Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Rift S Cable improvements

So, I recently experienced cable issues when I wanted to get into my VR experience like probably a good amount of people have experienced it.

To be clear, I'm no expert by any means. I can only share what I read and found out myself.

I would love to hear back what can be done or what exactly is going on. Preferably from someone who actually worked or works on these things at Oculus.

Enough of the introduction, let's get into it.

My cable broke somewhere inside, give it a little wiggle and it drops out. Give it another and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. charmedsss@abv.bg

Eliminate the need for a FaceBook profile and revert to the old version. Add the ability to revert to an older version of the software. For my helmet (Oculus Rift) and not only the latest updates made it unusable and this time, unlike before, there is not even any compensation for it.

PS:
    After the last at least 2 updates the home is unusable, frequent black screens, continuous reboots. Using the helmet in the home of Steam is completely hassle-free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. preferred Video player

hi please could we have the option to change the default video player in the browser? so when we click an mp4 video it will open in our prefered app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rift users should be able to invite people that aren't on their friends list.

This would be a cool addition as rift players are only allowed to invite people on their friend's list and could improve cross-compatibility between quest and rift. This could also help people who don't have a Facebook account connected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Application specific performance options

The performance requirements vary wildly from game to game. It would be great if we could have application specific settings for resolution, refresh rate, reprojection preferences, FOV, etc like SteamVR does instead of a single global setting.

This allows you to take better advantage of your hardware because you aren't picking settings based on your most demanding title. Or worse forced to change settings every time you switch games with different performance requirements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop Sidelining the Rift S and its users

Hi Oculus,

I hope this gets voted.

It would be cool to let people @ Oculus know we Oculus Rift S users feel completely sidelined since the release of the Quest 2, and even more so know that you've screwed over people who forked over a lot of money for your products by artificially limiting the RE4 VR version to the Quest 2.

Don't stop supporting your other platforms.

Need we remind you that Rift S is still the best alternative to play PC VR today?

We all know about the performance issues the Quest 2 has with that overpriced…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make a pc designed to run the rift os at high performance

make a pc designed to run the rift os at high performance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Finally an end to stick drift ! Cheap and easy too!

I've personally tested and used this method to completely wipe out stick drift from anywhere from 3 to 6 months no fiddling with settings required!

I've bought several replacement controllers over the years to replace the ones with unplayable stick drift and the cost started adding up quickly.

The solution you might ask, well its $8 and a trip to your local auto zone. Mass airflow sensor cleaner!

Surprisingly, I've had great success with this method follow it step by step and you'll soon find their back to normal

Please do this outside or in a well ventilated area !…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. display total hours played on a current pc.

total hours played overall instead of total hours played on a current pc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. USB 3.0 and issue with black screens when looking around in games off of your peripheral vision

So I have noticed on several devices running on the x570 board where it doesn't register usb3 even if you're connected to it as well as game tearing away from the screen and seeing black screens as we look around I found and tested on several devices that if you go into the bios of your computer and change the pcie configuration into gen 3 instead of Gen 4 or Auto having it set to force gen3 fixes the issue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. adding more than one a guardian system.

Adding more than one a guardian system. And choose when you want

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow original RIFT trade in for QUEST 2

Since my original RIFT has a broken connection cable and you can no longer get cables from oculus or 3rd party, Oculus should allow us to trade in our RIFT's for credit towards a QUEST 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HDMI support

I was so excited when I got my Oculus as here in my country it is really expensive basically it's 1000$ when the wage here is from 500 to 700 and I saved up and I got one let's say that in the marketing there was no mention of the cables and I got an ASUS tuf gaming laptop that can run anything on it but I don't have a DUCKING DISPLAY OR MINIDISPLAY PORT so now what I am stuck with a useless headset to make myself see darkness. So you guys market that for ballers with built PCs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send out silicone straps for Occulus gifts without needing a serial number

I brought my two sons Occulus Quest 2's for their upcoming Birthdays and have heard that the material is causing skin irritation. The silicone straps cannot be sent out without a serial number and account. I don't want to open their presents and sign them up with an account - they will want to set it up themselves. This is really disappointing, as my kids will open their presents on their Birthday's and not be able to use them. I'm sure there are others in the same position. Customer service has been no help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep Rift S alive, killing it will force us to move on to Index, PSVR 2 which is a shame becuase its the No.2 headset on Steam.

Keep Rift S alive! Killing it will force us to move on to Index, PSVR 2 which is a shame becuase its the No.2 headset on Steam.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Accommodate more hairstyles

To whom it may concern:

This past month, Marian University held a weeklong healthcare camp for high school students with the goal of increasing diversity within healthcare and reaching out to underrepresented minorities. We utilized the VR technology to take an in-depth look at the human body, however I wanted to provide feedback about the user experience. It was disappointing that many of our participants who identified as BIPOC found difficulty in using, or in 1 case were unable to use, the Oculus Rift S headset. The Oculus Rift S headset is not designed to accommodate natural, black hairstyles including…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rope Access Sydney

Proaccess Offers highrise window cleaning, highrise painting services in Sydney. Contact Rope Access Sydney team at 0478 651 953 for further info.

Go to the link for more help : https://www.proaccesspaintandremedial.com.au/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dentist Corrimal

Dentist Corrimal provides high-quality, accessible dental care. Visit experienced dentists in Wollongong today. Smile now, pay later with Supercaredental.

for more details you can click this link ; https://www.supercaredentalandcosmetics.com.au/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Floor Polishing North Shore

Refresh your floors and get them looking brand new with our Floor polishing North Shore. Call Now 0411 635 185.

Go to the link for more details : https://www.prosanders.com.au/floor-sanding-north-shore/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't be ******* stupid

If I see ads in my rift after all your ******** promises I will throw it in the ******* garbage. ******** Facebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base