Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Include support for Arab countries like Qatar

I've tried to buy the Rift S from the official website but it says the country I'm in is not supported which is really frustrating but I bought the Headset from Amazon and when I had an issue I tried to return the damaged one to Oculus and what they said to me is that my country isn't supported so they could not send a replacement to me

Why is none of the Arab countries supported? (Qatar,UAE,Saudi,Bahrain)?
    Why is it only the west and Europe? please do something about this issue it is very annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sell Rift CV1 ribbon cables for repair.

So, the Rift CV1 has major faults following the ribbon cable that provides audio to the right earpiece, and back IR LEDs.

Considering that this part is so small, and ribbon cables tend to be widely available for other hardware that use them, such as Sony products (Products known for being a pain to repair (And you can actually still buy ribbon cables from them either way,)) I think that Oculus should sell ribbon cables online.

I'd immediately buy at least 4 units of that part.

I am not changing my Rift CV1 for a Rift S, and I don't…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do not drop the Rift S and PC VR

It is with great disappointment that after purchasing a Rift S only a few weeks ago that Facebook / Oculus have decided to stop supporting the platform.

How hard can it be to continue supporting the Rift S platform? The product is barely one year old and should not be discontinued.

KEEP THE RIFT S GOING !!

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Turn off notification "your computer doesnt meet the updated minimum specifications"

"your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications, which can lead to poor performance"

I have been notified once now i want to turn it off. It is in my field of view constantly and is very annoying.

its also on the app when the app is opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve Rift S Touch Controller tracking

Tracking of the Rift S Touch Controllers seems to fail despite the controller being in plain site. In the attached video, you'll see that the initial loss is caused by (intentional) occlusion; however, the previously occluded controller isn't picked back up again despite no longer being occluded. In order to be positional tracked by the cameras again, it must be moved significantly. Note: this seems to happen if two things occur:

1. Occlusion of one controller

2. Synchronized movement between occluded controller and visible controller

This causes issues with FPS games so far, specifically ones where a two-handed pistol grip is being…

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Touch controllers to be turned completely off WITHOUT REMOVING THE BATTERIES

So, I don't know about others, but I play a lot of VR sim racing, etc. where I never need to touch the controllers. Beyond that, the controllers drain battery EVEN WHEN THE RIFT S IS NOT IN USE. Give us a friggin' controller on/off toggle. Please. It's simple.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow brightness adjust

I have oculus rift (cv1) and I'm getting headache because of too high brightness.
    I used to adjust it from nvidia control panel but with updates you remove this possibility.

Please find a way to allow user to adjust brightness again!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OBS 20.0.0 cause black screen in Rift S

My Rift S stopped work with a black screen when I downloaded OBS 20.0.0 no video only sound in the headset. I tried a lot of fixes provided by Oculus support which was no very helpful especially when they told me to reinstall Windows. The solution was to update to OBS 20.0.1 what fixed the problem. User and Oculus support should know this problem and how to fix it !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clear advertising that Facebook is required and clear advertising that this requirement prohibits anyone under age 13 from using oculus

My husband and I ordered these for our sons, 8 & 10, for their BIRTHDAYS! There was no clear warning label or advertisement that stated they could not use these headsets based on their age. Imagine their disappointment when we went to use their birthday presents today and were unable to because of age restrictions put in place by Facebook. They are not old enough to have Facebook accounts nor do I want them on social media. I am aware of the ricks to my children’s eyesight from using VR technology. I am also fully capable of monitoring their usage…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ASk for a Colaborating with Microsoft or Sony so the PS5 OR XBOX can Support oculus headsets

i know it wont ever happen but if it did it could bring more people to the ecosystem since not everyone likes pc

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the ability to purchase games as a gift for anothers account

If you know someone with an Oculus Rift S, there is currently no way to purchase a game for them. There needs to be a way to do this. Perhaps to create an account and give the option to pick an alternate account name to buy the game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to change brightness/contrast/saturation of the Oculus Rift S

Some games on the Rift S are too bright and it would be great to be able to lower the brightness of the Rift S to increase comfortable playtime.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the controller better

You must but something on controller for fire guns... i mean when i shoot i dont feel im shooting you can but little device inside the controller, when i shoot the device pash the controller back...that will make it reality...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

Accidently Leak the engineering of the Original Oculus Rift and Rift S Cable so that third party manufactures can make replacement cables.

I can no longer interact with my friends and family now that my headset cable kinked up due to normal use. During this pandemic Ive relied On my Oculus to chat with friends and family with VRChat. Keep Phyisically active playing Beat Saber but now I just for fortnite Thats an OOF I would upgrade to a RIftS but all sold out I would get a quest but sold out or Pay $200 - $300 Dollars extra to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. brightness

Sadly i'll be returning my Oculus Rift due to lack of colors/brightness adjustments options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to upgrade Rift to Quest 2 and would like to have an exchange program so that the cost of the new device becomes reasonable

I would like you to provide exchange program so that we will be able to upgrade to newer devices as they are developed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add compatibility of quest/quest 2 or rift S controllers to cv1 HMD

Allow CV1 customers to use Quest or Quest2 or rift S controllers. Helping the flexibility of owning the oculus rift and accessories.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please do not force people to use facebook log in

I am not a facebook user. I have been required to create a facebook account to continue using my Rift S. This has resulted in me losing all the programmes that I had previously purchased.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the Robot mics

Fix the stupid robot mics that oculus has yet to fix

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)