Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Glasses wearers

It would be VERY helpful to the 70% or so of your customers that wear glasses if you would at least provide a deeper pad that would allow for the use of glasses when using the appliance..... I had to buy a special pair of micro glasses to use with the Rift.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Oculus Avatar to be used in steam games

I play pokerstars VR on both oculus and steam and i would like the ability to use my oculus Avatar on pokerstars via steam

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to show the center of the play-area in-game.

Some games offer this option, but it would be very useful to be able to permanently display the center of the play-area using the Guardian settings.

Allow us to set the size, color and transparency for bonus points.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a total deactivation of guardian checks (tracking zone not found popup)

This is for all non-home solutions (optitrack tracking, sport equippement setup, sim racing, etc. )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Software to convert "regular" games to 3D.

Similar to vorpx but we need a cleaner, easier method for playing any game in 3d. Forget making non VR games VR, just make them display in 3D in the headset in an easy to use fashion. I truly believe this will make VR headsets take off as a product. Playing a game in 3d is completely different and amazing. It doesn't have to be a first person game either.

Sitting down using a controller does not make me sick in the slightest, just avoid any head tracking for character view. Use a stationary screen that displays depth in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Complete-Deinstallation of the Oculus System

It would be nice to have a deinstallation option which delete everything like software / apps / account information / headsets / etc.

In my device overview it shows me the RIFT and the RIFT S with its controllers...for the RIFT S it shows me several RIGHT CONTROLLERS with strange Firmwarestatus (Sympols), I tried to remove them with the REMOVE button, but it did not work. Therefore I tried to deinstall the software to start from the "scratch"...it didn't work, it keeps the payment details and other things.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flying Sims

There are a lot of flying simulation games out there, and I'm sure there are a lot of enthusiast.

Not sure if my idea is being suggested before...

It's to mount oculus onto pilots helmet, make it like a visor, which can push up and down. The audio can be made built-in to the helmet, such that USB plug ins can power the oculus and audio.

Just an idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How about bringing LANDS END to Oculus Rift.

How about bringing LANDS END to Oculus Rift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DisplayPort to type c adapter in box most entry level gaming laptops do not even come with Mini DisplayPort plug ins anymore.

DisplayPort to type c adapter in box most entry level gaming laptops do not even come with Mini DisplayPort plug ins anymore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Replace the Touch S controllers.

There are tracking issues with the existing Touch S controllers.

1. According to John Carmack's tweet, the leds are too bright and glaring.

2. These suckers can be tracked up to 20 feet away from the headset (why is this necessary for insight????)

3. Haptics are weak.

4. Sensor rings are TOO large.

In short this controller was not well designed for insight.

An improved controller can address many of the issues with upclose tracking loss, weak haptics and general clunky design of the sensor rings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Refunds

Make requesting a refund simple and clear. The steps described in the help page are not accurate, and contacting customer support only referred me back to the same documentation. This feels like a bad faith attempt to inundate users and limit the number of refund requests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. trade up program

I would love to see a trade in program to be able to send you my old headset once I receive the new unit to minimize packing material and be able to reach a wider audience. now I was an early adopter and I knew things would change but ive always been a huge fan of vr, now when the first vr headset came out I saved and saved to finally buy the unit and ive been overall very happy with it. the biggest draw backs have been the sensors and not being able to see my surroundings. the new…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for Family accounts, Library/Media Lab environments - Manage many devices from one account

I manage a VR Lab and am juggling accounts between a large number of Quests, Rifts, Rift S's, and Go's at the moment.

It would be great if I could manage these devices from one place, see what version of firmware they are running, make purchases on one account and license them out (or whatever) to as many devices as I am allowed.

Many university libraries are interested in keeping Oculus Go's (and to a lesser extent, Quests), on hand for students to explore the library of 360 content and educational experiences. Much of that content has been supported by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enhance download performance

Is very difficult to download update and games if you don't have a perfect internet connection. Downloads don't restart automatically. When you try to restart manually it take 20 minutes for "download optimization" . This make downloads frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow override of dGPU dependcy for DP connection.

So, my laptop has a Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti as the dGPU, yet I can't use my Rift S with the laptop because the Mini-DP port is connected to the iGPU which in turn then connects to the dGPU. And this being a Clevo Laptop, there is no way to change this fact. To be clear, the iGPU does not do anything. It just sits there and tells the frames where to go, as far I am concerned. Plus, if something like Trinus VR works (Very different to Oculus, but the concept of using the iGPU to prepare frames for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create an in game overlay for discord to use it without leaving the game

Be able to have a mini screen on your wrist to reply to messaged without leaving the game.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update

Könnte man nicht ein Update der rift machen z.b. eine Abdeckung mit Sensoren damit die externen nicht mehr benötigt werden so müsste man als rift Nutzer sich keine rift s zu legen oder noch 2 Sensoren holen um auch dieses Spiel Erlebnisses zu kommen. Quasi vorne auf die Brille einen Deckel mit Sensoren der mit an die rift Schnittstelle kommt man müsste dann sicher ein anderes Kabel benutzen. Ich bin mir sicher wenn der Bausatz nicht so viel kostet bin ich mir sicher das viele rift Nutzer darauf zurückgreifen anstatt 200 für 2 Sensoren auszugeben.
    Mfg M.Möllenkamp

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Config settings local file

Allow a local configuration file that stores all Oculus app settings. Will allow for easier change to settings found in menus plus others like turning off guardian without loading the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve the controllers by moving the battery spring to the bottom end.

Playing Beat Saber on Expert +, the controller will disappear during large swings. This is caused because the spring holding the battery in place is at the top of the controller battery compartment. Large, fast swings will cause the battery to compress the spring and lose contact at the bottom. The power briefly goes out and the controller drops from the game. If the spring was on the bottom end this would not happen. Other suggestions would be to add in a capacitor to hold charge if the battery was disconnected or as others suggested switch to a large rechargeable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)