Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Real time keyboard that can be seen in VR .Box for rift s so you can go wireless

Real time keyboard that can be seen in VR .Box for rift s so you can go wireless

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. false shipping estimates

Maybe you might want to consider posting your actual shipping estimate. It’s been 5 business days and still has Not shipped and is going to ***** up Christmas for my son.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Limiting Android/iOS app recommendations based on compatible systems

I have a Rift, and also have the Android Oculus app. I like getting recommendations for games I might like, but would prefer having the ability to limit the recommendations to only compatible programs. If it works on Rift and Quest, great! Recommend it! But if it only works on Quest, I don't need to see it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a screenshot button shortcut combination (menu+trigger)

Steam VR has an option to hold the menu button and press the trigger to take a screenshot. I would like a similar option in Oculus. At the moment going into the dash to take a screenshot is slow and cumbersome and takes you out of the game. Using the dash also makes you lose grip of any item you might be holding which can interrupt what you're trying to screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Rift S] Can we have a longer replacement cable which using Virtualink, rather than the USB 3.0 and Displayport?

[Rift S] Can we have a longer replacement cable which using Virtualink, rather than the USB 3.0 and Displayport? With the Virtualink adaptor from Valve canned, can we have a replacement cable which allows RTX users to utilize the Virtualink standard, hopefully sidestepping any USB conflicts too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Oculus Rift Pod

A pod. Figured out a lot of things for it already but completely subversive. Oculus Software used in a different way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable the notification about minimum specifications

My computer has 2 intel E5 and works flawlessly with my rift S. But the app can’t stop saying the machine doesn’t have the minimum required... I’d just like to disable this information, as I don’t need to upgrade anything, it just works and this message annoys me. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better and faster customer service for submissions

Have customer support assign someone who will respond quickly to your matters. They should also be able to pass your case to other team members if they are feeling overwhelmed or do not feel their personality is best for helping the developer. It has been one month since a recent submission with no communication.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How is it possible EU counties are n ot able to buy oculus? its a shame in 2019....

How is it possible EU counties are n ot able to buy oculus?
    Its 2019
    I suggest you either ship worldwide, or find a resseler.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better face padding for Rift S

The Rift S is heavier but the face padding wasn't improved...needs to be thicker to keep the headset from pushing into our faces.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Power button in the app

And then the power button can either turn off the oculus completely so you can eject and remove it, or "soft power down," basically sleep mode but manual, and It isn't detected by anything but the oculus program.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sell a pet collar that gets detected and shows up upon the pet entering the guardian space.

It would consist of maybe an infrared reflector, or something along those lines, and upon entering the guardian area, it would maybe make an audible ping, or even show where the pet is in the guardian zone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please update Oculus compatibility tool

Current compatibility tool for Oculus doesn't make a distiction between USB chipset generations, and Rift S only runs on USB 3.2 Gen2 ports. It will show that computer is compatible even if it has USB3.0 or USB3.2 Gen1 ports which do not have sufficient bandwidth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For Future VR Headset Design Consideration...

I play DCS World. The lack of a mechanical IPD adjustment makes the game look smallish. That's why I put away my Rift S and went back to my CV1. That feature alone kind of killed the interest in Rift S. I will never purchase a headset without mechanical IPD adjust-ability again...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an ASW Status indicator

I'm aware that the ability exists to control ASW in game. Please consider implementing an advisory in the headset that indicates to the user the current status of ASW when the key combination that changes its function has been activated. As it is now, I have to see if any changes are noticeable and that seems less than desirable...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tone down the performance when using a displayport to hdmi adapter

Hi i'm new to vr
    I baught an oculus rift s about a week ago alongside with a displayport to hdmi adapter because my laptop only has hdmi.
    Sadly i found out that adapters aren't supportet for performance reasons making the rift s usless for me.

My idea is that you could have an option during the setup in oculus home where you can say that you're using an adapter and it then adapts the performance to hdmi.

I don't know if this will work but i hope it does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stream games to others headsets. I would like my friends to see me play games they don't have.

Stream as you to to phone, PC or TV to headsets. So as I play a game that my friends don't have, I can share my view to them so they see what I see and we can talk as I play. I can tell them about the game and/or how to play, etc. As a bonus for you (Oculus), I could convince them to buy the game and play it with me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No earphone on rift s? You are turning your back on alot of potential clients!

Removing headphones is just ridiculous!
    If using the gear in a large space, in a room with other people (like an arcade)
    If you live with family or just live in an apartment with thin walls! Having earphones is a must! If you really want to sell your product to a wider range of people you need to consider real people's constrictions. The whole idea of putting a universe into a head set is to be able to get away and emerce myself in another world! In most places I have lived, due to high amounts of traffic, even with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix oculus software crashing after taking off headset

Seems to be an issue with guardian not recognizing the room and having an infinite 3 dot loading sign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base