Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rechargeable controllers

The controllers should come with internal batteries built in that you can plug in to recharge, saves me money on batteries, lowers the risk of destroying controller due to battery leaks, and saves environment from throwing batteries out every week

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MAKE A KNUCKLES CONTROLLER FOR THE RIFT AND FUTURE HEADSETS

I believe that the next step in controllers for VR is the knuckles, since valve is already doing this. Why not Oculus?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Guardian Pass Through On Controller ***********

I find that it will only pass through if my head goes out of bounds, by then I have already smacked something with my controllers because my orientation is different. An optional setting for controllers to trigger pass thru would be good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fixed foveated Super Sampling

In 50% center of screen SSAA x1,8 at 1,4 cost. No SSAA at 50%

Optionally foveated for increase central resolution SSAA.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VR app wherein a VR companion character can understand what is said in a particular language, and reply, genarating conversation.

(PART OF PREVIOUS MESSAGE INCLUDED)

You see, I am learning Japanese these past 11 years, and I've long been in search of this very thing the entire time I've been a VR user.

"I'm just thinking about something that I often do. You can simulate just about anything in VR, populate it with any kind of character, and devices like Alexa will respond to your voice and reply. Why does it seem there's no such VR program for speaking a language, as in if I were to go in the program and be in some VR setting, why can't a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically update the oculus software

Do not update the oculus software automatically please.

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Offline Installer

Create an offline installer/driver of your oculus. Repairing it means redownloading everything and it takes long for people who doesn't have fast internet

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. can you bring games to macOS

can you bring games to macOS?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hire Us to travel the world for you.

I've been to 20 countries, my best friend has been to 30! Our lives have been like movies up to this point. We'd love to somehow broadcast our experiences with girls, food, dangerous events, partying, and personal development with your hardware, and have your clients watch and interact. Please reach out to me!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop being dumb

When games like beat saber have 10+ dlc make a way to pick and choose some if not all of the dlc available for download in one click. I only recommend this because I'm trying to download the imagine dragons dlc on beat saber which is , i believe, 10 songs. It blocked me from buying because I was abusing the purchase feature. Wtf is this? I'm lazy, I'm not going to research how to buy more **** from ya'll. Its steam store for me now. Only steam. Minor inconveniences make for major changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Leave blind-of-and-eye people improve the performance

Hello. Being a Rift user since 2015, and I'm blind in my left eye, I have made some times the question some times the qestion if it is possible to use the Rift CV1 rendering in only one screen (or mirroring exactly the same image in both screens) to improve performance. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oculus Rift improvement.

I hear that the Oculus Rift S doesn´t need sensors, and that´s good. However, what I believe will be a total succes for the Oculus company is to be able to design an wireless Oculus Rift, since, to be honest with you, for the costumer the wire is much more annoying than having to install the sensors. I mean, I know the Oculus Quest uses no wires but is not as complete and advanced as the Oculus Rift. Having no sensors is fine but not needing a wire connected to the PC will be quite the achievement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create a controller that lets you use all fingers and have pressure sensors so you can move diffrent hands on items in game

create a controller that lets you use all fingers and have pressure sensors so you can move diffrent hands on items in game

This Would make the experiance on a oculus way better than the vive

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Replace the Touch S controllers.

There are tracking issues with the existing Touch S controllers.

1. According to John Carmack's tweet, the leds are too bright and glaring.

2. These suckers can be tracked up to 20 feet away from the headset (why is this necessary for insight????)

3. Haptics are weak.

4. Sensor rings are TOO large.

In short this controller was not well designed for insight.

An improved controller can address many of the issues with upclose tracking loss, weak haptics and general clunky design of the sensor rings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better face padding for Rift S

The Rift S is heavier but the face padding wasn't improved...needs to be thicker to keep the headset from pushing into our faces.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 72hz mode for watching movies in Rift S

Watching 24fps content in Rift S currently features quite a bit of judder, due to its 80hz refresh rate not being divisible by 24. Enabling a 72hz mode on the headset would allow for perfectly smooth 24fps motion. This would be a huge benefit when watching Netflix in the dashboard, or movies in Bigscreen.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support eGPU's

The Rift S has an odd bug where I have to disable my internal graphics drivers before it will work with my GTX 1070, and even then I have to restart the Oculus desktop app twice before it will work. I always have the white light, the screen is just black until I uninstall the internal graphics drivers (or disable it) and restart twice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. facebook / oculus buy or make a join vanture with the company "startech.com"

I tried to use the oculus rift s with an INATECK USB 5 Port Hub PCIE. But it didnt works with that. I buy a startech USB card and i havnt a problem. My Idea is: Aell the startech.com usb hardware optional in the oculus webstore. facebook / oculus buy or make a join vanture with the company "startech.com" .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base