Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Allowing Rift/Rift S to play with Quest users, either directly or with emululation

With the advent of the Quest Link, which allows to (at some extent) play Rift games on the Quest, it's high time we got a Rift version of cross-compatibility.

The Rift is a powerful VR headset, capable of playing many things the Quest can't alone, but the one thing that is bugged is the lack of cross-playability, especially Rift to Quest. A number of Quest users love to play multiplayer games, but, even when there is a Rift version, Rift users most likely can't play with Quest users.

The Rift users paid a high premium to have a VR headset,…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fixing the compatibility issue of new Nvidia drivers with Oculus Mediums stamp creation

Oculus Medium´s stamp creation does not work with graphics driver versions 436.30 of the RTX-series and up and causes crashes upon attempting to make a stamp. From what the linked forum post says it also concerns other graphics card series of Nvidia.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81009/medium-crashes-stamp-creation-or-import-help-solved#latest
    This issue has been confirmed upon sending a full crashlog to the Oculus Support.
    Since the update can not be indefinitely avoided it would be very needed to fix this incompatibility.
    Thank you!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Phone notifications through headset

When I’m getting really Into a game and I’m playing for hours I tend to not focus on what is going on in the real world. When I come out of the headset I come back to some missed calls and some upset friends and family wondering where I’ve been. I think if there was an app that could connect our phones to a notification system in the headset so that we can see calls and texts when they appear on our phones I feel as though it would be very convenient for a majority of users

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rechargeable controllers

The controllers should come with internal batteries built in that you can plug in to recharge, saves me money on batteries, lowers the risk of destroying controller due to battery leaks, and saves environment from throwing batteries out every week

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please take a screenshot from both eyes when using the screenshot function

Several times now I've had a once-in-a-lifetime game moment while in VR and try to take a screenshot, only to check the file later and find out it was taken with the view of the wrong eye and completely missed the shot I had planned. Please, if you're going to do screenshots, make it a shot of both eyes, not just one, so that it feels more like a full picture than a tiny cropped eyeglass shot. thanks!

Submitting an example shot, I meant to get the robot hanging over the balcony on the left, but all I got in…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable Passthrough for first 10 seconds after putting on headset (add as an optional setting)

As a Rift S user, I would like to put on my headset and immediately see the room via pass-through for about 10 seconds so I can find my headphones and touch controllers.

The double touch oculus button is a great feature for turning on passthrough, but.. you have to already have the controllers in your hand!

If you're like me, you put on the rift s, then fumble around blind trying to find where on your desk your controllers/headphones are. An auto pass-through for 10 seconds would REALLY be helpful and a great use of the pass-through technology

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You abandoned the Rift S!

You forgot the Rift S and think only of the Quest.

It is shameful ! you will lose a lot of oculus users at the first opportunity! you evolved the quest and nothing for the Rift S.

All the other brands surpass you .. valve, HTC etc ... they already have adjustment options ...

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an option to globally disable Touch controller vibration feedback.

Please add an option to globally disable Touch controller vibration feedback, for use when the app itself does not have this option. An example is Westworld Awakening, where the movement involves constant vibration which is annoying and drains batteries quickly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Height Adjustment

Please give us an option that allows us to adjust our height, like a slider or a TextBox to specify a height. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home after along day is standing for hours playing a 100+ hour game like Fallout4VR. Many games are perfectly playable and, in fact, more enjoyable, playing seated, but in many games I'm currently as tall as a child.

Please, please give us a height setting.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Inner & Outer Guardian Boundaries for Accessories (+Editor)

While there are tools out there that allow you to edit the guardian boundary (to make it nice and pretty for the OCD like me), I'd really like to see a built in guardian editor that additionally allows smaller, custom outlines to be placed inside or outside the main guardian boundary.

As an example, when guardian is showing, I'd like to able to mark additional areas where non wired accessories such as keyboards, mice, etc. may be placed. This would be incredibly useful for those who have a dedicated remote VR room that is not connected to their main gameplay…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improved Controllers with integrated cameras for better tracking

I really like the inside out tracking of the Rift S. But every time the controllers are not in front of the headset, for example behind your back, they are not tracked. This is a serious problem for some games. So if it is technical possible, my idea is to integrate one ore two cameras into each controller. With this the tracking would be greatly improved without external sensors.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If the Rift S was purchased less than half a year ago exchange it for a quest!

You are not supporting Rift S your whole keynote was about quest....I bought my rift S 7 days ago.... this is really sad.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HDMI for Rift S

Oculus needs to be up front about requiring a video port on your computer. Really frustrated after buying the Rift S only to find out, during setup, that it does not use HDMI. My PC checked out with all of the software specs and there was no mention of a videoport requirement. AND there is no work-around whatsoever. So I have to return it. Most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in the gaming industry.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically disable guardian when seated at keyboard

Ability to create/remember a "seated position" where guardian will be disabled.

I mean "I" like the grid in my face while I'm seated and typing... but other people might not >.>

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Rift S and Quest support Rifts cameras for better tacking and original Touch to work with Rift cams +Quest/Rift S-combination

If Quest (after Link) and Rift S would support Rifts cameras for tracking, not only the tracking get better but it would also make option for Oculus to sell "HMD only" packages, as the possible original Rift owner could use the original Rifts touch controllers with the new HMD and on other hand, ppl with just the Quest and Rift S could buy additional outside in camera(s) for better tracking (as we all know, there's problem with the close the face tracking on inside outs).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Double Guardian with height options

I would like to set up 2 Guardian walls. One would be lower; I'd be able to set the height. So say I set it for 3 feet. That Guardian would warn me of places I can't walk to. Then I'd have a 2nd full height Guardian that would be placed outside of the first.

The idea is, for those of us without a lot of space, often there's a bed or other low furniture that we can swing our arms over without any issue, but of course can't walk through. Right now I have to set the Guardian at…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable a Keybind for Passthrough+

Passthrough+ as implemented is a useful feature - however for Sim Pilots and Racers - it is not useable as we don't hold the controllers.

Please enable a user defined bind, either a Keybind, or a DirectX joystick button or other combination (e.g. Shift + DirectX keybind) and enable it as a toggle, or hold so that we too can use Passthrough+ to find our beers..... ;-)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. YouTubeVR for Rift S like the one Quest has with 2880p

VR180 3D content is really cool on Youtube.

SteamVR has a youtube app BUT it's limited to 1080P (blurry). The Quest YoutubeVR app seems to be around 2880P or more. Not only that the SteamVR-YouTubeVR app does not seem to be active anymore or even care about the Oculus Rift S.

Please port the Quest app over to the Rift S!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give the Rift S more features from the Quest

To put it simply. Make the Rift S (which is tethered to a PC) actually worth it. The Quest although a marvel in its self has ultimately destroyed the Rift S in terms of features, which isnt really that fair seeing as they were months apart from release meaning the Rift S could have easily had some of the same features as the Quest. What feature you may be asking? Simple.

-Manual IPD adjustment
    -The 1440 x 1600 OLED display
    -The up and coming hand tracking

And another feature which could easily be implimented

-90hz (or above) refresh rate (We…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)