Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sell Rift to new users instead of renewal needs TV Marketing and 299$ max prize

In 2020 PS4 and Xbox. You need to sell the more as you can just now.

Personally i want to buy S when falls under 299€ with taxes.

And we all know that is very very much cheaper to produce than Quest.

To sell Quest is easier because portability for show to people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. facebook / oculus buy or make a join vanture with the company "startech.com"

I tried to use the oculus rift s with an INATECK USB 5 Port Hub PCIE. But it didnt works with that. I buy a startech USB card and i havnt a problem. My Idea is: Aell the startech.com usb hardware optional in the oculus webstore. facebook / oculus buy or make a join vanture with the company "startech.com" .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 racing game? Please?

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently Oculus does not have an available option to disable the requirement of having controllers paired to the Rift S for functionality

Currently Oculus does not have an available option to disable the requirement of having controllers paired to the Rift S. This is Urgently needed when moving from Rift to Rift S when used VR solution is designed to have no controllers connected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Thunderbolt

One cable to rule them all! What about one thunderbolt cable option for better mobility? I connect my rift s to thunderbolt and USB but I think thunderbolt is able to power the rift s by itself. If you guys would add an option or an extra in stores I am sure a lot of people would prefer it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve translating movement

If you can create shoulder pads with motion detectors you can effectively judge the movement of the arms and torso so you can make pve more advanced

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make it easier to connect to pc and ...

make it easier to find a way to contact you and please check on an order 61302632010111 controller to jaason farrant please !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notify developers when reviews are added or updated

I would like to be emailed when someone enters a review for my games so that I can promptly read the text and provide help or advice or respond to comments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Würdigen Rift Nachfolger erwünscht

Die S ist nicht wirklich ein Upgrade für meine Verwendung, ich fahre damit Raceroom Racing Experience und ich brauche einen guten immersiven Sound, was die Rift tadellos hinbekommt und bei der S komplett fehlt.
    Zwar wäre die etwas bessere Auflösung ein kleiner Vorteil, aber noch nicht ausreichend genug um sie als “Ersatz zu bezeichnen.
    Ich möchte nach der DK1, DK2 und CV1, Oculus treu bleiben und hoffe es ist bald ein würdiger Nachfolger in Planung, der alles übertrifft, Sound, Auflösung, Tragekomfort, Kabellos und mit seinem Vorgänger kompatibel, erst dann werde ich meine ersetzen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix chat audio coming from both sound sources when useing external speakers.

It would be nice if you could link your external computer speakers to play game audio and use the built in rift s speakers for chat. having your party chat come from both speakers is ridiculous. it should be treated as a standard headset if external speakers are in use and it would only take one toggle button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More exposure and sales in Australia Central Coast

Australia needs more VR. My Fiance didn't even know what VR is untill I showed her recently.
    Have a business which is doing well but I can demonstrate what VR really is, for the people on the Central Coast of Australia if you'd like me to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guardian Pass Through On Controller ***********

I find that it will only pass through if my head goes out of bounds, by then I have already smacked something with my controllers because my orientation is different. An optional setting for controllers to trigger pass thru would be good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VR app wherein a VR companion character can understand what is said in a particular language, and reply, genarating conversation.

(PART OF PREVIOUS MESSAGE INCLUDED)

You see, I am learning Japanese these past 11 years, and I've long been in search of this very thing the entire time I've been a VR user.

"I'm just thinking about something that I often do. You can simulate just about anything in VR, populate it with any kind of character, and devices like Alexa will respond to your voice and reply. Why does it seem there's no such VR program for speaking a language, as in if I were to go in the program and be in some VR setting, why can't a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to extend warranty via a payment method

I previously had to return my oculus for a refurbished model due to a blacking out/display related fault in the headset cable. My warranty ends in a few months and i don't want to be **** out of luck and have to buy a complete new headset if this new replacement suffers the same fault issue. So I was hoping there could be an option to pay for a warranty plan for a certain length of time to allow replacement in the event it is damaged or broken after the original warranty expires.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. can you bring games to macOS

can you bring games to macOS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hire Us to travel the world for you.

I've been to 20 countries, my best friend has been to 30! Our lives have been like movies up to this point. We'd love to somehow broadcast our experiences with girls, food, dangerous events, partying, and personal development with your hardware, and have your clients watch and interact. Please reach out to me!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support eGPU's

The Rift S has an odd bug where I have to disable my internal graphics drivers before it will work with my GTX 1070, and even then I have to restart the Oculus desktop app twice before it will work. I always have the white light, the screen is just black until I uninstall the internal graphics drivers (or disable it) and restart twice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base