Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Je voudrait plus d'option sur rift s URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le mode nuit plus de paramètre dans le menu plus d'implication de la part de vos services moins de laisser aller accepter les demandes des clients arrêter de nous prendre pour des con https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift
    changer la tête du menu du RIFT S comme celle du QUEST faite la mise à jour des fonction du QUEST sur RIFT S le modérateur du site accepte quasiment aucune demande malgré les nombreux feedback vous ne fait rien pour améliorer le RIFT S c'est injuste et dégeulasse au prix qu'on n'a payer pour avoir ce casque ça me dégoute attend de d’égoïsme arrêter de…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fix your company it sucks

get a call center and get a live chat like every other company, for such a huge tech company you guys suck. im going to sell my rift s to some poor guy who thinks its a good idea to buy one and go get a headset that actually works like the reverb g2 or htc vive pro at least i know they will back their product. i cant even get this thing to connect and i know tons of people are having problems and nothing is being done about it. no update, no nothing? people are spending alot of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vibration

I’ve had constant problems with the vibration since I got the oculus rift S. When I play a game and the controllers vibrate the hands in the game freak out and go all over the place. If you could add a many to turn off vibration it would take my experience to a whole other lever!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please give the Rift S some love!

Hi Oculus,
    I have been fighting issues with my Rift S for a while now and am waiting for my RMA to return in the mail. I have had problems that include robot mic, speakers popping, random loss of tracking, and, most annoyingly, constant headset crashing remedied only be restarting my PC.

Just so that you know: All of these issues spawned from and Oculus Software update that mainly had changes only for Oculus Quest Link. Please pass this on to your developers and let them know that they need to get these issues resolved, even if it is just…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New form of controllers

I'm sure you guys have thought of this but have you guys ever considered gloves as controllers? You could sell them in different sizes and have them connected by wire or a battery the idea of of the gloves would be a fantastic idea. It would allow for a more realistic and immerse experience. And allow for all fingers to be utilized in a more precision response. Again it was just an idea and would be a great addition to the oculus family and all devices in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow a trade in from Rift to Rift S

I purchased a rift about 5 months ago and I heard about quest and rift s about right afterwards. After looking into them more, they look amazing, and an ability to be able to trade in a rift for at least $50 off of the rift s or quest would be amazing. Thank you oculus team, this would help out!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Test updates or introduce roll back updates.

Just maybe test the updates on multiple systems before releasing an update that bricks everyone's $400 device? That or introduce a feature that'll let you roll back the software update so that we can atleast use the device we just paid, again, $400 for. It's kind of ridiculous when I buy something for that much money and then can't use it because of a software update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow external tracking on the rift s

Allow external tracking on the rift s

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the handsets to be customised for left and right handed use. As at the moment it impedes gaming.

Any games requiring accuracy, like shooting or sports, are impossible to play comfortably with them left handed. Can there be an option to choose left handed or right handed in the oculus setup to make it playable for all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ping restrictions on game search for Echo VR

The game is literally unplayable if you connect to a high ping game. Which happens a lot. Fix the issue, I refuse to play the game until you do. Bad game management and a clueless approach to international multiplayer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Phenomenal customer service

Support suggested this would be the correct forum to post concerning customer service experiences.
    I recently acquired a Rift S. Regrettably, it did not function correctly. I reached out to customer service and, over the course of a few communications, they decided to RMA the unit. There were a few hoops to jump through, but nothing super human was required. The new Rift S was recently received and works like a champ! I could not be happier.
    I am now an Oculus customer for life.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A setting to turn off controller vibration

I have a problem with my right touch controller, when it vibrates on max the controller buzzes loudly and annoyingly to the point I had to uninstall a game "Gorn" because everytime I hit an opponent the controller starts buzzing very loudly and annoyingly, there are lots of people that have this problem aswell, vibrations also drain a big amount of battery and some people even experience lagging when the controllers vibrate, adding an option to turn off all controller vibration to the Oculus settings would be great, just google "Rift S how to turn off controller vibration" and youll…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make sure PCs that exceed your minimum and/recommended specs are actually supported properly.

Make sure PCs that exceed your minimum and/recommended specs are actually supported properly. Currently higher end PCs mind end up experiencing USB and/or DP problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. NFL

I wonder if the NFL thought about putting their games on the Oculus VR system. You could even sell tickets for it. Since stadiums are going to be at a limited capacity it could give fans the feeling of being at the field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A new Rift

I know this does not fit here but alot of people loved the CV1 Including me! I would love to see a refreshed look of the cv1 With wireless sensors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create profiles that allow to save "floor height" for different people.

I am sharing my Oculus with my 8 year old son. I am 6'6" and he is not as tall yet. each time we need to change height settings.
    We need some kind of profiles for the same account that can be easily switched between

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple users/accounts for family members.. Family sharing.. If Apple can do it, so can you!

I can't believe it's 2020 and I (as a parent) can't download a game from Oculus and have separate game data/user accounts for my kids.. Completely unsat, and I'd likely not have purchased this headset if I knew about this glaring problem for families. If Apple (The mothership of software control) can figure out family sharing, so can you Oculus!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow option to delay update.

I choose to play other games, before opening Oculus. Which I hate, because I love this whole concept.

The reason, is when I want to play something, I can't. I have to wait for the update to download and install.

It quickly changes from "I'm finally going to beat XYZ" to "you know what, I think I'll go do something else".

I'm more than happy to let the update run after I've had my fun.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjust Oculus Rift S EQ Curve to Improve Audio Quality

First of all, I should state that I am an Oculus developer, a member of Oculus Start, and was honored to be part of Oculus Launch Pad 2019. What follows is a suggestion that I would like to pass along to the Rift S team.

Problem:
    The audio quality on the Rift S has been abysmal since launch. It is tinny, thin, and quite frankly it sounds terrible. This is 100% solvable by using a simple EQ and limiter (to protect the speakers from excessive signal peaks).

Solution:
    I have long since solved this problem for myself by installing EqualizerAPO…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inside out tracking controllers Gen 2

We carry phones with cameras in them all the time please just make some controllers that are index-like that just inside out track independent of the headset cameras if you wanna wire them to the headset for power and data transfer to the PC then whatever I can personally thread them through elbow pads etc. I have doubts about Lenovos ability to do this it might be a better idea to partner with Valve hint hint.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base