Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Currently Oculus does not have an available option to disable the requirement of having controllers paired to the Rift S for functionality

Currently Oculus does not have an available option to disable the requirement of having controllers paired to the Rift S. This is Urgently needed when moving from Rift to Rift S when used VR solution is designed to have no controllers connected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trade in discount

I have been recommended to post this by the support staff, Is there a chance in the future for a trade policy? If we give our old oculus rifts in with sensors controllers, to get a discount for the oculus rift s? maybe 50% off or 25% off?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thunderbolt

One cable to rule them all! What about one thunderbolt cable option for better mobility? I connect my rift s to thunderbolt and USB but I think thunderbolt is able to power the rift s by itself. If you guys would add an option or an extra in stores I am sure a lot of people would prefer it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To translate and dub games to spanish

Context:

ALL the movies are dubbed to Spain-spanish from almost a century ago.

Before PS One, Sega and Nintendo did'nt translated subtitles of the games. Childs playing randomly without understand the story.

Then PS One arrived and smashed his competency. Nintendo 64 with untranslated games.

Sony translates and dubs all the games from PSX launch.Then PS third parties too with exceptions.

Spain is one of the most Sony lovers countries of the world. Later Microsoft arrived translating and dubbing too.

I hate GTAs because need to read translated subtitles while characters speak in english. I want to drive while understand…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve translating movement

If you can create shoulder pads with motion detectors you can effectively judge the movement of the arms and torso so you can make pve more advanced

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VR training

I am an OB nurse manager and I have an idea that may help healthcare workers train by using VR. I would love an opportunity to discuss this with someone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make it easier to connect to pc and ...

make it easier to find a way to contact you and please check on an order 61302632010111 controller to jaason farrant please !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Würdigen Rift Nachfolger erwünscht

Die S ist nicht wirklich ein Upgrade für meine Verwendung, ich fahre damit Raceroom Racing Experience und ich brauche einen guten immersiven Sound, was die Rift tadellos hinbekommt und bei der S komplett fehlt.
    Zwar wäre die etwas bessere Auflösung ein kleiner Vorteil, aber noch nicht ausreichend genug um sie als “Ersatz zu bezeichnen.
    Ich möchte nach der DK1, DK2 und CV1, Oculus treu bleiben und hoffe es ist bald ein würdiger Nachfolger in Planung, der alles übertrifft, Sound, Auflösung, Tragekomfort, Kabellos und mit seinem Vorgänger kompatibel, erst dann werde ich meine ersetzen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Upgraded halo that has over ear speakers and a tilt function for purchase

An upgraded halo that we can buy and swap out that offers over the ear speakers and a hinged lift design for the facial interface.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to delete the tutorials

The app is taking 12 gb of space in my c drive and I wanted to clean some files and I saw this taking alot of space and I believe if I can delete the tutorials I can make up more space

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. fix chat audio coming from both sound sources when useing external speakers.

It would be nice if you could link your external computer speakers to play game audio and use the built in rift s speakers for chat. having your party chat come from both speakers is ridiculous. it should be treated as a standard headset if external speakers are in use and it would only take one toggle button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Oculus Rift S minimum system requirement don't include that almost all Laptops without DisplayPort connections cannot support Rift S

Minimum system requirements listed through all selling websites do not include a notice that almost all laptops that don't have a DisplayPort connector on-board cannot support the Rift S, regardless of their other technical specs. Furthermore, available compatibility check tools do not check for the appropriate connection. When looking my Nvidia Control Panel it shows HDMI connections as directly connected to the discrete graphics card, and it isn't until I physically install the Rift S that it shows the USB-C port (which does allow connection of a DisplayPort adapter) only connects through the integrated graphics card, which ultimately causes the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Seated Play for Rift S

On the original Rift, you could calibrate your height during setup. It allowed seated play by sitting down and adjusting your height as such so you'd be sitting and be for example 6'0 and be sitting down instead of crouching. I don't have the strongest legs and it's not comfortable for me to stand up, I'm sure people have the same issue and I've also met a few people who couldn't even move their legs and were either in a wheelchair or they just sat in bed/a chair all day exploring a new world when they couldn't with our own…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make oculus medium and other creation tools multi platform so artists can choose what HMD they find most comfortable/affordable.

Hi I’m a digital artist and you guys just happened to make the best 3D sculpting program out there(oculus medium). It is literally the only thing I use VR for. BUT I am a HtC user and I am constantly being stopped from doing my work after “revive” gets the boot from updates. And I don’t make enough money to buy another VR setup to just use 1 art program. So I beg of you to open your platform just a bit more. I understand having exclusives, but I don’t understand making art tools an exclusive. Let the people create…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. trade up program

I would love to see a trade in program to be able to send you my old headset once I receive the new unit to minimize packing material and be able to reach a wider audience. now I was an early adopter and I knew things would change but ive always been a huge fan of vr, now when the first vr headset came out I saved and saved to finally buy the unit and ive been overall very happy with it. the biggest draw backs have been the sensors and not being able to see my surroundings. the new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How is it possible EU counties are n ot able to buy oculus? its a shame in 2019....

How is it possible EU counties are n ot able to buy oculus?
    Its 2019
    I suggest you either ship worldwide, or find a resseler.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change Foam of the Rift S

It would be a good thing to be able to replace the Foam for some PU leather because the Foam is absorbing sweat and that's not really fun to pass between friends.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support help

When you have to do a bunch of updates because of a new product you put out.
    Hire some backup support so we are not waiting all week or more to fix a bricked headset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More exposure and sales in Australia Central Coast

Australia needs more VR. My Fiance didn't even know what VR is untill I showed her recently.
    Have a business which is doing well but I can demonstrate what VR really is, for the people on the Central Coast of Australia if you'd like me to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full finger tracking?

After the release of the valve index, and more importantly the knuckles controllers, what are your plans to meet this new bar?

I don't have anything in mind, just I would like something similar to the knuckles just not as large and cumbersome. More oculus. I think this would greatly increase support for your headsets as well as the already successful oculus quest as if you were to design the controller's, I would be compatible with the quest and rift s.

Actually, I have one idea... a tracking ring around the wrist, visible at almost all angles!

A complicated idea…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base