Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. 72hz mode for watching movies in Rift S

Watching 24fps content in Rift S currently features quite a bit of judder, due to its 80hz refresh rate not being divisible by 24. Enabling a 72hz mode on the headset would allow for perfectly smooth 24fps motion. This would be a huge benefit when watching Netflix in the dashboard, or movies in Bigscreen.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please do "Oculus Direct" to showcase up and coming exclusives and third-party titles

OC6 was amazing, but you need something for the consumers as well. Copy what Nintendo and Sony are doing with their pre-recorded videos that highlights coming exclusives and third-party titles. Get people talking, and get people who don't have a VR headset thinking about getting one.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Kids into Oculus

Integrate Kids into Oculus by making 13- age setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show us our suggestions are actually considered and the Rift s isn't abandoned

It would be really nice for Oculus to start showing any kind of sign they're actually listening to us here. It's all good and well if you have a Quest, you get plenty of updates and improvements, but Rift s users are left dead in the water with virtually no updates, issues that have been around for over a year now, and no new major features added. The Quest is treated like the perfect baby, nurtured and improved, while the Rift S is treated like the problem child, ignored and left to fester with its issues. Buying the Rift S…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Gamma, white balance and color saturation adjustmen

Games are designed for OLED screen of original Rift. There are issues in dark games. We need to calibrate gamma, brightness (no backlight) and color for correct results.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shipment to greece

I live in greece and i want to buy an oculus rift s but the problem is that most of our stores dont sell any vr headset and most of them are pretty scummy i have been thinking about buying it from the italian or german amazon so i pay less fees but im still worried of getting scammed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow not using a play area

Basically, I wanna be able to to use my headset in very low light conditions for seated experiences that may not even need 6dof. It would be cool to keep 6dof in low-light, but if there was even a 3dof only toggle where it would stop saying "play area not found" when I just wanna run a racing sim, that would be swell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Touch controllers to be turned completely off WITHOUT REMOVING THE BATTERIES

So, I don't know about others, but I play a lot of VR sim racing, etc. where I never need to touch the controllers. Beyond that, the controllers drain battery EVEN WHEN THE RIFT S IS NOT IN USE. Give us a friggin' controller on/off toggle. Please. It's simple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add product restock status on website

Would be nice to have some kind of information about restock status on the website instead of just unavailable in your country.
    If it is going to be restocked than some kind of info text like "Expected back in stock DATE" if you have some kind of idea of where or "Restock date unknown" When you have no idea when but you know you will restock.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow brightness adjust

I have oculus rift (cv1) and I'm getting headache because of too high brightness.
    I used to adjust it from nvidia control panel but with updates you remove this possibility.

Please find a way to allow user to adjust brightness again!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make NOSE FLAP, available on spare parts

Make Nose flap available, on spare parts site, include it with the spare part facial interface, or make an option when buying facial interface to buy it with or without new nose flap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add windows environment variable to ignore guardian set up

My guardian set up is disabled every time I launch my rift, occasionally my rift forget's the guardian set up and asks me to re draw my boundaries. I would like to see a windows environment variable enabled that allows me to force guardian set up off. As a user who ignores set up, I should not have to re define floor height and skip boundary set up each time I play; or better yet, when the rift forgets it's not set up, boundary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. new better headset

I think that more seasoned VR players with better setups would appreciate a headset that is basically a rift s with the quest style of the head strap, a mechanical ipd, 90hz display, and outside-in tracking for the superior comfort while gaming and the best possible tracking experience. I think that people would even pay a premium for this better experience. It would also be cool to have hand tracking but that would probably have to be a future you pay extra for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DLSS 2 as standard

Would be needed too for 4k 120 Hz with SSAA 1.25x

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. this is probably the most **** vr on the platform constaly im havign issues with it and it will never work porperly

this is probably the most **** vr on the platform constaly im havign issues with it and it will never work porperly even after 1 replacment headset and 15 chat sessions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Nvidia Quadro RTX support

Support of Nvidia Quadro RTX graphic cards + USB-C Thunder for RiftS. It works, but full graphic power is not supported. VR-Picture is shaking and rendering slowly. E.g. HL:Alyx is only playable with low quality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sell Rift CV1 ribbon cables for repair.

So, the Rift CV1 has major faults following the ribbon cable that provides audio to the right earpiece, and back IR LEDs.

Considering that this part is so small, and ribbon cables tend to be widely available for other hardware that use them, such as Sony products (Products known for being a pain to repair (And you can actually still buy ribbon cables from them either way,)) I think that Oculus should sell ribbon cables online.

I'd immediately buy at least 4 units of that part.

I am not changing my Rift CV1 for a Rift S, and I don't…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improved Controllers with integrated cameras for better tracking

I really like the inside out tracking of the Rift S. But every time the controllers are not in front of the headset, for example behind your back, they are not tracked. This is a serious problem for some games. So if it is technical possible, my idea is to integrate one ore two cameras into each controller. With this the tracking would be greatly improved without external sensors.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple users/accounts for family members.. Family sharing.. If Apple can do it, so can you!

I can't believe it's 2020 and I (as a parent) can't download a game from Oculus and have separate game data/user accounts for my kids.. Completely unsat, and I'd likely not have purchased this headset if I knew about this glaring problem for families. If Apple (The mothership of software control) can figure out family sharing, so can you Oculus!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please give the Rift S some love!

Hi Oculus,
    I have been fighting issues with my Rift S for a while now and am waiting for my RMA to return in the mail. I have had problems that include robot mic, speakers popping, random loss of tracking, and, most annoyingly, constant headset crashing remedied only be restarting my PC.

Just so that you know: All of these issues spawned from and Oculus Software update that mainly had changes only for Oculus Quest Link. Please pass this on to your developers and let them know that they need to get these issues resolved, even if it is just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base