Oculus Rift S and Rift

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. make an option for Guardian wall when close, floor line always on.

Like title says. Why are wall and line exclusive options? I'd love to have the line always on to know where I'm at, and the wall to come up when close. Right now we can only chose one or the other when neither is ideal

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow toggle key for Guardian (Sim Racing)

When sim racing, the guardian grid is right in front of my face. I have to go into dash and disable it, but need to re-enable it if I'm playing a standing VR game. This requireIs me to go into settings. It's an annoyance.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set up position of desk in Guardian System. OR! Ability to setup more than one guardian system

My computer, keyboard, and mouse sits on my desk. I set the guardian system up to where the edge of the desk is the edge of my guardian system so I don't accidentally punch my screen when punching a droid in Robo Recall or walk into the desk itself in VR. However, if I could somehow sit at my desk and use it without the Guardian system getting in the way that would be great. I like using the headset but would like to switch to my keyboard to type a paper for college or play a game that requires…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trackers like Vive

I want Trackers like Vive. Why doesn't Oculus have Trackers? https://www.vive.com/us/vive-tracker/

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically disable guardian when seated at keyboard

Ability to create/remember a "seated position" where guardian will be disabled.

I mean "I" like the grid in my face while I'm seated and typing... but other people might not >.>

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inner & Outer Guardian Boundaries for Accessories (+Editor)

While there are tools out there that allow you to edit the guardian boundary (to make it nice and pretty for the OCD like me), I'd really like to see a built in guardian editor that additionally allows smaller, custom outlines to be placed inside or outside the main guardian boundary.

As an example, when guardian is showing, I'd like to able to mark additional areas where non wired accessories such as keyboards, mice, etc. may be placed. This would be incredibly useful for those who have a dedicated remote VR room that is not connected to their main gameplay…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. guardian direction

It would be nice to have the ability to see sensors when approaching guardian system and/or have a front back left right marker, maybe by color of the grid or label.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Smooth Curvature of Guardian Outline

I would be nice if Rift would smooth out the outline that we made to made the Guardian Cage a little more aesthetically pleasing. I know that every time I do mine there are some areas where I looked like I sneezed. Unfortunately, I do not have the steadiest of hands.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. guardian

Not sure if this is a new idea, or a bug introduced by Core 2.0 beta.

When playing games that don't support the Touch controllers, the guardian system is disabled until the game is exited. Once back in Oculus Home/Dash or when loading a Touch enabled game the guardian system works fine again.

I'm sure that before Oculus Core 2.0 beta, that loading a non-Touch enabled game wouldn't disable the guardian system?

So I guess this is either a great new idea, so please vote, or it's a bug that needs fixing, so please vote :-)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easy way to turn guardian sytem on and off

Please give us an easy way to turn the guardian system on and off. For example F1 = on F2 = off or F1 = both on and off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 27 28 29 31 Next →

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base