Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Config settings local file

Allow a local configuration file that stores all Oculus app settings. Will allow for easier change to settings found in menus plus others like turning off guardian without loading the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the controllers by moving the battery spring to the bottom end.

Playing Beat Saber on Expert +, the controller will disappear during large swings. This is caused because the spring holding the battery in place is at the top of the controller battery compartment. Large, fast swings will cause the battery to compress the spring and lose contact at the bottom. The power briefly goes out and the controller drops from the game. If the spring was on the bottom end this would not happen. Other suggestions would be to add in a capacitor to hold charge if the battery was disconnected or as others suggested switch to a large rechargeable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update the section about msi laptops at rift s troubleshooting page

Recently, msi have updated vbios for their laptops and fixed almost all issues about black screen on rift s on them. I suggest you add some info about it on a support page. Like "contact msi support and ask for a vbios for your specific model" or so. I'm msi laptop user myself, so I know about this pain (returned mine in June), but now I defenitly want to give it another try

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screen Overclock to 120 Hz and to use reprojection from 60 FPS for decrease requeriments

-Less requeriments

-Powerful hardware running at 120 FPS

-Less resolution than Index for more SSAA

-ASW2 "necessary for half frecuency mode"

¿Maybe 100 Hz at least?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VR without a controller

I was thinking, and you know how in vr you have to use controllers to move around and grab things? Well, what if, somewhat like the Kinect camera you get with Xbox's that let you point at something and it loads it up for you (like Just Dance, for example), what if you used an improved version of that which meant you are looking at a thing on the screen through your headset, and you reach out to something and clench your fists, picking up the object, or you extend a finger to press a button. The camera could even…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make AR

I need to talk to someone about my many ideas to take you product line to the next level first.
    I have companion product ideas as well as oculus upgrade ideas to make it compatible with augmented reality environments and tasks.
    But I will need to talk someone and make a deal.

Shawn Petty
    480-258-3408

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fixed foveated Super Sampling

In 50% center of screen SSAA x1,8 at 1,4 cost. No SSAA at 50%

Optionally foveated for increase central resolution SSAA.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To use the oculus pass through as AR, like for virtual virtual reality and for virtual desktop

So you can use Oculus Passthrough in like virtual virtual reality or in like Minecraft where you can put your Minecraft game on your wall like with the Microsoft Hollo Lens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Exclusivity

VR is great but there is one big problem with the oculus, VR exclusivity. Think about it, with the amount of people that actually have VR it's pretty ridiculous that the rift has so many exclusive games. It should be equal for everyone regardless of what headset you use. There are very few people who are gonna switch their decision on a headset based on a few games.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For Future VR Headset Design Consideration...

I play DCS World. The lack of a mechanical IPD adjustment makes the game look smallish. That's why I put away my Rift S and went back to my CV1. That feature alone kind of killed the interest in Rift S. I will never purchase a headset without mechanical IPD adjust-ability again...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Magnetic removeable facial interface piece

The Oculus Facial interface piece gets sweaty very quickly, it could be constructed like the battery compartment cover and be easy removable, perfect for people who wants their own personal sweaty face cushion ;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. account

It would be nice to be able to make some family or guest subaccounts under my main account and have them able to access my library of games. I sometimes will have friends over or let family members play on my Rift, but it would be nice to let them create their own username instead of using mine to avoid Oculus friends thinking I'm online and ignoring them. I usually have to set my settings to appear offline and let people know it's not me playing to avoid having invites sent.

With my old Nintendo Wii, we'd have one console,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include an option to reset games

Can you add some way to either reset whatever game you're playing back to the start from the Home/Dash, for those times when you've shown a friend your game before playing it yourself but actually want to play the thing from the start now, or basically make it a requirement that developers actually include this in their games by default, which really should be standard feature/option in pretty much every single game on every platform in this day and age.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include an option to reset games

Can you add some way to either reset whatever game you're playing back to the start from the Home/Dash, for those times when you've shown a friend your game before playing it yourself but actually want to play the thing from the start now, or basically make it a requirement that developers actually include this in their games by default, which really should be standard feature/option in pretty much every single game on every platform in this day and age.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. a button for each finger and more

You could never go wrong with more buttons. on the other hand, not having enough buttons is never a good thing. I think the new version of the touch controllers should have 2 buttons on the opposite side of the joysticks, mirroring the two buttons that are already there, and you should also give us 2 small triggers for the pinky and ring finger. Very thin ones that stick out a bit so you can easily rest your fingers between or beside them or put your finger on them and press them to experience full 5 finger support. In addition,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Your Support department is ****.

You ask a customer to provide you with receipts. Logs. Troubleshooting.

And then after that you ask them to do more work and pritn out a label and send it in the original box.

******** guys. get sued. I want all my money back .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix ouclus rift poor tracking speed

The oculus is great in my opinion and I’ve had no issues at all with how it performs, except the tracking speed, I play games that require fast hand tracking and the rift is severely behind in terms of tracking speed behind all other headsets. Patch notes 1.40 claims to have improved it but it didn’t. Amazling somehow when setting up the guardian you can’t loose tracking when testing the speed but none the less the second you actually jump into rift you can’t move your hands no where near as fast, I would love to see this changed in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Separate volume for built in and external headphones

So the Rift S has the built in sound device. It's much quieter than using external IEMs, so when I plug or disconnect the IEMs I always have to remember to adjust the volume. If I don't, I may receive an unpleasant sound blast.

I think there should be two volume settings, one for internal and one for external. They can be consolidated into the same slider, too, as long as the Rift can auto detect the currently used device and adjust the volume automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. regolazione gamma

salve :vorrei porvi una questione ,ho notato che lo schermo e troppo luminoso e questo in alcuni giochi e un svantaggio ,vi chiedo e possibile
    fare una app per regolare la gamma o luminosita a mio piacimento.
    io la vr la apprezzato tramite psvr e qui i neri sono migliori

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base