Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Make NOSE FLAP, available on spare parts

Make Nose flap available, on spare parts site, include it with the spare part facial interface, or make an option when buying facial interface to buy it with or without new nose flap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add windows environment variable to ignore guardian set up

My guardian set up is disabled every time I launch my rift, occasionally my rift forget's the guardian set up and asks me to re draw my boundaries. I would like to see a windows environment variable enabled that allows me to force guardian set up off. As a user who ignores set up, I should not have to re define floor height and skip boundary set up each time I play; or better yet, when the rift forgets it's not set up, boundary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. this is probably the most **** vr on the platform constaly im havign issues with it and it will never work porperly

this is probably the most **** vr on the platform constaly im havign issues with it and it will never work porperly even after 1 replacment headset and 15 chat sessions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Nvidia Quadro RTX support

Support of Nvidia Quadro RTX graphic cards + USB-C Thunder for RiftS. It works, but full graphic power is not supported. VR-Picture is shaking and rendering slowly. E.g. HL:Alyx is only playable with low quality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. adjustable z axis for disabled use in reclined position

I'm disabled and I've been trying to use the Oculus Rift in my recliner, but that means my body's axis is horizontal to the floor. My chair obstructs my access to some Virtual controls in some games and my head has to tilt uncomfortably in most games.

I would like to be able to change the horizon axis so it's more aligned with my body. I know there are a lot of conditions that might lead people to be unable to stand or sit up for VR, so this feature could open doors for lots of people to enjoy this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stop the oculas software starting up on its own when you launch vr games that you dont want to play in vr.

a way to stop the oculas software from starting up when you launch vr games that can be played without vr. i launch Ark from my epic games launcher and the oculas software starts and i don want it to, if i close it Ark crashes. it seems ridiculous that i cant stop it from starting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Methods of Payment

I still cannot, through any means of cards, accounts, or paypal, seem to purchase an oculus rift. It's kinda hard to give you positive feedback when I CANNOT PURCHASE YOUR WARES.

Seems like bad business to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feed back

1. Get your teams back into the retail space. They are very helpful and would prevent the 1 week of headache i have trying to get this to run on my VR "ready" PC

2. Get your PC system checker back up and running. Might help a bit, Vive and Steam both have good ones.

3. Fix the USB3 issues. Holy **** is this a train wreck.

4. Get more video cards supported. Again, another train wreck. Either i have to down grade my card to meet the spec or spend $600 on a card that still doesn't do what my current card does.
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Establish an incentivized Beta software testing program to increase large-scale testing of new software on a significant number of PC rigs

I was prompted to submit this idea following the recent controller tracking debacle & this comment from an Oculus software engineer: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/hobaop/foroculusriftsuserswhoare_experiencing/fxgw1sh/

I wrote a reply to that which I'll quote here:

The immense diversity of setups - different CPUs combined with different GPUs in different motherboards with different chipsets, power deliveries, USB ports, etc etc, with different RAM kits using different clock speeds & memory timings, interfacing differently with that exact motherboard at that motherboard's BIOS settings & that CPUs memory controller, with that version of Windows with those settings & those registry…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Test updates or introduce roll back updates.

Just maybe test the updates on multiple systems before releasing an update that bricks everyone's $400 device? That or introduce a feature that'll let you roll back the software update so that we can atleast use the device we just paid, again, $400 for. It's kind of ridiculous when I buy something for that much money and then can't use it because of a software update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you support a public school pilot project for VR Classroom for distance learning? douglasboheman@yahoo.com

I spoke to a representative from Vancouver School District Superintendent’s office regarding developing a “Traditional School, VR” in Sansar as an answer to a better ‘distance learning’ option to Zoom meetings. I have friends inworld from Sansar Studio and Linden Lab that can help development of the classroom, but no funding for computers and VR headsets. Would Oculus be able to donate some equipment for a pilot protect. My motivation comes from desperatation after being AWOL from my profession as a land surveyor. I have a BS in CE, not a masters in education. I need to be out in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow external tracking on the rift s

Allow external tracking on the rift s

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Increase Resolution and Field of View

Make Oculus headsets that have much higher resolution and field of view for PC gaming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use Oculus HMDs as Virtual Large Screen Monitors

Use Oculus HMDs as Virtual Large Screen Monitors

I liked to use Bigscreen to watch videos but now it has all this bloated community stuff which I do not like, and it does not work well when you have two monitors. I would watch in the void environment (just black - simple) Now I just use oculus Home theater place and pin my main display. I wanted to play PS4 and Switch games on a large virtual monitor but do not want to stream the games from an Elgato as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/u7Q4fdMQlL0. I backed an expensive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. macbook support

me and my friend both always wanted a oculus vr but are unable to have it due to having a macbook pro laptop, we would happily buy any new vr you make if it is macbook supported it is really sad we are unable to have a vr experience due to it being windows only

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New rifle shaped controller

Why not develop a controller in the shape of a rifle with a toggle on the handle above the trigger and action buttons on the grip to allow people to really immerse themselves in games such as Call of Duty

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow option to delay update.

I choose to play other games, before opening Oculus. Which I hate, because I love this whole concept.

The reason, is when I want to play something, I can't. I have to wait for the update to download and install.

It quickly changes from "I'm finally going to beat XYZ" to "you know what, I think I'll go do something else".

I'm more than happy to let the update run after I've had my fun.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having a tag along person going for a joy ride with you in a 2 seater jet or car.

Having the second person wear the oculus rift while you fly or drive them around sharing the same excitement of VR simulation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Oculus double screens

Hi, I would like to give you this suggestion. You could make glasses that have two curved screens, one per eye. The screen would overlap the eyes and end on the nose. Then you didn't see that you had glasses on. A better vr effect would be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base