Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. This is what you guys need to do for Rift 2/next PCVR (and overall productline) (whenever it comes)

Dear Oculus
    Below is a comment I made on youtube and I thought I would send it to you here, since it has a lot of great ideas, what the community wants/need and some inspiration for you guys to work with.

Please do read it all and make sure the right people see it, obviously we all know you are not going to make a new headset, probably, the next 2-4 years, but still! I honestly think that some suggestions within this long comment, can truly help you guys to go beyond (plus ultra!) with your next-gen headsets and controllers,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VR without a controller

I was thinking, and you know how in vr you have to use controllers to move around and grab things? Well, what if, somewhat like the Kinect camera you get with Xbox's that let you point at something and it loads it up for you (like Just Dance, for example), what if you used an improved version of that which meant you are looking at a thing on the screen through your headset, and you reach out to something and clench your fists, picking up the object, or you extend a finger to press a button. The camera could even…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to change headset “cursor” placement in view

I’ve noticed that while playing certain games that allow you to select things by looking, primarily Elite Dangerous, the current “cursor”, for lack of a better term, is about 2 cm higher than my normal resting center of vision. This means I have to tilt my head down to look straight at it, rather than normally look straight ahead. Its rather uncomfortable. I suggest a sort of calibration where you look at a dot in space at your normal resting look-forward position, and press a button similar to ‘wheres the front’ when setting up guardian. This can set your normal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a trade in from Rift to Rift S

I purchased a rift about 5 months ago and I heard about quest and rift s about right afterwards. After looking into them more, they look amazing, and an ability to be able to trade in a rift for at least $50 off of the rift s or quest would be amazing. Thank you oculus team, this would help out!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full body tracking!

I would love to see a good, pure oculus way to track the waist and legs. There are a lot more games that can utilize this feature, and maybe having some tracking modules would be the way to go.

You might already have this in the works, but I could find its, or you might not want to take it in that direction at all. But there is a large group, myself included, that would love this feature.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable a Keybind for Passthrough+

Passthrough+ as implemented is a useful feature - however for Sim Pilots and Racers - it is not useable as we don't hold the controllers.

Please enable a user defined bind, either a Keybind, or a DirectX joystick button or other combination (e.g. Shift + DirectX keybind) and enable it as a toggle, or hold so that we too can use Passthrough+ to find our beers..... ;-)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give us a standing/sitting mode for the Rift S

I like to sit down at my desk and watch bigscreen which is seperate from my Place Space, but when I do that on some games it positions me as super far from center in Bigscreen occasionally and also it always trips my boundary visuals, so I have had to turn them off, which is a bit dangerous. Please allow us to change to 3DOF mode from the dash quick settings menu :)

376 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Rift S to use external cameras from the original Rift

Everyone who has upgraded to the Rift S from the CV1 has encountered a downgrade in tracking in various games. A great example would be shooter games where you have to aim down sights, which causes you to lose tracking since the controller is too close to the headset. Supporting the external cameras would allow more people to upgrade from the original rift without sacrificing their tracking. Also people with the Rift S would have the option to purchase more cameras to “enhance the experience”. The only issues that can possibly be encountered would be USB bandwidth errors from having…

391 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rift console!

Please make a console for VR so that I can buy your rift s headset. I recently bought the quest and am really amazed at what it can do with current hardware. I am a previous PSVR player/owner and after playing the quest and using controls and tracking want a stable based system with heavy processing that utilizes your equipment. The wireless experience is great but for extra power and qaulity I would pay for a oculus console. I would easily pay $800-1000 for a rift s with console bundle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increase haptic feedback (rumble) on new touch controllers for Rift S

I would like to see the haptic feedback (controller rumble) increased on the new touch controllers for Rift S. For example, In 3 different first person shooter (FPS) games the haptic feedback on the new touch controllers barely rumbles when shooting which decreases immersion, compared to the original touch controllers where the haptic feedback was much more pronounced.

Hopefully this is something that can be improved with a software update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Facial membrane to track either an emotion or facial shape

A facial silicone membrane that would allow oculus to track emotions and or the way you’re looking at something.

Your facial shape could also be tracked and replicated within games thus giving a more realistic experience not only for a single player gaming experience but from a multiplayer perspective where they’ll be able to see how you react to things within a certain game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the option to launch in Oculous home or Steam VR or even from within an app i.e. Launching directly into Virtual Desktop

Allow the option to launch in Oculous home or Steam VR or even from within an app i.e. Launching directly into Virtual Desktop when putting on the HMD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OCULUS HOME/DASH must improve! Movement, UI, RECENTRE VIEW, WATCH etc.

OCULUS HOME/DASH - has the worst movement of all and even uses 2 Touch that are the same at it!
    - No Strafe!
    - 2 Touch to turn at 2x snail pace which is still SLOW!
    - Whilst trying to position yourself in front of the Avatar Mirror the Left/Right Joysticks move the Menu Panel!
    - We can walk through all our Objects/Furniture we add even though the room obstructs us e.g. a Fire Place!
    - RESET VIEW is in 3 different places yet does not utilise 2 Thumbsticks as most Games/Apps do so leave those unbound!
    - The WATCH…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notify developers when reviews are added or updated

I would like to be emailed when someone enters a review for my games so that I can promptly read the text and provide help or advice or respond to comments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need Fix for Controllers Not Switching OFF when not in use! Need Fix Warning for Touch Batteries when not in use but warning us and switchin

Need Fix for Controllers Not Switching OFF when not in use!
    Need Fix Warning for Touch Batteries when not in use but warning us and switching focus OUT OF THE GAME!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Locomtion Movement as Games use, Re-Centre with 2 Thumbsticks, make a ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY e.g. The Store, and any Room As Default.

You need to fix this because it is just stuff that annoys us: -
    1. ALLOW STORE OR HOME OR (new) ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY to be our Default Page to prevent the unnecessary loading.
    2. IN HOME sort out the Movement so that it has a Strafe and the turning is a same rate of turn to other directions (2 Joysticks doing same things and using 2 Joysticks to turn slightly faster is just rubbish and has no strafe!)
    3. USING BOTH THUMB CLICKS should RECENTRE as that is the usual method everywhere else!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix issues related to running Oculus Home behind a proxy and/or make the runtime work in offline mode.

This feedback ticket is targeted for the use case of using the Oculus Rift in a business environment, but the requested feature can also benefit consumers.

Business customers can’t install the software in common network environments. Most businesses use a proxy to communicate with the internet. The Oculus installer does not respect the proxy settings of the system, causing an "e.ishttperrorcode is not a function" error when trying to create a user account or logging in with an existing one. This is not the only bug when trying to install the Oculus software from within a restricted network environment, but…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have an electric charge that simulates the actual shock of pain when damage is taken ingame

Have an electric charge that simulates the actual shock of pain when damage is taken ingame

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base