Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. can you bring games to macOS

can you bring games to macOS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hire Us to travel the world for you.

I've been to 20 countries, my best friend has been to 30! Our lives have been like movies up to this point. We'd love to somehow broadcast our experiences with girls, food, dangerous events, partying, and personal development with your hardware, and have your clients watch and interact. Please reach out to me!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support eGPU's

The Rift S has an odd bug where I have to disable my internal graphics drivers before it will work with my GTX 1070, and even then I have to restart the Oculus desktop app twice before it will work. I always have the white light, the screen is just black until I uninstall the internal graphics drivers (or disable it) and restart twice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Verify that the software works correctly using UNICODE, non-ASCII Windows account names.

Currently some of the Oculus software currently will only function correctly if the software is used with a ‘english’ account name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. beta test on your own time rather than send out a product that your customers have to wade thru **** to fix problems

beta test on your own time rather than send out a product that your customers have to wade thru **** to fix problems

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This is what you guys need to do for Rift 2/next PCVR (and overall productline) (whenever it comes)

Dear Oculus
    Below is a comment I made on youtube and I thought I would send it to you here, since it has a lot of great ideas, what the community wants/need and some inspiration for you guys to work with.

Please do read it all and make sure the right people see it, obviously we all know you are not going to make a new headset, probably, the next 2-4 years, but still! I honestly think that some suggestions within this long comment, can truly help you guys to go beyond (plus ultra!) with your next-gen headsets and controllers,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to change headset “cursor” placement in view

I’ve noticed that while playing certain games that allow you to select things by looking, primarily Elite Dangerous, the current “cursor”, for lack of a better term, is about 2 cm higher than my normal resting center of vision. This means I have to tilt my head down to look straight at it, rather than normally look straight ahead. Its rather uncomfortable. I suggest a sort of calibration where you look at a dot in space at your normal resting look-forward position, and press a button similar to ‘wheres the front’ when setting up guardian. This can set your normal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let us mark where real objects are in guardian

For example I always keep my keyboard in the same place in my room. It would be nice to be able to mark where certain objects are in guardian for easy access. A rectangular prism for my keyboard that exists in a fixed place just outside my boundary for example, or a cylinder for my beverage that I could quickly add in or reposition on the fly from the dash menu. These would only be visible when your guardian walls are.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guardian Disable by app/game

Make it so you can set a default by game so when you play a seated game you dont have to go manually turn it off every time.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rift console!

Please make a console for VR so that I can buy your rift s headset. I recently bought the quest and am really amazed at what it can do with current hardware. I am a previous PSVR player/owner and after playing the quest and using controls and tracking want a stable based system with heavy processing that utilizes your equipment. The wireless experience is great but for extra power and qaulity I would pay for a oculus console. I would easily pay $800-1000 for a rift s with console bundle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow non-SSE4.2 CPU to work with Rift even though it has no Support Help and not passing specs

Having had my Xeon Quad Duo 3GHz perform very well with CV1 for 3yrs now with a GTX970 then GTX1080, Oculus blocked it in 1.32 Runtime. You know about the cpu install hack and it should have been allowed to still work but they blocked the completion of install in the LibrarianServer.
    Although I begin again with Rift today with a new (£1200) XPS8930 i7 8700, I still feel strongly that Blocking older cpu was very wrong. Only LONE ECHO uses SSE4.2 which even has it's very own cpu check after the install!
    Be good and allow PCs to do…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Facial membrane to track either an emotion or facial shape

A facial silicone membrane that would allow oculus to track emotions and or the way you’re looking at something.

Your facial shape could also be tracked and replicated within games thus giving a more realistic experience not only for a single player gaming experience but from a multiplayer perspective where they’ll be able to see how you react to things within a certain game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep The Rift Model Readily Available for the Forseeable Future

Just went to the website to purchase a Rift model and the website states it is out of stock so I contacted support and was told there were more on the way. Great.

My concern with the Rift S however is that it will be COMPLETELY replacing the Rift model. Not all of us want the S model, not all of us want to pay more for it, not all of us mind the sensors, etc... See my concerns here? I don't want my only option of a product to be the version I don't want. I don't have any…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get a Quality Assurance Department

You guys have kept slipping further and further up on my list, well you hit the top now(You were second, but Apple kept being so , then I sold off everything I owned of theirs, including and entire account of stock.). So here it is, drop your ridiculous idea of HOME IS MANDATORY. Just have a set of drivers for the rift and let the big boys handle the rest(i.e. Valve), I get it you have your store and need to make money so still offer that, but get rid of the VR home that NO ONE asked for. We

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Could you allow me to use rift CV1 HMD to create the YouTube content about my VR technical idea?

Dear Oculus,

I am Yongbum Kim from South Korea (Republic of Korea).

I want to upload Youtube VR contents created using Oculus Rift HMD (CV1) and 3rd party's Mocap solutions.

I would like to make a VR HMD required for performing this activity. But, I do not have the ability to produce such excellent hardware.

It is so obvious. Because it's a masterpiece that the world's best engineers have built and updated over the years. Therefore, I have no choice but to use Oculus’s HMD for making the Youtube contents.

I have seen a lot of VR videos created by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mirror Audio is a disaster! Although I can send Desktop to Oculus I can't do it opposite way for good use without bad latency!

Useless!
    Design the Driver to duplicate Audio in Sync to onboard Sound (or card) rather than this latency delay!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. VR accelerator

My idea is about a hardware device. The one thing I think that is agreed about what Vive does a little better is tracking. I think if the devs don't get that 4 USB devices are not the root cause of all the tracking issues and requests for an off button with Oculus dash/home. Wondering if it is possible to have a hardware box, kind if like the link bor for vive, but to be able to accept all the usb inputs and have some kind of onboard processing that does the math for what the cameras are doing and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guardian takes away too much room, warning too early when I'm in a small space.

Guardian takes away too much room, warning too early when I'm in a small space.
    It would also help if I could map space above a desk as available, but not below the desk or where the monitor sits.
    Consider some kind of configurable fixed visualisation aids for the boundaries rather than popping up grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Do not update automatically" button

Ovrserver_x64 uses 7 gigs of bandwith a month, even if your Rift is sitting in the box, for updates i am told. The only way to stop it is to delete everything. Then you will have to re-download the oculus installer which is also huge, when you want to play the Rift. Also let us save the installer and update from there instead of having us re-download it everytime there is an issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base