and rift s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Poder borrar en la app apple computadoras registradas por formateo

Despues de formatear 2 computadoras en la app de apple quedan registradas las computadoras anteriores y no se pueden borrar ,,, Se deberian poder borrar para tener solo la computadora existente

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Motion compensation

Please implement a motion compensation option in your oculus software for motion simrig users. Pleeeeaaase.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. new better headset

I think that more seasoned VR players with better setups would appreciate a headset that is basically a rift s with the quest style of the head strap, a mechanical ipd, 90hz display, and outside-in tracking for the superior comfort while gaming and the best possible tracking experience. I think that people would even pay a premium for this better experience. It would also be cool to have hand tracking but that would probably have to be a future you pay extra for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please include more Blueprints and general support for VR development in Unreal Engine

Compared to Unity, Unreal Engine is getting much less love from Oculus.
    Please create more Blueprints for Oculus Platform services (Avatars, VoIP, DLC, hand tracking, etc) and include better tutorials and learning sources for these features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please give the Rift S some love!

Hi Oculus,
    I have been fighting issues with my Rift S for a while now and am waiting for my RMA to return in the mail. I have had problems that include robot mic, speakers popping, random loss of tracking, and, most annoyingly, constant headset crashing remedied only be restarting my PC.

Just so that you know: All of these issues spawned from and Oculus Software update that mainly had changes only for Oculus Quest Link. Please pass this on to your developers and let them know that they need to get these issues resolved, even if it is just…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can youplease make an update that detects the oculus rift s usb3.0 connections in shadow?

Matthijs Nihot

31 May 2020, 20:53:04 WEST

Can youplease make an update that detects the oculus rift s connections
    in shadow?
    This way i can use my shadow to boost my vr experience.
    It would be very helpfull to a lot of folks who bought the oculus s,
    like i did.
    I hope in the future i will be able to use shadow for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the microphone and gross since the last update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello I contact you because there is a big problem with the oculus rift s helmet, your last update has destroyed the experience of the rift s the microphone and all just since your last bug update of its horrible griment we didn ' would almost become mute thank you for finding the fault as soon as possible the microphone and thaws I have never seen that, it is a software problem the oculus software and made for the quest but it and incompatible with the rift s does what thing it's just horrible you are destroying the experience of

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. le micro et dégeulass depuis la dernière mise a jour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonjour je vous contact car il Ya de gros problème avec le casque oculus rift s , votre dernière mis e ajour a détruit l’expérience du rift s le micro et tous simplement à chiez depuis votre dernière mise jour bug de son griment horrible on n’en viendrait presque à devenir muet merci de trouver la panne au plus vite le micro et dégelasse j’ai jamais vue ca , c’est un problème logiciel le logiciel oculus et fait pour la quest mais il et incompatible avec le rift s faite quelle chose c’est juste horrible vous êtes en train de…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the Problems that matter.

I am speaking for a majority of the users, who are experiencing issues on a daily basis, and we need updates that aren't disappointing, we feel like The rift s is an abandoned child of the Oculus Line up, FIX THE PROBLEMS THAT MATTER!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PROVIDE A SERVICE WORTHY OF THIS NAME

My Rift S, since brand new, locks at every PC restart. I opened a ticket (#1212325) with your customer service on March the 28th and till today, May 30th they have not provided a solution yet!
    Every time I contact them, I get the same answer "The issue is well known as it involves many customers and is currently under investigation".
    This is a shame, especially for a company aiming to be a market leader.
    Mario de Lucia, Italy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. phone no

how about an actual phone no that customers can call and tell you how ****** your headsets are?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dlss 2 & 3

DLSS 2 & 3 support for SSAA with no foveated.
    Ready for 4K HMDs

Ampere gpu's prize will drop the Turing's prize.

It will be a chance for buy a 2.060 super and that gpu will be the new standard instead of 1.060.

With Link could increse bitrate x pixel using lower resolution if Quest could do DLSS 2 clone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base